Obama blows it.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8...;show_article=1

I kind of had hopes for this guy in a way. But it looks like he just took a hard left into Sharptonville. The article follows:

HAMPTON, Va. (AP) - Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama said Tuesday that the Bush administration has done nothing to defuse a "quiet riot" among blacks that threatens to erupt just as riots in Los Angeles did 15 years ago.

The first-term Illinois senator said that with black people from New Orleans and the Gulf Coast still displaced 20 months after Hurricane Katrina, frustration and resentments are building explosively as they did before the 1992 riots.

"This administration was colorblind in its incompetence," Obama said at a conference of black clergy, "but the poverty and the hopelessness was there long before the hurricane.

"All the hurricane did was to pull the curtain back for all the world to see," he said.

Obama's attack on Bush got ovation after ovation from the nearly 8,000 people gathered in Hampton University's Convocation Center, particularly when he denounced the Iraq war and noted that he had opposed it from the outset.

Repeatedly, he referred to the riots that erupted in Los Angeles after a jury acquitted four police officers of assault charges in the 1991 beating of Rodney King, a black motorist, after a high speed chase. Fifty-five people died and 2,000 were injured in several days of riots in the city's black neighborhoods.

"Those 'quiet riots' that take place every day are born from the same place as the fires and the destruction and the police decked out in riot gear and the deaths," Obama said. "They happen when a sense of disconnect settles in and hope dissipates. Despair takes hold and young people all across this country look at the way the world is and believe that things are never going to get any better."

He argued that once a hurricane hits or a jury renders a not guilty verdict, "the frustration is there for all to see."

Obama, who is bidding to become the first black president, took the stage after a succession of ministers repeatedly brought the crowd to its feet, singing, praying and swaying to music.

Repeatedly, he referred to the riots that erupted in Los Angeles

Does he somehow think riots over the next two years will help his election chances?

I personally enjoy a lot of those displaced Orleans people still not being here

Though the media will never let it be, crime is down in most parts of the city....with the exception of 3 small areas that flood 90% of the arrests...ie the new ghettos...

Though the media will never let it be, crime is down in most parts of the city....with the exception of 3 small areas that flood 90% of the arrests...ie the new ghettos...

Hmm, I hadn't heard it like that before. As an alternative, what are the crime statistics doing in Baton Rouge, Houston, etc. that took a lot of the displaced population..

Hmm, I hadn't heard it like that before. As an alternative, what are the crime statistics doing in Baton Rouge, Houston, etc. that took a lot of the displaced population..

Well, Houston is now the murder capital of Texas, and #2 in the nation...

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=37711

Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama said Tuesday that the Bush administration has done nothing to defuse a "quiet riot" among blacks that threatens to erupt just as riots in Los Angeles did 15 years ago.
"Those 'quiet riots' that take place every day are born from the same place as the fires and the destruction and the police decked out in riot gear and the deaths,"
Obama, who is bidding to become the first black president, took the stage after a succession of ministers repeatedly brought the crowd to its feet, singing, praying and swaying to music.

To music aye?

Let me guess...

MetalHealthQuietRiot.jpg

I have been waiting to post this until I can get a picture of it but since the subject came up......

There is abillboard in Kennesaw, GA on US 41 that says the following.

"Atlanta took you in when Katrina hit.

Now new Orleans wants you back."

Pictures to follow.....

What exactly do you take issue with?

Not this, is it?

"This administration was colorblind in its incompetence," Obama said, "but the poverty and the hopelessness was there long before the hurricane.

I kind of had hopes for this guy in a way. But it looks like he just took a hard left into Sharptonville. The article follows:

HAMPTON, Va. (AP) - Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama said Tuesday that the Bush administration has done nothing to defuse a "quiet riot" among blacks that threatens to erupt just as riots in Los Angeles did 15 years ago.

The first-term Illinois senator said that with black people from New Orleans and the Gulf Coast still displaced 20 months after Hurricane Katrina, frustration and resentments are building explosively as they did before the 1992 riots.

"This administration was colorblind in its incompetence," Obama said at a conference of black clergy, "but the poverty and the hopelessness was there long before the hurricane.

"All the hurricane did was to pull the curtain back for all the world to see," he said.

Obama's attack on Bush got ovation after ovation from the nearly 8,000 people gathered in Hampton University's Convocation Center, particularly when he denounced the Iraq war and noted that he had opposed it from the outset.

Repeatedly, he referred to the riots that erupted in Los Angeles after a jury acquitted four police officers of assault charges in the 1991 beating of Rodney King, a black motorist, after a high speed chase. Fifty-five people died and 2,000 were injured in several days of riots in the city's black neighborhoods.

"Those 'quiet riots' that take place every day are born from the same place as the fires and the destruction and the police decked out in riot gear and the deaths," Obama said. "They happen when a sense of disconnect settles in and hope dissipates. Despair takes hold and young people all across this country look at the way the world is and believe that things are never going to get any better."

He argued that once a hurricane hits or a jury renders a not guilty verdict, "the frustration is there for all to see."

And what the world saw was the utter dysfunction of the Dem supported Welfare state, spawning a culture of gov't. dependent , under-educated, single mothers producing a society that thrives on violence and taking advantage of the weak and elderly. THAT is what 40 yrs of 'The Great Society' hath wrought, and the worst of it all was smack dab in a Dem run city in a state ran by Dems for decades. While most of us might find it odd that a majority of the citizens in N.O. who were left in Katrina's wake were of the same color as their beloved mayor, even today he is still spared any blame for what happened before or after the storm hit. While 'school bus' Nagin found plenty of ways to get voters to the polls to cast their ballots for him on election day, it some how was Bush's fault that not *ONE of the city's buses were used to evacuate the old or the infirmed to safety.

For Obama to indict Bush on this matter is nothing less than piling more shamelessness upon the shameless acts of Ray Nagin. Great way to keep the races, and the country , divided even more. Bravo. :thumbsdown:

*p.s. - I may have been in error. I think there might have been ONE bus from N.O. to be used in the evacuation. I recall a story of a young teenager who didn't even have a license who 'borrowed' a bus and got his family and friends out of harms way. Hope and pray that kid keeps his life straight, and one day maybe he'll be a mayor that ALL in New Orleans can be proud of.

*p.s. - I may have been in error. I think there might have been ONE bus from N.O. to be used in the evacuation. I recall a story of a young teenager who didn't even have a license who 'borrowed' a bus and got his family and friends out of harms way. Hope and pray that kid keeps his life straight, and one day maybe he'll be a mayor that ALL in New Orleans can be proud of.

There were actually a good number of buses that were able to be used. Why they weren't used is beyond me but the myth that all the buses were "under water" or "were not available for us" due to that picture with the buses under water is totally incorrect. Right across the flipping traintracks of that picture of all the buses being under-water was Algiers Junkyard where a good amount (forget the number to be honest) of buses were above water and workable.

In addition, on Sunday before the storm hit, the Louisiana National Guard asked FEMA for 700 buses and only recieved 100. Some want to know why the buses weren't ordered earlier...fair question...the city was not sure where Katrina was going even up to 2 days before it hit...the Weather Channel still put the storm hitting from Lake Charles to possibly Destin...and New Orleans has been missing Hurricanes since the 60's.....FEMA was NOT going to give us 500+ buses on a "possible" evacuation. It just wasn't....so, why didn't Nagin prep the local buses? Good question...that leads me to this

Nagin is a complete and utter moron who should be brought outside City Hall and hung. I defended him enough in the past and am tired of it while he preaches to the blacks every night about something racial. This black SOB gets up in front of 500+ black people in the 9th Ward the other day and tries and preach to them about how when they get their checks from the Insurance and/or FEMA they should "Buy a mansion...hell, buy two! And when you build your houses...put a hot-tub in it...hell, put several!" and he goes on and on about....just ridiculous things...trying to over-exaggerate of course....nevermind that the entire crowd is yelling along with him like he is talking about god.

Idiots. Hope the crime waves continue in their areas so they can slow go away.

There were actually a good number of buses that were able to be used. Why they weren't used is beyond me but the myth that all the buses were "under water" or "were not available for us" due to that picture with the buses under water is totally incorrect. Right across the flipping traintracks of that picture of all the buses being under-water was Algiers Junkyard where a good amount (forget the number to be honest) of buses were above water and workable.

In addition, on Sunday before the storm hit, the Louisiana National Guard asked FEMA for 700 buses and only recieved 100. Some want to know why the buses weren't ordered earlier...fair question...the city was not sure where Katrina was going even up to 2 days before it hit...the Weather Channel still put the storm hitting from Lake Charles to possibly Destin...and New Orleans has been missing Hurricanes since the 60's.....FEMA was NOT going to give us 500+ buses on a "possible" evacuation. It just wasn't....so, why didn't Nagin prep the local buses? Good question...that leads me to this

Nagin is a complete and utter moron who should be brought outside City Hall and hung. I defended him enough in the past and am tired of it while he preaches to the blacks every night about something racial. This black SOB gets up in front of 500+ black people in the 9th Ward the other day and tries and preach to them about how when they get their checks from the Insurance and/or FEMA they should "Buy a mansion...hell, buy two! And when you build your houses...put a hot-tub in it...hell, put several!" and he goes on and on about....just ridiculous things...trying to over-exaggerate of course....nevermind that the entire crowd is yelling along with him like he is talking about god.

Idiots

Buses CAPABLE of being used and ones which WERE USED are horses of a different color, or what ever. You know what I mean. <_<

Nagin's comments about the checks those in the 9th ward will receive hasn't got any press, even by the 'hate filled ' Right wing radio types. It's near criminal in how frivilous and irresponsible his words are to folks who never had much in the 1st place. The message is clear...... " you suffered all your life, you were screwed over by the U.S. Gov't over Katrina, and now it's time for payback. " Sure, buy a 10,000 sq ft mansion, then go broke when you can't come close to paying for the property taxes. Just great. Hell, it's 'free money', so why not blow it ? Just like all those losers who used the 2K they got from FEMA on liquor, strip clubs, big screen t.v.s, xboxes, etc..... Hell, they're due for the good life after all that they've been through, right ? :angryfire:

Since you've chosen not to respond, all I have to go on is your original post, and based on that, it is clear that you did more to emulate Sharpton's demogoguery and unfair characterizations than Obama did. And I kind of had hopes for you in a way.

What exactly do you take issue with?

Not this, is it?

"This administration was colorblind in its incompetence," Obama said, "but the poverty and the hopelessness was there long before the hurricane.

Archived