Saban overcomes a late start

BAMMERPERRY

My favorite home cooked meal is country fried steak and gravy w/ mashed potatoes.

I like it at Cracker Barrel with Hashbrown Casserole and a side of dumplin's!!!!!!!!!!!

And now we know why they call you Jumbo. <_<:poke:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite home cooked meal is country fried steak and gravy w/ mashed potatoes.

I like it at Cracker Barrel with Hashbrown Casserole and a side of dumplin's!!!!!!!!!!!

If I am not mistaken, a certain owner of this board loves him some Cracker Barrel. The dumb :moon: even went there to eat too soon one time after back surgery and he paid for it dearly.

And now we know why they call you Jumbo. <_<:poke:

that may have something to do with it, im on a diet and now Im down to a slim 295! :roflol::roflol::roflol:

If you like Coonass food, The Cajun Steamer at Patton Creek in Hoover rocks! They have awesome seafood gumbo.

Cajun Steamer is one of my favorite places.

Ever been to Jubilee Joe's? It's off of Hwy 150 on the other side of the interstate, going towards Ross Bridge. We eat there about once a week. Awesome seafood with a cajun flair.

If you like Coonass food, The Cajun Steamer at Patton Creek in Hoover rocks! They have awesome seafood gumbo.

Cajun Steamer is one of my favorite places.

Ever been to Jubilee Joe's? It's off of Hwy 150 on the other side of the interstate, going towards Ross Bridge. We eat there about once a week. Awesome seafood with a cajun flair.

I drive by that place all the time but I've never eaten there. I'll have to try it out.

Definitely worth the stop. They used to have a fresh seafood market, but they just closed that part of it to make for more seating. They just updated their menu, too.

Their seafood gumbo is #1.

Don't know if its been mentioned yet, but Crazy Cajun's in Bham is the best Cajun food in Alabama. It blows the doors off of Cajun Steamer (and Steamer aint bad).

Get the combo with: Dirty Rice, Jambalaya, and Cheddar/Garlic Mashed Taters.

You forgot to mention butter milked biscuits.

Got to put the whole dish together.

Pot roast with carrots and potatoes simmered in the juice

Brown gravy made of the roast drippings

Lima beans or black-eyed peas (depending on taste)

Macaroni and cheese

Buttermilk biscuits

After everything is gone and the last bit of gravy has been sopped up with a biscuit, it's time to open another biscuit on the plate and drizzle it with honey.

Cane syrup, man, cane syrup! ...And you call yourself a southerner?

{But you had me up to that point! ;) }

I'm a big honey fan.

But you could subsitute Golden Eagle Syrup mixed with butter for the honey.

Tell me if you've ever heard of this......peanut butter with Karo syrup on biscuits. My husband's sister's family all eats this. I gagged the first time I saw it. (Still gag a bit, but not as much).

You failed to mention that Auburn was 7th on that list.

Loser

True, but AU has 30 recruits listed. Obviously 5 more than you can sign. That inflates point totals.

And y'll can sign, what, 14?

Guest Tigrinum Major

You failed to mention that Auburn was 7th on that list.

Loser

True, but AU has 30 recruits listed. Obviously 5 more than you can sign. That inflates point totals.

Rivals only uses the Top 22 recruits to rank classes, just so big classes like Auburn's this year won't inflate rankings.

You continue to show your ignorance. Keep coming back. We enjoy laughing at you.

If I am not mistaken, a certain owner of this board loves him some Cracker Barrel. The dumb :moon: even went there to eat too soon one time after back surgery and he paid for it dearly.

cracker barrel breakfast owns me.

Kinda like how our football team owns yours??

Kinda like how our football team owns yours??

hopefully we can change that this season.....time will tell. :)

After everything is gone and the last bit of gravy has been sopped up with a biscuit, it's time to open another biscuit on the plate and drizzle it with honey.

HONEY????

Better, but not quite right...

Still close but no cigar...

It has to be YELLOW LABEL mixed with butter on a homemade biscuit.

HONEY????

Nope. Golden Eagle is the ticket. My dad used to mix up the butter for me, now I do it for my kids. Best thing ever invented. An Alabama original......

Don't know if its been mentioned yet, but Crazy Cajun's in Bham is the best Cajun food in Alabama. It blows the doors off of Cajun Steamer (and Steamer aint bad).

Get the combo with: Dirty Rice, Jambalaya, and Cheddar/Garlic Mashed Taters.

Been there...gonna have to disagree with you. Cajun Steamer is better to me.

All this talk about country fried steak, come on. Everybody knows there's nothing better than a thick, juicy sirloin cooked mid-rare with garlic mashed potatoes and, if you're feeling fancy, lobster. If I were going to death row, you can bet that would be my meal.

Nope. Golden Eagle is the ticket. My dad used to mix up the butter for me, now I do it for my kids. Best thing ever invented. An Alabama original......

So is "Yeller Label"...

Sing along with me, everyone...

"Yeller Label Soppin' Syrup

Pride of Aller-bam!"

HONEY????

I really don't understand people's obsession with Golden Eagle, its just effin syrup.

All this talk about country fried steak, come on. Everybody knows there's nothing better than a thick, juicy sirloin cooked mid-rare with garlic mashed potatoes and, if you're feeling fancy, lobster. If I were going to death row, you can bet that would be my meal.

Jiminey Cricket, man. If your gonna talk steak (I was originally speaking of good country cookin') go with the Filet. Go strong... or don't go at all!

Siroin. Heh! ;)

I don't know why but I've always loved the sirloin more than any other. Although I've yet to find a place that serves Porterhouse. Ribeye is too fatty for me. Filets however are a close second.

I don't know why but I've always loved the sirloin more than any other. Although I've yet to find a place that serves Porterhouse. Ribeye is too fatty for me. Filets however are a close second.

mcguires in pensacola has a great ribeye....their baked potatoes suck majorly though. i'm sure aupcolatiger would vouch for that. although i couldn't believe they were out of prime rib on a saturday. but at least they had plenty of crown royal and irish wakes :):)

Archived