CBS Broadcast Schedule for the Year

LegalEagle

Says someone leaked it??? Whatever.

http://www.southernsaturday.com/2008/08/cb...e-tv-games.html

CBS accidently leaked their schedule for the upcoming 2008 season. The schedule has now been retracted, but SITS was able to obtain this information. See the schedule below.

09/13 - 2:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Georgia @ South Carolina (CBS HD)

09/20 - 2:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Florida @ Tennessee (CBS HD)

09/27 - 2:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Tennessee @ Auburn (CBS HD)

10/04 - 2:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Florida @ Arkansas or Kentucky @ Alabama (CBS HD)

10/11 - 2:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Tennessee @ Georgia (CBS HD)

10/11 - 7:00 p.m.-9:30 p.m. LSU @ Florida (CBS HD)

10/18 - 2:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m. LSU @ South Carolina (CBS HD)

10/25 - 2:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Georgia @ LSU (CBS HD)

11/01 - 2:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Georgia-Florida (CBS HD)

11/08 - 2:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Alabama @ LSU or Georgia @ Kentucky (CBS HD)

11/15 - 3:00 p.m.-3:30 p.m. Notre Dame @ Navy (CBS HD)

11/15 - 2:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m. South Carolina @ Florida or Georgia @ Auburn (CBS HD)

11/22 - 2:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Ole Miss @ LSU or Tennessee @ Vanderbilt or Arkansas @ Mississippi St. (CBS HD)

11/28 - 1:30 p.m.-5:00 p.m. LSU @ Arkansas (CBS HD)

11/29 - 11:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Georgia Tech @ Georgia (CBS HD)

11/29 - 2:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Auburn @ Alabama (CBS HD)

12/06 - 11:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Army @ Navy (CBS HD)

12/06 - 3:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m. SEC Championship

Great Find.

I was looking for something like this. I just question it's authenticity ("accidentally leaked?"). But it appears accurate. I had thought CBS made their decisions a week or two before hand. But I guess that is only on weekends where there are two games they need to choose from.

It appears Auburn will have up to 3 games on CBS. Not bad. LSU will be ESPN and MSU is on ESPN2.

The weekend of the Arkansas game, CBS has a double header - I don't know if that means ESPN will still have an SEC game or not, but we would likely be the next best game. So that will likely be ESPN, if not ESPN2.

And the weekend of the Ole Miss game, we could get the ESPN2 or Raycom game. I would say it is safe to say that UT-USC already has the ESPN time slot for that weekend.

Who knows about Vandy - likely on Raycom, but possiblly on ESPN 2. Overall, that'd be like possibly three Raycom games for us. The rule of only 1 Raycom game only extends to the home team, correct?

Except for a couple games, CBS' FINAL decisions are made/announced the second Monday prior to the game. But they always prepare an initial schedule based on how they think the teams will do. What you see here is probably pretty close to what the final schedule will end up being, although it will of course be adjusted throughout the year based on team's performance. If UGA totally falls apart then CBS will be scrambling, although I don't see UGA losing more than a couple games.

Guys...is it really that hard to put such a schedule together? CBS has the priority pick almost every week, so its really not difficult to go through the schedule and identify the games of the week in the SEC. I'm not saying it's not legit but...

I don't know why, but I much prefer ESPN to CBS. I guess b/c I like late afternoon games the best. In my opinion, Auburn should be PRIMETIME every single week! :au::homer:

It's good to know that Notre Dame and Navy will only take 30 minutes to play their game, but how are they going to simulcast that with the UGA/AU game?

I was initially very concerned about that and the possibility of regional coverage because I live in Maryland, obv. I would get the Navy game.

BUT I double checked Navy's schedule, and that game is @ Noon EST M&T bank stadium so it looks like a typo, and thus the Auburn/UGA game would be at the normal slot @ 330/230 CST.

The other thing I was happy to see was the Iron Bowl tentatively scheduled for the 230 slot, not 11.

Guys...is it really that hard to put such a schedule together? CBS has the priority pick almost every week, so its really not difficult to go through the schedule and identify the games of the week in the SEC. I'm not saying it's not legit but...

I thought of that too, but it helps clarify some of the earlier games (such as LSU-Auburn not being on it). It also points out when CBS will use their double headers.

ESPN picked up the AU/LSU game as their primetime night game that week. That is perfectly fine with me.

That schedule is only good if the SEC goes as predicated. All it takes is for a couple of teams to do worse then it was thought they would and a couple of teams to do much better then anticipated and that schedule from the middle to the end could look much different then what it was first guessed to be like. Like others mentioned, CBS will have to adjust their picks by how the season is going, so I would not be making any long term plans based upon that schedule.

The only sure thing is probably the LSU game that ESPN picked up.

I don't know why, but I much prefer ESPN to CBS. I guess b/c I like late afternoon games the best. In my opinion, Auburn should be PRIMETIME every single week! :au::homer:

I can tell you exactly why i hate CBS - they don't allow any team to use any type of momentum at all - CBS takes a commercial break at EVERY change of possession - so if your defense just got the place rockin' with a 3 and out or a fumble or interception - CBS will take all of that momentum and use it for a rowsing 5 min commercial break. At least ESPN will let both teams have a possession before they take a commercial. i just freakin hate CBS.

I would much rather have night games (ESPN) that tend to move faster with less commercials than games on CBS. CBS games play out like NFL games, kick, run back-cut to commercial-punt, fair catch-cut to commercial - runs plays, hit the under 10 minute mark -cut to commercial - run more plays, call a time out - 4 minutes of commercials - TD -commercial-extra point-cut to commercial.....repeat. 5 hours later the game is still going….ugh

Just a response to the caption in RUNINRED63's picture:

While the flag is traditionally displayed with the blue square in the top left, it is not incorrect to display our national symbol with the blue square in the top Right...in fact, on most army uniforms, the flag is depicted just as the President has it in your picture.

Not trying to flame nor defend President Bush, but you're caption is absolutely silly.

CBS has it pretty easy...there are so many good games in the SEC every week and so many top teams nationally that it really doesn't matter right now. They can do it week by week if they wanted to. That schedule looks like it is legit, but it is very tentative for them.

Just a response to the caption in RUNINRED63's picture:

While the flag is traditionally displayed with the blue square in the top left, it is not incorrect to display our national symbol with the blue square in the top Right...in fact, on most army uniforms, the flag is depicted just as the President has it in your picture.

Not trying to flame nor defend President Bush, but you're caption is absolutely silly.

1) It's an AP caption, not mine

2) A full discussion can be found here: http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=49719

I'm thrilled as well with the LSU/AU game in prime time. For years it seemed that whenver we played down there it was at night but whenever they came up here it was CBS 2:30. Nice to finally see some balance.

Archived