Super Bowl Ads

RunInRed

Anyone else getting political ads in their local markets? I have seen 2 Obama ads in Birmingham, AL so far - one pregame and one between the first and second quarter. No other candidates have appeared so far.

I'm pretty sure these are local and not national ads - anyone else seeing these ads in other geographic areas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-e2kgWCR7w

I'm guessin' you see Obama ads in your sleep.

:roflol:

Naw, nuttin here in the ATL. Bu then, I've got a 102 fever, so I'm not all that lucid.

I didn't see any political ads that I remember. And given the indigestion any Hillary ad causes, I'd remember one of hers.

Are you saying Tums would be wise to place their ads after hers? B)

WASHINGTON (AP) — Pigskin and politics. It's an audience Barack Obama couldn't ignore.

Obama, neck and neck with Hillary Rodham Clinton heading into Tuesday's nominating contests, aired ads during the Super Bowl in television markets serving 24 states that are in play on Super Tuesday and beyond.

The 30-second ad is a summary of Obama's political message, played against images of crowds of supporters, despair in Iraq and Hurricane Katrina's destruction.

"We want an end to this war and we want diplomacy and peace,' Obama says in a voice over from a speech in Austin, Texas. "Not only can we save the environment, we can create jobs and opportunity. We're tired of fear; we're tired of division. We want something new. We want to turn the page. The world as it is is not the world as it has to be."

With the Super Bowl being played two days before Super Tuesday, speculation had been growing about which campaign, if any, would take the plunge and make a pitch to such a huge television audience. More than 90 million viewers were expected to watch the New England Patriots take on the New York Giants.

No campaign bought a national ad with Fox Sports, which is televising the game. Doing so would have put a political ad in direct competition with slick Madison Avenue productions. Obama aides said the regionalized purchase

Archived