Has bama Finally Got An OC?

Proud Tiger

"Jim is a phenomenal coach and we are thrilled to have him on board," said Alabama head coach Nick Saban. "He did an outstanding job last year at Fresno State. Their improvement on offense, especially in the play of their quarterback, was tremendous."

Old Saint Nick never misses a chance to take a shot at one of his players, does he? :no::no::no:

How is that a shot? The dude from Fresno went from 15-13 to 15-3 or 5, I forget, in td to int's. That aint too shabby in my opinion.

Your right, it had nothing to do with Fresno being in a rebuilding year. <_<

Has anyone seen a picture of this genius? He looks like the offspring of Jimmy Carter and the banjo player from Deliverance.

Gump

Tony "Guru" Franklin isn't exactly Fabio, either...... :poke: What, now its, "My coach is better lookin"? Funny coming from somebody with "Ears" as their head coach. Also, if "he is funny looking" is the best argument you can come up with, I'm pretty satisfied with the hire.....

tubb1.jpgTOMMY-TUBERVILLE05.jpg

Just from reading your posts over the past few days, I've came to the conclusion that you have a man crush on Tony "Guru" Franklin. If not, you sure like to type his name at every chance you get. :moon:

No, just think it is hilarious how some guy from Troy and Kentucky is Bear Bryant, but someone we hire is an idiot. Consider the audience, I guess......

Bear Bryant? You must be joking! We don't worship him like you guys do. I do think it is telling that we got our first choice and you guys settled (again). That being said I've already stated that I thought he might be a good hire. You guys sure are defensive about him though.

No no no no no. A 5th or 6th choice hire is ALWAYS better than getting your first choice. That way you have more time to think about it and make sure that you are hiring the RIGHT man for the job rather than rushing into something by getting the guy that you wanted all along.

:roflol:

Anybody want to help me copy and paste all the posts about Colonel Applewhite from last year....and we can just switch the names to save the bammers re-typing all that nonsense?

This is a blurb from the College Beat section of the 2/1/08 Birmingham News. There is no link, so if you want proof go spend $.50 on a copy.

Saban said new offensive coordinator Jim McElwain will run the offense and call the plays, though he'll do so from the 2007 playbook. He added that McElwain, formerly of Fresno State, was one of four or five coaches interviewed but the only one he offered. He did not name the other candidates.

"I was very pleased and happy that we were able to get him to take the job," Saban said.

Looks like it will be more of the same on offense.

No no no no no. A 5th or 6th choice hire is ALWAYS better than getting your first choice. That way you have more time to think about it and make sure that you are hiring the RIGHT man for the job rather than rushing into something by getting the guy that you wanted all along.

:roflol:

Anybody want to help me copy and paste all the posts about Colonel Applewhite from last year....and we can just switch the names to save the bammers re-typing all that nonsense?

Are you kidding? I don't have a spare month to dig for all of those.

Archived