Whats wrong with being 18 and on this board

vatz22au

Had a reply that concerned a sterotype for all 18 yr olds or for that matter...anyone who cannot run for president (according to him....which is 35 i believe).

"I just checked his profile and his B-Day is January 12, 1985. He has not turned 19 yet so arguing with him is like arguing with your own son...frustrating at best."

18....old enough to die for your country...old enough to vote....old enough to at LEAST talk auburn football

So the question I want to ask you guys, is there anything immature about being 18? 15, yes I could see how that age might be...but I am 18, living on my own, paying rent, bills, and getting an education at the university I love the most. Do I sound immature to you guys? Do I throw cuss words at every turn?

When I was 18 I was more than mature enough to carry on conversations about football, politics, etc.

Age is all relative. I know some 40 year olds who aren't mature enough to carry on a level headed conversation.

Compared to a someone who is 35? Yes, odds are you are immature. But, compared to someone who is 70, that person who is 35 is probably immature.

It's all relative. I wouldn't concern myself with it too much if I were you.

Had a reply that concerned a sterotype for all 18 yr olds or for that matter...anyone who cannot run for president (according to him....which is 35 i believe).

"I just checked his profile and his B-Day is January 12, 1985. He has not turned 19 yet so arguing with him is like arguing with your own son...frustrating at best."

18....old enough to die for your country...old enough to vote....old enough to at LEAST talk auburn football

So the question I want to ask you guys, is there anything immature about being 18? 15, yes I could see how that age might be...but I am 18, living on my own, paying rent, bills, and getting an education at the university I love the most. Do I sound immature to you guys? Do I throw cuss words at every turn?

Agreed to an extent. I have been on my own since I was 16 and basically fed and raised my little brother and older sister. It's quite a learning experience....

But honestly, I dont think anyone can judge another online. In order for me to say whether someone I know is mature or not, it would take me to see actions of their or meet them......

18 and living on your own in Auburn? Man, I'm just jealous. You da' man, Vatz! :D

lol couldnt tell if that was sarcastic or not.....But thx y'all, I agree with every one of you about judging online...just wanted to see the output of others on this.

I don't think this is the forum for this thread.

What's wrong with being ?? and posting on this board?

Its all a matter of perspective. At 18, a person has only seen a small part of what most 40 year olds have. I had the same beliefs at 18, maturity, responsibility and the ability to take care of myself, yet when I look back, I realize that I saw the world in a much more simplistic way. As most people age, they tend to gain a bit of patience and understanding that can only come with the disappointments and trials that life puts before us.

I see a lot of immaturity on these boards; often it's in the form of "I want a national championship and I want it now and if I don't get it, I want to fire everybody". Certainly, there are some who are much older who have this attitude, but I think its probably most often seen among the younger fans.

There is nothing wrong with being 18; I would love to be 18 and do it all over again and get it right this time! But when you are on the wrong side of 50 and look back, you will realize that you didn't know nearly as much at 18 as you thought you did.

WAR EAGLE ..... AU class of '72

Not sarcastic at all. I was once 18, living on my own and going to school at AU. If I could just go back and do it over again, knowing what I know now...Oh hell, I probably wouldn't score now either. :D:D Well, I did meet my wife in a psychology class there.

If I was 18 again, I wouldn't just score knowing what I know now. I would lead the nation in scoring. This assumes that it's back in 1973 and there was no AIDs.

If you're 18, enjoy and live life to it's fullest. It's true, youth is wasted on the young.

Just in case anyone didnt know, I have appointed a 18 or younger individual as a Mod on this board. Maturity is in the action, not in the date on your driver's license.

We have had grown men on here that are less mature than my 3 year old cousins, slamming people left and right, or even trying to bring down the site. And we have had college kids who can carry on a conversation as good as anyone else I've ever met.

Totally agree here, but just cause you dont agree with everyone on the board doesnt make you immature. Some people think that people with a different opinion than themselves, make that person immature..<cough cough>

I'm in total agreement with all of you fellow young guys. We are perfectly capable of carrying on extremely intelligent football related conversations. I have been discriminated against on other football boards because of my age. I'm sorry but I would have never expected this from an Auburn board. Come on you guys.

The only "problem" with age (and I use that term only because that seems to be the theme of this thread, not my personal opinion) is that perhaps at 18, a person has limited life experience to draw upon. Maturity can come at any age, but in terms of learning from what life hands you, you simply haven't lived long enough to have the benefit of life experience - not your fault or anything, but just a function of time spent breathing on this earth. I think that is separate from maturity - a measure of your maturity is how you handle those life experiences. Like others have said, some 40 year olds may have all kinds of experiences under their belt, but because they are immature idiots, they have handled all those experiences poorly. An 18 year old may be incredibly mature, and demonstrate that by facing the challenges life has thrown at him or her. But some people may not recognize their opinions simply because the 18 year old "hasn't lived long enough".

That may make NO sense whatsoever - bad headache - but it's just a thought. Maybe someone else can translate.

"I just checked his profile and his B-Day is January 12, 1985.  He has not turned 19 yet so arguing with him is like arguing with your own son...frustrating at best."

So the question I want to ask you guys, is there anything immature about being 18?  15, yes I could see how that age might be...but I am 18, living on my own, paying rent, bills, and getting an education at the university I love the most.  Do I sound immature to you guys?  Do I throw cuss words at every turn?

Vatz

I am the "old man" that made the comment you are referring to but you need to go back and put it into perspective. The comment was agreeing with your post about TigerJs. If you would just slow down and take your time you would have realized that. You do not have the same birthday as TigerJs or are you one and the same?

18....old enough to die for your country...old enough to vote....old enough to at LEAST talk auburn football. Yes I agree and when I was 18 old enouth to drink(yes young boys and girls before you were born we could drink at 18). I agree that you can talk about Auburn football but you were the one bashing TigerJs for talking bad about Tommy Tuberville's health, family etc. I was just saying he was not "experienced" enouth to realize that Football is just a game and not life or death.

I also agree that just because someone is "older" that does not mean wiser. Bobby Lowder, Dr. Walker and David Housel are all older than you or I but I would think most 18 year old students at any College would be smarter than they were over the past few weeks.

Go back and read my response.

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?s...opic=3200&st=30

Have a great day young man. Besides shouldent you be studing for finals? Sorry that is my Dad side taliking as I have a 19 year old son in College. :D

Archived