An update on bammer delusion and ignorance

TitanTiger

A while back, some stupid bammer on another board made the following statement:

Well, Jared Cooper is probably coming here now and possibly Ryan Williams as well. You can also give up on McNeil and Gibson now. I can't even imagine how much we'll dominate you in recruiting once we beat you in Jerdan-Saban Stadium in November. You barners seem to have forgotten that when all things are equal, Bama dominates you. You've been capitalizing on our probation and poor coaching choices, but those issues are in the past. Prepare to be put in your place. Moo Barners Moooooooooo

I would now like the record to show the following:

Jared Cooper

Visited bammer. Heard the pitch. Reaffirmed his commitment to Auburn.

Ryan Williams

Visited bammer. Visited Clemson. Reaffirmed his commitment to Auburn.

Michael McNeil

Visited bammer. Visited FSU. Committed to Auburn.

Now, from what I understand, Brandon Gibson grew up cheering for bammer and has been a bammer lean the whole way. So it wouldn't shock me if they managed to hang on to the kid. But the delusions of domination are just that....delusions.

edited by TitanTiger to correct who the original quote was attributed to.

A while back, our resident punching bag made the following statement:

Well, Jared Cooper is probably coming here now and possibly Ryan Williams as well. You can also give up on McNeil and Gibson now. I can't even imagine how much we'll dominate you in recruiting once we beat you in Jerdan-Saban Stadium in November. You barners seem to have forgotten that when all things are equal, Bama dominates you. You've been capitalizing on our probation and poor coaching choices, but those issues are in the past. Prepare to be put in your place. Moo Barners Moooooooooo

Jared Cooper

Ryan Williams

Michael McNeil

Now, from what I understand, Brandon Gibson grew up cheering for bammer and has been a bammer lean the whole way. So it wouldn't shock me if you managed to hang on to the kid. But your delusions of domination are just that....delusions. Three strikes...you're out, bozo.

I'll just go ahead and respond for Bamafairy, "We didn't want those guys anyway". That will be $20.

Well lets refine that shall we?

Jared Cooper - originally not offered by Alabama. Was commited to AU for months before the new staff got in late.

And McNeil was another one we got in on way late. It's not like all things were equal in either of these scenarios.

I honestly dont think Michael ever considered Alabama.

I'd say having 4 of the top 5 players in the state is a pretty good stroke.

(please don't think this is an attempt to absolve Bamaperry of all his delusional bubbary)

Jared Cooper - originally not offered by Alabama. Was commited to AU for months before the new staff got in late.

And McNeil was another one we got in on way late. It's not like all things were equal in either of these scenarios.

(please don't think this is an attempt to absolve Bamaperry of all his delusional bubbary)

Let me assure you, we wanted those players. I get so tired of our fans saying, "We backed off of recruiting this guy," or "We didn't want him anyway." We just lost to AU in a head-to-head battle. It happens. Auburn is on top right now. We need to get everyone that we can and try to climb the mountain. :)

Jared Cooper

Ryan Williams

Michael McNeil

Now, from what I understand, Brandon Gibson grew up cheering for bammer and has been a bammer lean the whole way. So it wouldn't shock me if you managed to hang on to the kid. But your delusions of domination are just that....delusions. Three strikes...you're out, bozo.

Regarding Cooper. Here's this little gem from BamaPerrier

If we want him, we take him. Another Cox situation.

I know all the mitigating factors. But that wasn't what ButtPlug asserted. Hell, he told us we could just "give up" on McNeil. I just wanted to rub his little puppy nose in the crap he left on the carpet.

If not to absolve, what was your point? Providing excuses?

I know for a fact we wanted McNeil...I'm just saying I don't think he was ever really in the picture.

The last staff didnt want Jared Cooper which put the new staff (that did want him) behind the 8 ball.

Jared Cooper

Ryan Williams

Michael McNeil

Regarding Cooper. Here's this little gem from BamaPerrier

If we want him, we take him. Another Cox situation.

Yeah. That was some beautiful stuff. If I didn't know ButtHair from the bammie board he frequents, I'd swear he was an Aubie having some fun.

Jared Cooper

Ryan Williams

Michael McNeil

That's BOBO!!! :lol:

:au::homer:

further proving his ignorance, we all know the better both the Alabama and Auburn programs are, the bigger the winning percentage in AUBURN's favor...He likes to think that when things are on a level playing field they dominate us...when the reality is, its totally the opposite.

does anyone else remember BP from before the 2002 Iron Bowl? He was a constant poster on the Rivals sites and here (the old WEN), and constantly spouted out garbage about how Coach Fran would be there forever and CTT would never beat fran. I even remember his Sponge Bob Square Pants signature about how CTT wouldn't beat bama until pigs fly . .

However, after the 2002 loss . .he completely vanished, gone from WEN and gone from rivals . .and shockingly, he resurfaces after the CNS hire.

THAT'S Hiding your head in the sand.

As for McNeil - I'm not sure how you can say bama was "not really in the running" for him - or "got in late." He is a conseus Top 5 player in the state of Alabama - and has always had a bama offer. He spent the entire weekend in T-town being recruited by Saban and his wife.

Any way folks want to shake it, this, along with Cooper, make CTT 2-0 in head to heads vs. Saban.

Gibson is going to bama, I have no doubt there. Its too bad, all the AU writers think very highly of him, especially in the character department.

very good . . busy . .I don't work at a desk anymore (drive around a lot) .. so not much time to post . .

but good nonetheless . .

this site is great . .I love seeing how active it is . .

Let me assure you, we wanted those players. I get so tired of our fans saying, "We backed off of recruiting this guy," or "We didn't want him anyway." We just lost to AU in a head-to-head battle. It happens. Auburn is on top right now. We need to get everyone that we can and try to climb the mountain. :)

I really respect you for saying that and being honest about it. :thumbsup:

It's not unique to bama and we all have our share of spinmeisters.

very good . . busy . .I don't work at a desk anymore (drive around a lot) .. so not much time to post . .

but good nonetheless . .

this site is great . .I love seeing how active it is . .

Yeah, we've got a few nutjobs that keep things hopping. You still up in the Northeast? And how's that little one?

yeah, still up north - living in Connecticut . .not much SEC news up here - although my "sports package" via Comcast let me watch the Auburn Football Review every Wednesday at 4:00pm (didn't get that in Houston).

The kiddo is doing really well - he's five months old now and has a great personality. I've told my wife I'm willing to cede my 2nd born to Texas A&M as long as we can commit him to Auburn now.

I took the day off today to get my tax stuff organized - got my first ever meeting with a CPA on Friday (have used TurboTax before) . .should be interesting

now if I could just find my stupid closing documents on my Houston house . .!!

Gibson's brother is the head drum major at the small university in Tuscaloosa...and he's said he wants to be near his brother

Gibson's brother is the head drum major at the small university in Tuscaloosa...and he's said he wants to be near his brother

Stillman, I assume?

How could he have been committed to us for months? we didn't offer him until his visit and that was on the 12th of this month.

I never said those things you attributed to me. McNeil was the only one we wanted, but we had to pull his scholly offer because of Creers committment. Good luck to him, sorry he chose not to be coached by the best DB coach in the business.

Mod edit: It really is ok to reply to a topic in the same topic. No need to start a new topic.

Bearcoon.jpg?t=1170342106

I never said those things you attributed to me. McNeil was the only one we wanted, but we had to pull his scholly offer because of Creers committment. Good luck to him, sorry he chose not to be coached by the best DB coach in the business.

Mod edit: It really is ok to reply to a topic in the same topic. No need to start a new topic.

Bearcoon.jpg?t=1170342106

You are truly delusional.

Archived