Josh Moon's latest

AU alum

I dont see the whole, "Bama is going to cry over this" statement.

Good points

1. New coach, new team, not everything is going to click.

2. Shula sucked

3. Recruiting has improved

4. We have more fight

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bama fans...

Who are you trying to convince? Who's mind are you going to change?

Basically, I look at you endlessly defending your team in here as a dime store monkey clappin' those symbols over and over and over, with no real end. No real tune. No real point. Just a smile, and endless, worthless banging of the pots and pans.

Keeeeeep clappin' though... Keeeeeep Clappin'.......

:rolleyes:

You said that with such a straight face; knowing they are only ranked that high because they beat Auburn at Auburn...

Honestly, I'm not trying to be a dick. I'm just saying, considering how AU played their first 3 games, beating AU wasn't something worthy of a Top 25 ranking. And even AU fans would have told you that AU was playing quite poorly in the first 3 weeks (as evidenced by a loss to MSU). USF didn't even play a good game when they beat AU.

To compare USF's ranking to Alabama's is a joke. Bama has played far superior opposition. And has beaten better teams. And played better in their loss against UGA than USF did in their win against AU.

Western Carolina, Vandy, and a gift from Nutt...you're funny... :roflol:

WCU vs NMSU = push

Vandy > MSU

Arky > K State

UGA > USF

WCU is 1-3 along with being a DIV 1AA team, NMSU is 2-2 and is a 1A team

Vandy is 2-1, MSU is 3-1

Arky is 1-2, Kansas State is 2-1

UGA is 3-1, USF is 3-0.

So...all four of the teams we played have better records then your four teams yet somehow not a single one is any better than even one of the ones you played?

To go along with this, Auburn would be undefeated right now, if not for the part of us shooting our own selves in the foot, and I do believe that on Auburn's best day Alabama would not have much of a chance to beat us, which by the end of the season, I fully expect us to be playing even better than we played against NMSU.

Vandy is 2-1, MSU is 3-1

UGA is 3-1, USF is 3-0.

So...all four of the teams we played have better records then your four teams yet somehow not a single one is any better than even one of the ones you played?

To go along with this, Auburn would be undefeated right now, if not for the part of us shooting our own selves in the foot, and I do believe that on Auburn's best day Alabama would not have much of a chance to beat us, which by the end of the season, I fully expect us to be playing even better than we played against NMSU.

Ok, sure...the only thing that matters is the record.

Alabama > Auburn

8-0 beats 3-1. Again, its nothing Shula hasn't done.

Half of Alabama's offense is JPW chucking the ball into the general vicinity of DJ Hall. Are you saying Shula couldn't have done that?

I thought I was the only one who noticed that since it is never mentioned. I am amazed at how many times they run that "play". Peter Parker just lobs it down the field up for graps and Hall comes back for the ball. Is it drawn up that way in the play book?

Didn't run that play against UGA. Ran it over and over against Arky because their DBs are pitiful.

If anyone asks Saban or Major why they didnt...let me know

That was the single reason I, and many UGA fans, thought Bama would beat us.

Our Corners can get burnt a LOT on deep passes

If JPW had hit some long passes, Bama scores a good bit early

At the risk of everyone here bashing me......

I think it is ridiculus to argue about something that no body can prove - whether Bama or Auburn is a better team this year or who has played a tougher schedule so far is totally useless -

Auburn and Alabama both have about the same talent level on the roster(whether fans of either team will admit it or not), but AU can definately argue they have a VERY slight edge in the simple fact they have been ranked a couple of spots higher than Bama 3 out of the last 4 years. Both teams seem to have a lack of upperclassman starting and leading each team, so neither program has done a "great" job of developing ALL of its players.

Both teams are playing well defensively, both teams seem to missing something offensively, both teams are struggling on third downs, and both teams seem to have a depth issue - the biggest difference between the two is in turnovers - AU turning the ball over 13 times in 4 games is the reason why AU is not undefeated right now.

Right now there is only 1 win difference between the two teams records. I honestly think that will still be the case when the two teams meet at the end of the season (note i didn't say who would have the better record!)

Now, can we get back to talking about AU and Florida and leave the Bama vs AU smack talk until the end of the season?? There is WAY too much good football for both teams before the Iron Bowl to worry about!

Oh, and for the record, I didn't see anything to "scream" about in Josh's article and agree with it 100%....

If anyone asks Saban or Major why they didnt...let me know

That was the single reason I, and many UGA fans, thought Bama would beat us.

Our Corners can get burnt a LOT on deep passes

If JPW had hit some long passes, Bama scores a good bit early

Actually, I think the play was called a lot - camera angles didn't show it, but JPW couldn't find anybody to throw to on numerous plays - I think your DB's stepped up against a pretty good recieving corps - I also think your DC outcoached CMA most of the night. I suspect Georgia is going to have a better year than you think - since they don't play LSU like FL, SC, and Kentucky they are as much in the east race as anybody! Georgia could easily be 6-1 going into the Florida game. Good luck on the rest of the season (except the AU game!)

I think it is ridiculus to argue about something that no body can prove - whether Bama or Auburn is a better team this year or who has played a tougher schedule so far is totally useless -

Have you not been a Bama fan long? This what we do in our spare time. :poke:

Vandy is 2-1, MSU is 3-1

UGA is 3-1, USF is 3-0.

Alabama > Auburn

you're right, 5-0.

Vandy is 2-1, MSU is 3-1

UGA is 3-1, USF is 3-0.

Alabama > Auburn

you're right, 5-0.

Ohhhhh solid argument. Auburn's better THIS year because you've beaten us in the past. Nice call.

Vandy is 2-1, MSU is 3-1

UGA is 3-1, USF is 3-0.

Alabama > Auburn

you're right, 5-0.

Ohhhhh solid argument. Auburn's better THIS year because you've beaten us in the past. Nice call.

I forget that only the distant past matters to Bama fans, all I'm saying is without us shooting our ownselves in the foot we would be 4-0 right now, of course we shouldn't really live on ifs and buts because that would make us look too much like moral victory Bama fans who moan what ifs everytime they get beat and blame it on probation, so i'll just leave it at this, your team has the better record so far this season, does that automatically make it the better team? I think not.

why would that article make us scream? it says a few things that most of us already knew

-we're young

-we don't have much depth

-the attitude is much better

-we're able to hang with the big boys instead of getting stomped by halftime

-we're not world beaters, but we're not horrible

RWS, in my world, the idea that anonther mnc isnt coming this year with Coach SabanChrist has set off phones in suicide prevention centers.

:uga: has a suspect qb, a fr heavy OL, not a ALL SEC WR on the team, and a so so D, not a rb I could name. Yeah, and they sound a lot like :au:

:rolleyes:

Ohhhhh solid argument. Auburn Alabama's better THIS year because you we've beaten us almost everybody in the past.

FTFY...

Cause isnt that what you bama guys have said for 25 years?????

Sometimes this stuff just writes itself.

Two shows nightly....try the beef.

RWS, in my world, the idea that anonther mnc isnt coming this year with Coach SabanChrist has set off phones in suicide prevention centers.

has a suspect qb, a fr heavy OL, not a ALL SEC WR on the team, and a so so D, not a rb I could name. Yeah, and they sound a lot like

Georgia has a suspect QB? How'd he do against Auburn last year?

A so so D? Really? They gave up the same 16 points to South Carolina that LSU did.

UGA has plenty of RBs. If you haven't heard of Moreno, it's not for his lack of ability or success on the field.

[uGA has plenty of RBs. If you haven't heard of Moreno, it's not for his lack of ability or success on the field.

If they can keep Moreno from being so hyper, he will be one of the best backs to come out of Athens IMO.

[uGA has plenty of RBs. If you haven't heard of Moreno, it's not for his lack of ability or success on the field.

If they can keep Moreno from being so hyper, he will be one of the best backs to come out of Athens IMO.

Yeah both during and after plays. I swear he expends half his energy on celebrations.

sally jesse is being raked over the coals on state airwaves by the toothless nation.

What a sad state of affairs remains in west vance.

p.s. If uat can EVER stop comparing themselves to AU...they may stand a chance at improvement. That will not happen any time soon.

sally jesse is being raked over the coals on state airwaves by the toothless nation.

What a sad state of affairs remains in west vance.

p.s. If uat can EVER stop comparing themselves to AU...they may stand a chance at improvement. That will not happen any time soon.

HUH?

Comparing ourselves to Auburn. You only wish. There is nothing on that side of the state that I envy.

Vandy is 2-1, MSU is 3-1

UGA is 3-1, USF is 3-0.

Alabama > Auburn

you're right, 5-0.

How can you judge BG, WHO's better THIS year? Have we played yet? As far as I'm concerned, if we had only beat you once, and it was this last season, I'd still hold the opinion, that until you beat us, we're the better team. Plus of course, this being an Auburn board, I suppose I'm entitled to say that. I could just go with the good ol' fashion Bama SU*KS! argument, but what good would that do?

So, how bout knocking off the whole, I'm going to argue and dispute every Auburn person on an Auburn board crap until they submit that Bama's better cause I say so? It's not going to happen. Save yourself the trouble...

JMO....

How can you judge BG, WHO's better THIS year? Have we played yet? As far as I'm concerned, if we had only beat you once, and it was this last season, I'd still hold the opinion, that until you beat us, we're the better team. Plus of course, this being an Auburn board, I suppose I'm entitled to say that. I could just go with the good ol' fashion Bama SU*KS! argument, but what good would that do?

So, how bout knocking off the whole, I'm going to argue and dispute every Auburn person on an Auburn board crap until they submit that Bama's better cause I say so? It's not going to happen. Save yourself the trouble...

JMO....

Based on my OPINION...which, by the way, I'm allowed to have...I'd say that Alabama is playing better football than is AU. At least through the first 4 games.

JMO....

Based on my OPINION...which, by the way, I'm allowed to have...I'd say that Alabama is playing better football than is AU. At least through the first 4 games.

I'll say it again...uat may have a chance at moving forward if they can ever stop comparing every thing they do to AU.

Yes you are BG. Can anyone else voice THEIR opinion without some smug arrogant response on why their wrong and why YOU'RE always right? Cause see, it usually doesn't happen that way. You go round and round untill finally the others just don't care anymore, and you take away some sort of attitude like you just outsmarted everyone else. It's no secret that's how you handle yourself for the most part in the rivals forum. You just can't handle that Auburn folks have a rivalry with Alabama and that they trash the Tide when they feel like it.

I've seen Alabama lose this past weekend and almost lose a game they should have closed out in the first half of the other. I don't share your assessment quite yet. Ultimately, when it comes to Alabama comparing themselves to us, there's only one stat that matters, and that's who's been beating who. We've got that in our favor 5 times over in recent history. You don't have it yet this year, and until Saban walks across Pat Dye Field as a victor, you still won't have it. Period.

So, is there really any other opinion you can offer here BG? Or are you just going to wait till the next Auburn fan comes in and states their opinion before you jump on them and challenge them on it unnecessarily?

I think we ALL know how you'll handle yourself. :rolleyes:

Yes you are BG. Can anyone else voice THEIR opinion without some smug arrogant response on why their wrong and why YOU'RE always right?

It's called a discussion forum. Not a "bring your kneepads for Auburn" forum.

If you can't handle some dissent without getting your panties in a wad, maybe you should go over to ITAT where outside opinions aren't allowed.

Archived