A Tiny Crack in the Armor

Proud Tiger

It may be small, but Kevin Scarbinsky in today's B'ham News takes a subtle shot at Slick Nick, the first one I've seen from one of the major state papers.

www.al.com

(see B'ham News/Sports)

Oh Bama. You ever wonder what exactly they're thinking about every day? I honestly think they're crazy...maybe it's something in the water, I don't know. If Auburn's basketball team became a top ten program, I would definitely show the love. Bama seems to only think about football and how great their football is. The funniest thing is that after five straight losses to Auburn and five different head coaches in 9 years, they still think their football program is great. Can anybody else say group therapy?

The best part of the article is listed below.

Gottfried himself understands. He's seen football coaches come and go. Since Gottfried returned to his alma mater, Saban is the fifth man to occupy the big office in the football building.

We support the crap out of our basketball team. The LSU game was sold out BEFORE they announced Saban was to be Bama's next coach.

No we dont sell out every single game. But we do our share. Alabama averages nearly 11,000 per game. Florida won the NC last year and only averaged about 500 more...and their enrollment is about 30% larger than ours.

Hell in 2005, Texas only averaged 200 more per game and they are over double our enrollment.

er, uh. The article wasn't knocking fan support at alabama. It just mentioned that there is much more interest in football.

It was knocking saban for using the stage provided by the b-ball program to boost his lieing a$$ without even being so kind as to give a ROLL TIDE to the basketball team.

You've hired a coach who is more concerned with placating the fans from the last school he coached than acknowledging the b-ball team when he uses one of their games to boost his whatever.

It will take you a while to understand the implications of this. At least one or two years.

Oh Bama. You ever wonder what exactly they're thinking about every day? I honestly think they're crazy...maybe it's something in the water, I don't know. If Auburn's basketball team became a top ten program, I would definitely show the love. Bama seems to only think about football and how great their football is. The funniest thing is that after five straight losses to Auburn and five different head coaches in 9 years, they still think their football program is great. Can anybody else say group therapy?

To be a little fair, I think a lot of SEC schools are like that....

Tennessee all the sudden cares about basketball mens wise and they never have....with I am sure some exceptions in their past years wise.....

Florida didn't care about basketball until the coach before Donnovan brought in talent and won and made them stable

UGA...well, we just suck BUT if we ever became good...we would sell out and care only until we started losing :(

er, uh. The article wasn't knocking fan support at alabama. It just mentioned that there is much more interest in football.

It was knocking saban for using the stage provided by the b-ball program to boost his lieing a$$ without even being so kind as to give a ROLL TIDE to the basketball team.

You've hired a coach who is more concerned with placating the fans from the last school he coached than acknowledging the b-ball team when he uses one of their games to boost his whatever.

It will take you a while to understand the implications of this. At least one or two years.

You are expecting way too much of BG if you expect him to get it on the first try.

Guys, I am probably a voice in the wilderness, but $aban is a very good coach and is pretty smooth. He will turn UA around (BTW, that shouldn't be real hard to do). All that means is that our coaches, players and fans simply need to up the ante and do an even better job of supporting our team.

Is $aban a liar and a jerk? Yep, but he IS a hired gun to turn UA around and he will do that. What is going to be interesting is when his personna becomes totally evident, how will the UA good ole boy network react to him. Depends on whether he is winning.

I really don't care what he does. All I care about is what WE do!!!!

WDE

Guys, I am probably a voice in the wilderness, but $aban is a very good coach and is pretty smooth. He will turn UA around (BTW, that shouldn't be real hard to do). All that means is that our coaches, players and fans simply need to up the ante and do an even better job of supporting our team.

Is $aban a liar and a jerk? Yep, but he IS a hired gun to turn UA around and he will do that. What is going to be interesting is when his personna becomes totally evident, how will the UA good ole boy network react to him. Depends on whether he is winning.

I really don't care what he does. All I care about is what WE do!!!!

WDE

In this case my friend you better keep a close eye on the enemy. The PTBs at bama don't just want to win they want to destroy Auburn.

We support the crap out of our basketball team. The LSU game was sold out BEFORE they announced Saban was to be Bama's next coach.

No we dont sell out every single game. But we do our share. Alabama averages nearly 11,000 per game. Florida won the NC last year and only averaged about 500 more...and their enrollment is about 30% larger than ours.

Hell in 2005, Texas only averaged 200 more per game and they are over double our enrollment.

Reporters there for the game claimed it was no where near a sell out.

Reporters were lying then. I was there. The only empty seats were the 5 in the row behind the ESPN camera at half court.

They started turning students away an hour and a half before tip off.

Reporters were lying then. I was there. The only empty seats were the 5 in the row behind the ESPN camera at half court.

Why should reporters be any different. Seems like just about everybody else in Tuscalooser is lying these days.

Why should reporters be any different. Seems like just about everybody else in Tuscalooser is lying these days.

Pine Box.

Slick Nick 103 Tubs 1

Current Credibility Rating on a scale of 1-10:

Tubs 10 Slick Nick 0

Way to show off that Bammer class in your sig-pic BG. "Brady's an idot".

Yeah Ive never seen AU fans hold up classless signs.

Maybe not from basketball games at least.

1) You dont play on TV much

2) The three fans that show up dont bring signs

3) The student section hasnt existed since Porter left

Way to show off that Bammer class in your sig-pic BG. "Brady's an idot".

Yeah Ive never seen AU fans hold up classless signs.

Maybe not from basketball games at least.

1) You dont play on TV much

2) The three fans that show up dont bring signs

3) The student section hasnt existed since Porter left

If your answer hadn't been so smartass, I would have conceeded the fact that we don't play on TV much in basketball, and we don't have a lot of fans there. But, what exactly were you trying to prove with your "witty" come-back? Auburn is bad, therefore Alabama is good? We know that's what you think. But, you used to be an Alabama fan, open to discussion. What happened? ALL of us know Alabama fans that are open to discussion, and while we disagree with them, some interesting things can come out of talking with them.

If your answer hadn't been so smartass, I would have conceeded the fact that we don't play on TV much in basketball, and we don't have a lot of fans there. But, what exactly were you trying to prove with your "witty" come-back? Auburn is bad, therefore Alabama is good? We know that's what you think. But, you used to be an Alabama fan, open to discussion. What happened? ALL of us know Alabama fans that are open to discussion, and while we disagree with them, some interesting things can come out of talking with them.

I CONSTANTLY take a beating on this site...and if I have a comeback you blast me for it? Come on.

You telling me if AU averaged 11,000 per game and Bama lost to AUM...and averaged about 1500 fans per night...i wouldnt catch hell about it?

Well, I got that from PFS and he was slamming a "who in the hell cares" Bama Basketball team. Saban came in and put CMG and the basketball team back to their rightful place.

Well, I got that from PFS and he was slamming a "who in the hell cares" Bama Basketball team. Saban came in and put CMG and the basketball team back to their rightful place.

You would see it that way. Regardless of logic.

You would see it that way. Regardless of logic.

It's been 1883 days since bama beat Auburn in the only sport that matters.....football

I CONSTANTLY take a beating on this site.

I said on another thread that you bammers are masochists, you keep coming back for more and it feels sooooooooooo good. :poke:

Um, Florida's enrollment is ~50,000, it is twice as large as Alabama's. If Alabama is averaging 11,000 per game with an enrollment of less than 25,000, I think we can officially classify them as a basketball school; especially considering their performance on the football field lately...

Archived