2 past players to help out this years team

ProgRock

All right I pray our Auburn tigers are ready to rumble in every catagory and are injury free all year,but if you could pick a player from the past on offense and defense to help this years team....OH no Bo Jackson that's too easy....who would you pick?

I would say we need a speed demon on the WR corps that is proven to be a big threat so I will pull Alex Wright back and stick him on the offense.That would definitely make those Safety's think twice about approaching the line for run support.

On defense I think our line will be fine but the linebackers worry me as do the DB's a little but not as much as our LB depth.I would put Karlos Dansby back,I though of many including Takeo but Karlos was a little more heads up maybe not as physical but more apt to make an interception.

So Alex Wright

and Karlos Dansby would be my picks to help the team.

:au: Hum, on offense I would bring back Lawyer Tillman......deep threat and huge! On defense, I think our DL, and LB's will be strong.....so I would bring back Brian Robinson in the secondary. These guys always made big plays when they were needed the most. :au:

DT Tracy Rocker. I think we need more quality dept at tackle or NT.

Center Ben Tamburillo (I know I murdered the spelling!). Center has been the glarring weakness of CTT's football teams. Ryan Pugh is our biggest chance for success since CTT has been here.

Come on guys...inexperience at the O-line!

Marcus McNeil

Defense?

Carlos Rogers

I was going to say John Vaughn and Kodi Bliss, but then I thought, if I can have ANY players then it may as well be Al Del Greco and Terry Daniels.

Man I totally forgot about the kickers.Punter would be Bliss,Daniels got a wee bit sloppy his Sr. year.

Kicker would be hmmmm either Al Del Greco or Scott Etheridge.

And if I did bring back someone on the O line it would be Willie Anderson.Maybe we should do this by each position?

Especially after hearing the recent reports from practice, I'd love to have Carnell back returning punts.

(Obviously I wouldn't complain if he were getting some snaps in the backfield too, but I'm pretty freakin excited about our current personnel there)

Give me Brian Robinson at safety on defense. Dude was an interception machine.

On offense, I'd take Marcus McNeill. Nothing like a rock solid tackle protecting your QBs blind side to increase offensive production.

Speaking of Brian Robinson,what about the other intercept freaks on that team. I remeber Ken Alvis and Chris Shelling did their part as well.Am I correct on this? Just thinking of that LSU game with all the INTS,Brian returned two of those INTS right?Who did the other two?Alvis?

great question.

i believe on offense i would have to go frank sanders this year.

defensively either takeo or james willis but i think i take takeo since we have james on the sidelines.

I would probably have to go with Frank Sanders at WR... Although I believe that could be a strong point of our team by the end of the year...

And Takeo Spikes... Just imagine him and Blackmon, and Groves on the field at the same time.

offensively, i'd have to say our biggest needs are at tackle, deep speed at wideout, and it wouldn't hurt to have a proven tailback.

defensively, i'd look for a shut down corner, an outside backer, or a stud tackle because you can never have enough.

given that, i'd go with either big marcus or lawyer tillman on offense and be happy. marcus could do just fine switching to the right side so i wouldn't worry about that, and you could keep brandon upright all year with he and king on the corners. tillman is a deep threat and a big play guy to compliment rod smith perfectly.

other side of the ball i'd go with either spikes, dansby, or rogers. blackmon, dansby, and johnson feels a lot like thomas, dansby, and williams in 2003 (great group). i think he'd compliment tray better than spikes would needed a more steady ricky neal to let him roam. BUT i'd take carlos and forget about one side of the field, free up my safeties to play the run, and be happy.

so my guys are rogers and either mcneil or tillman... can't decide.

I loved Lawyer and Ace, but I would have to take a pre "I need a year off" Freddy Weygand. I played with all three and I tell you, I have never seen as smooth a runner as Freddy. And he could catch anything. Frank would have to be right there with him.

Brian Robinson did not just intercept during the LSU game. He led the SEC that year. Although from a pure interception and always being in the right place at the right time, I would have to take Chip Powell. Takeo was a monster. But I loved Quentin. May not have made a good pro, but he was a helluva college LB.

Archived