Stabler's Case is Being Buried

rebdawg

WPMI in Mobile reported tonight that the latest judge assigned to handle Stalber's most recent DWI has recused himself because he considers being an Alabama grad a conflict of interest. He is the second judge plus there have also been two prosecutors and all have done the same thing for the same reason.

Jessica Sykes of Robertsdale says, "They're just trying not to make him mad because he's famous I guess, which is stupid."

If you go to a courtroom in Nashville it is likely the judge and lawyers for both sides all went to Vanderbilt - it isn't a conflict of interest. At least not to those with ethics.

"Everybody here looks up to Kenny," Eddie Vick an Alabama fan says, "he's more of a role model to us."

Stabler's ability to drink and drive makes him a role model? This Vick guy has got to make the Crimson Nation proud.

WPMI in Mobile reported tonight that the latest judge assigned to handle Stalber's most recent DWI has recused himself because he considers being an Alabama grad a conflict of interest. He is the second judge plus there have also been two prosecutors and all have done the same thing for the same reason.

Jessica Sykes of Robertsdale says, "They're just trying not to make him mad because he's famous I guess, which is stupid."

If you go to a courtroom in Nashville it is likely the judge and lawyers for both sides all went to Vanderbilt - it isn't a conflict of interest. At least not to those with ethics.

"Everybody here looks up to Kenny," Eddie Vick an Alabama fan says, "he's more of a role model to us."

Stabler's ability to drink and drive makes him a role model? This Vick guy has got to make the Crimson Nation proud.

incorrect on multiple counts. nowhere in that article does it say Buddy recused himself because he is a UA alumni. it simply states that many local lawyers view Stabler as a fellow alumni, it does not state anywhere specifically about why Buddy recused himself. Buddy and his son Byron are huge AU fans, and you know it as soon as you walk into either one of their offices. the original prosecutor recused himself because he has represented Stabler before. there has not been a second prosecutor to recuse himself, only one judge (Brackin, who is the municipal court judge for Rdale and Elberta) and one prosecutor (Raines). whats the problem?

http://www.wkrg.com/crime/article/stabler_...stponed1/16854/

incorrect on multiple counts. nowhere in that article does it say Buddy recused himself because he is a UA alumni. it simply states that many local lawyers view Stabler as a fellow alumni, it does not state anywhere specifically about why Buddy recused himself. Buddy and his son Byron are huge AU fans, and you know it as soon as you walk into either one of their offices. the original prosecutor recused himself because he has represented Stabler before. there has not been a second prosecutor to recuse himself, only one judge (Brackin) and one prosecutor (Raines). whats the problem?

That is not the full report from the news broadcast as I am sure you know. My guess is they edited that out of this condensed version after getting lots of calls from the REC. I also noticed that a screen capture from the report was there but the link had been removed to the video of the report.

incorrect on multiple counts. nowhere in that article does it say Buddy recused himself because he is a UA alumni. it simply states that many local lawyers view Stabler as a fellow alumni, it does not state anywhere specifically about why Buddy recused himself. Buddy and his son Byron are huge AU fans, and you know it as soon as you walk into either one of their offices. the original prosecutor recused himself because he has represented Stabler before. there has not been a second prosecutor to recuse himself, only one judge (Brackin) and one prosecutor (Raines). whats the problem?

That is not the full report from the news broadcast. My guess is they edited that out of this condensed version after getting lots of calls from the REC.

you just go ahead and keep ignoring the fact that the "facts" cited in that article are incorrect. two judges and two prosecutors have not recused themselves from the case. i really think it should have been worded that they are on their second judge and second prosecutor. like i said, Brackin is the regular municipal court judge so that tells you right there that he isn't the second judge to recuse himself. and i like how since you cannot explain the inaccuracy of the report you just poo-poo it away to a standard AU line of blaming the REC......

Why are they even going to all the trouble? Is there any question as to what happened? He is a drunk, has always been a drunk and he was driving.... again. Throw his worthless a$$ in jail and save us tax payers some money.

coke stabler WAS the uater's "role model"...Now, litle nicky forces all worship to be directed towards him.

I'd be all for them appointing AUEsquire to hang the bastard, er, hear the case, I mean. AUE, are you up for it? You don't have any reason you could not give him the maximum sentence after he is found guilty as hell, do you? :thumbsup:

How can there be a conflict of interest, this is a pretty cut and dry case. Not like there isn't a pattern of Stabler doing this in the past.

This is Alabama "good ole boy" politics at it's best (and I don't mean the University of Alabama). There are lots of "influential" people in this state, and cases like this will most definately get swept under the rug over time. I guarantee you Stabler doesn't see one day of jail time for this 3RD DUI, hell, I bet he doesn't even get found guilty of reckless driving!

Good to know that judges in this state cannot overcome personal biases to enforce the laws. Sounds about right this day and age.

Most of my Bama friends here in Knoxville say that Stabler is really a good Christian man who has been miscast be the media and set up by local law enforcement in Alabama. He does a lot for charity and is looked up to by a large part of Bama Nation.

Most of my Bama friends here in Knoxville say that Stabler is really a good Christian man who has been miscast be the media and set up by local law enforcement in Alabama. He does a lot for charity and is looked up to by a large part of Bama Nation.

Are you trying to stir us up?

Look, I don't question where Stabler's heart is. All I know is that he has made numerous mistakes in this area. To say that he is "miscast by the media" is laughable. The media have no reason to try to slander him. To say that he is "set up by local law enforcement" should be offensive to local law enforcement. Do you think the guy who caught "the Snake" gets patted on the back when he's in Wal-Mart?

Your Bama friends have simply received the latest talking points. I'm amazed at how they can be so dismissive of truth.

RWS,

I usually give you more credit than most Bammers but if you are going to focus on symantics like whether the print article says the same thing as what was broadcast rather than this quote, "Everybody here looks up to Kenny," Eddie Vick an Alabama fan says, "he's more of a role model to us," then the problems that permeate the UA problem you are a lost cause.

BTW, I am a member of the media in Mobile and I know first hand how much influence the REC has over what is and is not reported about Alabama in the Mobile market. It would shock you, not that it is just the REC, most of the media in this town live in fear of pissing someone off.

It's nice to see that the good ole boy system is still intact in our Great Southern State. Kenny I hope you get off scott free.

Signed

Only Auburn fan that thinks of you as a very cool person.

It obvious that Kenny is the victim here. He is the classist guy walking the earth, a true stand up citizen. For him to have to go through this so called "trial" thing is ridiculous. He has clearly been set up by the law enforcement. They are probably Auburn fans with an agenda. He should be given a medal for having his name being drawn through the mud and having to deal with this none sense.

Is this how it should go? What has happened to our country?

RWS,

I usually give you more credit than most Bammers but if you are going to focus on symantics like whether the print article says the same thing as what was broadcast rather than this quote, "Everybody here looks up to Kenny," Eddie Vick an Alabama fan says, "he's more of a role model to us," then the problems that permeate the UA problem you are a lost cause.

BTW, I am a member of the media in Mobile and I know first hand how much influence the REC has over what is and is not reported about Alabama in the Mobile market. It would shock you, not that it is just the REC, most of the media in this town live in fear of pissing someone off.

i have yet to address the part about him being a role model, etc. i think its great that he does charity work, donates to charities, etc etc. he may not be an evil person, but apparently he has a drinking problem and apparently cannot control himself enough to stop getting behind the wheel while intoxicated. i certainly would hope that at this point he wouldn't be my son's role model, fwiw.

which media outlet do you work for?

i have yet to address the part about him being a role model, etc. i think its great that he does charity work, donates to charities, etc etc. he may not be an evil person, but apparently he has a drinking problem and apparently cannot control himself enough to stop getting behind the wheel while intoxicated. i certainly would hope that at this point he wouldn't be my son's role model, fwiw.

which media outlet do you work for?

First off, thank you for addressing that. You made a good case for both sides of the man - we all have our demons, good job of reminding us all of that. That's the kind of stuff I have come to respect about you.

Secondly, I freelance for several media groups so I have or am currently doing work with most of the publications and two of the three TV stations in Mobile. Some of it behind the scenes some of out in front. I am just now making the transition from print to TV.

In Baldwin County, some attorneys are actually judges at times, they kinda rotate. Never seen anything like this before but remember this is Baldwin County, Alabamer. The "judges" are law grads from the Turd University, hence they don't want their names in the papers on this one or on this website.

I think Stabler is the best announcer Bammer has ever had, I like listening to him. However, he needs to join AA because he has a disease.

Archived