Chris Wallace takes Fox and Friends to task

RunInRed

I think most of us were just shocked by the 20 year connection with The Trinity United Church of Hate. Look Wright isnt a "typical" B) pastor in any stretch of the word. While the US was embracing Obama and may still elect him President, he was very adeptly removing Wright from political view. We all see that now. Since all this has broken with Wright, where the hell is this racist hatemonger? If this was anyone else in America they would be all over the cable all weekend doing the talk show circuit. We havent heard bumpkis from Wright. Is Obama's getting another free pass from the press? Is the Obama campaign trying to hide this man from the US? We need to know more about Wright and his thinking to get a better idea of what is or was going on. What does Wright think about getting thrown under the bus? The whole nation deserves to know.

Having watched this become video wallpaper for the last solid week, do you honestly think Obama is getting any kind of "free pass" at this point on this issue?

And a 15 minute segment interviewing Wright COULD have shut this stuff down. I am afraid that Obamas Campaign thinks the exact opposite is true and that is why we may not ever see Wright speak in public till after November.

I think the point for them is that they want to make this about Obama, not Wright. Drive home what Barack Obama believes instead of grilling a minister who's not running for office. Frankly, I'd do the same thing if I were running for office and someone dug up one of the crackpots in my circle of family or friends.

He's been on Meet The Press with Tim Russert twice. If you think Russert asks "safe" questions, I submit the only thing that would make you happy would be questions done at gunpoint.

And he will not go on Fox because?

He's been on Meet The Press with Tim Russert twice. If you think Russert asks "safe" questions, I submit the only thing that would make you happy would be questions done at gunpoint.

And he will not go on Fox because?

Probably because despite their claims to the contrary, he doesn't view them as "fair and balanced." Frankly, I don't either. I think they deliberately cater to the conservative crowd. I'm not disputing that they probably provide a counterweight to the liberalness of CNN, but if I wasn't a conservative...given Fox's track record...I wouldn't feel they'd give me a fair shake.

Russert plays it down the middle as good or better than anyone in my opinion. He's tough on everyone no matter what party they belong to. Thus, I hardly think not going on Fox is indicative of Obama not being willing to take some tough questions.

Two observations:

1. A major commentator from CNN or CNBC would never take one of its shows to task for too much Bush bashing.

2. Chris Wallace has been trying to get Obama to come on his show for an interview. As you recall, Obama refuses to appear on the nation's leading cable news network prefering to stay in the safe and friendly confines of CNN or CNBC.

More lies. Last week he went on Fox, CNN and MSNBC. The Fox guy-- Major Garrett-- treated it more like a cross-examination than an interview, but he went on the network. Since then, Hannity-- the real hate monger in this conversation-- has focused on little else. .

I can see both sides points on the issue but I don't see where it is any different than CNN or MSNBC sunshine pumping for their liberal viewers. I am glad that a major network want let this die. People need to wake up and realize what Obama is all about. It is obvious Obama was just trying to deflect the attention. But I guess that is what all politicians do. Deflect the truth. Both sides are guilty of this. I believe Obama has done himself in on this. He may have lost a lot of the white votes he was getting.

But that's the thing. No one that even pretends to be objective really thinks this is what Obama is "all about." God knows I've got my issues with his utter inflexible ways of thinking on abortion, but he's not all about being a black racist.

I think most of us were just shocked by the 20 year connection with The Trinity United Church of Hate. Look Wright isnt a "typical" B) pastor in any stretch of the word. While the US was embracing Obama and may still elect him President, he was very adeptly removing Wright from political view. We all see that now. Since all this has broken with Wright, where the hell is this racist hatemonger? If this was anyone else in America they would be all over the cable all weekend doing the talk show circuit. We havent heard bumpkis from Wright. Is Obama's getting another free pass from the press? Is the Obama campaign trying to hide this man from the US? We need to know more about Wright and his thinking to get a better idea of what is or was going on. What does Wright think about getting thrown under the bus? The whole nation deserves to know.

You know as well as I do that you never question what a black man says because if you do that makes you a racist. :no: People amaze at how scared they are of questioning an African American. DKW you and I have seen at our jobs just how scared the corporate world is when it comes to disciplining a black person. Why? The good ol ACLU and pending lawsuits.

I can see both sides points on the issue but I don't see where it is any different than CNN or MSNBC sunshine pumping for their liberal viewers. I am glad that a major network want let this die. People need to wake up and realize what Obama is all about. It is obvious Obama was just trying to deflect the attention. But I guess that is what all politicians do. Deflect the truth. Both sides are guilty of this. I believe Obama has done himself in on this. He may have lost a lot of the white votes he was getting.

So in your opinion...what is obama exactly all about. And to be fair and balanced...what in your opinion is mccain all about?

Better yet...what are you all about?

Obama is all about trying to fool any and everybody he can just for political gain. Have you had your head in the sand over the last two weeks? First the guy takes scripture out of the bible that in no way whatsoever has anything to do with homosexuality in order to mislead Americans. Now we find out something which I have been trying to tell everyone since last August that he attends and is a longstanding member of a Black Racist Church.

MCcain is nothing more than a closet liberal. The way I look at it is we will be left with two liberal candidates to vote for. MCcain and either Obama or Hillary. Not much to chose from.

As for me I am all about my Father's business. Next.

So tough questions to a liberal are unfair?

No, because as I've said twice now, Tim Russert asks tough questions. And he's faced him at least twice on Meet The Press, not to mention the debates where Russert was moderator. But what Obama probably feels is that Fox doesn't just ask "tough" questions, they ask unfair and slanted questions.

The bottom line is, he's been asked tough questions on multiple occasions, so going on Fox is not the gold standard mark of being willing to tackle tough questions.

No, because as I've said twice now, Tim Russert asks tough questions. And he's faced him at least twice on Meet The Press, not to mention the debates where Russert was moderator. But what Obama probably feels is that Fox doesn't just ask "tough" questions, they ask unfair and slanted questions.

The bottom line is, he's been asked tough questions on multiple occasions, so going on Fox is not the gold standard mark of being willing to tackle tough questions.

In comparison to the rest of that crowd, you may think Russert asks tough questions, I don't.

Two observations:

1. A major commentator from CNN or CNBC would never take one of its shows to task for too much Bush bashing.

2. Chris Wallace has been trying to get Obama to come on his show for an interview. As you recall, Obama refuses to appear on the nation's leading cable news network prefering to stay in the safe and friendly confines of CNN or CNBC.

More lies. Last week he went on Fox, CNN and MSNBC. The Fox guy-- Major Garrett-- treated it more like a cross-examination than an interview, but he went on the network. Since then, Hannity-- the real hate monger in this conversation-- has focused on little else. .

AF Tiger you are wrong...Obama has been on Fox News several times. As was just pointed out with Major Garrett:

He has also been on Fox and Friends:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofAP2xRUAsY

More:

FWIW - I think it's hilarious watching O'Reilly and Wallace try so desperately to get Obama on their shows.

In comparison to the rest of that crowd, you may think Russert asks tough questions, I don't.

Then your bias is to the point of being blinding. Russert does more research and asks more penetrating questions and follow up questions than any credible journalist in the business. And he grilled them in the debates.

But the bottom line is, being on Fox proves nothing.

But then again, he has been on Fox as others have pointed out, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

They'll debate on Fox in the general election ramp up. The Republicans will insist on it.

Damn, you'd think Fox News had Jesus Christ Himself asking the questions out of His omniscient knowledge of their hearts.

They'll debate on Fox in the general election ramp up. The Republicans will insist on it.

Damn, you'd think Fox News had Jesus Christ Himself asking the questions out of His omniscient knowledge of their hearts.

Now that I would like to see!

Now that I would like to see!

I'd pay to watch.

arnold, I have no idea about those "whack" preachers supporting McCain. They may be whack jobs, but as Titan said, have any of them said the things that Wright has said? I doubt it, otherwise the comments from Wright would have been ok by most in the black community as necessary and just retaliation.

As to what bojack said: there are almost monthly examples of craziness with lawsuits. A guy everyone on this board knows, a notorious bama fan, lost his job over making a gay joke in the parking lot. He got a sexual harassment charge from a couple of gay contractors and they fired him before quick. It does happen.

Titan, as for MY point, I want to see Wright on these shows explaining his ideology and his church's statement to everyone and anyone. I think the way they are handling this is nothing short of cowardly. Wright has wanted his moment in the national spotlight for years. Why wont he accept it now?

The only answer to that question is that whoever doesnt want him to be known to the American people at this time.

They ignited a conversation in this country...one that is long over due

That's like saying Bush's invasion of Iraq was good because it stirred debate on whether we should invade other countries on the basis of bad intelligence.

They ignited a conversation in this country...one that is long over due

That's like saying Bush's invasion of Iraq was good because it stirred debate on whether we should invade other countries on the basis of bad intelligence.

I must admit..that was funny

Archived