Pentagon confirms it sought to build a "Gay Bomb"

TitanTiger

Wow. Just wow.

A Berkeley watchdog organization that tracks military spending said it uncovered a strange U.S. military proposal to create a hormone bomb that could purportedly turn enemy soldiers into homosexuals and make them more interested in sex than fighting.

Pentagon officials on Friday confirmed to CBS 5 that military leaders had considered, and then subsquently rejected, building the so-called "Gay Bomb."...

http://cbs5.com/topstories/local_story_159222541.html

What they should do is develop a bomb that would turn enemy soldiers into democrat peace demonstrators. :rolleyes:

Guest Tigrinum Major

I've got a news flash for you, most soldiers are more interested in sex (of the more traditional variety) than fighting.

Wow. Just wow.

A Berkeley watchdog organization that tracks military spending said it uncovered a strange U.S. military proposal to create a hormone bomb that could purportedly turn enemy soldiers into homosexuals and make them more interested in sex than fighting.

Pentagon officials on Friday confirmed to CBS 5 that military leaders had considered, and then subsquently rejected, building the so-called "Gay Bomb."...

http://cbs5.com/topstories/local_story_159222541.html

In an experiment gone awry, Bill Clinton was elected and tried to use the bomb on the US military.

ermy_yelling.jpg

Weapons of Ass Destruction?

According to one Pentagon insider, "We all thought it was a simply fabulous idea."

I heard it got three snaps and two around the worlds.

According to one Pentagon insider, "We all thought it was a simply fabulous idea."

I'm not even going to pretend to understand that. LOL

However, in tests, subjects were also found to acquire an unusual fixation for the late actress Judy Garland. Also they tended to acquire more smartly tailored uniforms and redecorate the barracks to achieve what was termed "an extra festive touch."

I'm not even going to pretend to understand that. LOL

However, in tests, subjects were also found to acquire an unusual fixation for the late actress Judy Garland. Also they tended to acquire more smartly tailored uniforms and redecorate the barracks to achieve what was termed "an extra festive touch."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zos25sU_OZE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vScxRgkzRsQ...ted&search=

Watch till the end. Then get the snaps and the around the worlds.

Weapons of Ass Destruction?

:roflol::roflol:

Uhh, if some of this drifted over our lines, wouldn't it play havoc with the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy?

Yeah. But look at the Spartans at Thermopylae. Gay soldiers would probably be meaner.

A slightly off-topic historical note:

I haven't seen the movie "300" or know what it makes of the King Leonidas' Spartans, but historically I don't think Spartans weren't particularly infamous for their homosexuality...although in all Greek culture of the time, homosexuallity was tolerated (some might even say encouraged) more than in our culture.

You may be thinking of the Sacred Band of Thebes, a crack military unit from that city consisting exclusively of homosexual couples that Alexander the Great and his father Phillip had to defeat. The theory was that the soldiers would fight more bravely and ferociously if fighting side-by-side with their lovers. And it must have worked, since they were one of the most feared units of their day and the best of the best in the Theban army.

As for Spartans, one of the duties of a Spartan man was to marry and produce sons to fight for the city. However, it is true that Spartan boys were removed from their mother's influence at an early age and raised in exclusively male schools/compounds where they were also "mentored" by older men. So it probably wouldn't be surprizing if many of them didn't necessarily "miss the company of females" while on campaign....

Yeah. But look at the Spartans at Thermopylae. Gay soldiers would probably be meaner.

I haven't seen the movie "300" or know what it makes of the King Leonidas' Spartans, but historically I don't think Spartans weren't particularly infamous for their homosexuality...although in all Greek culture of the time, homosexuallity was tolerated (some might even say encouraged) more than in our culture.

You may be thinking of the Sacred Band of Thebes, a crack military unit from that city consisting exclusively of homosexual couples that Alexander the Great and his father Phillip had to defeat. The theory was that the soldiers would fight more bravely and ferociously if fighting side-by-side with their lovers. And it must have worked, since they were one of the most feared units of their day and the best of the best in the Theban army.

As for Spartans, one of the duties of a Spartan man was to marry and produce sons to fight for the city. However, it is true that Spartan boys were removed from their mother's influence at an early age and raised in exclusively male schools/compounds where they were also "mentored" by older men. So it probably wouldn't be surprizing if many of them didn't necessarily "miss the company of females" while on campaign....

Yep. But a lot of the Greek writers of the time, most notably Aristophanes and Xenophone singled out Spartans. So I'm guessing they were particularly flagrant about it. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Yep. But a lot of the Greek writers of the time, most notably Aristophanes and Xenophone singled out Spartans. So I'm guessing they were particularly flagrant about it. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Understood.

Of course, there's also the possibility that, since the Spartans has so much "trudishun" of being tough and perhaps were obnoxiously conceited because of it, Aristophanes & Co. felt it appropriate to question their masculinity. ...Much as we do for certain Bama fans these days! :big:

Archived