bama fans take on the SEC

AUHansel

This is a bama blog. I typed "sec predictions" in google and this site came up. The predictions aren't bad, he contradicts himself a couple of times, but the post afterward are funny. They start off pretty calm but then the real bama fans show their face and it gets funny.

Linky

this is my favorite quote from one of the post...

Alabama should have beat Auburn in 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007.

This is a bama blog. I typed "sec predictions" in google and this site came up. The predictions aren't bad, he contradicts himself a couple of times, but the post afterward are funny. They start off pretty calm but then the real bama fans show their face and it gets funny.

Linky

I agree that is pretty funny. At least in 2002 they had an excuse (not a good one), but down 17-0? In 2004, they played quite well, but eventually were outmatched in the 3rd quarter. But 2005... I guess being down 21-0 with 5 of 6 sacks in the first quarter is a "should be win." 2006 - even game, that Auburn finished strong in - I don't see how they should've "won." 2007 - again, an even game that Auburn finished strong in. Shouldn't you be leading the game at some point to even be in the same sentence as "should've won?" I believe in the last 6 years they may have lead for a total of like two quarters (and most or all of that was in the 2004 game). Two out of 24... Two out of 20 since he gave us one game.

Where was 2003 bud? They were down only a couple of points early in the 3rd quarter. Then Auburn pulled away again. But I don't see how that is any closer than all of the other games.

Linky

I agree that is pretty funny. At least in 2002 they had an excuse (not a good one), but down 17-0? In 2004, they played quite well, but eventually were outmatched in the 3rd quarter. But 2005... I guess being down 21-0 with 5 of 6 sacks in the first quarter is a "should be win." 2006 - even game, that Auburn finished strong in - I don't see how they should've "won." 2007 - again, an even game that Auburn finished strong in. Shouldn't you be leading the game at some point to even be in the same sentence as "should've won?" I believe in the last 6 years they may have lead for a total of like two quarters (and most or all of that was in the 2004 game). Two out of 24... Two out of 20 since he gave us one game.

Where was 2003 bud? They were down only a couple of points early in the 3rd quarter. Then Auburn pulled away again. But I don't see how that is any closer than all of the other games.

You're talking about a bama fan here - reality and reason are completely foreign to him.

This quote is great (especially if you replace TIDE with TAHD):

The TIDE will win the west in super dramatic fashion with Tiffin kicking a game winner against the boogs, just like his dad did, to put the TIDE in the championship game.

I'd bet he has the proper soundtrack music picked out for that and everything. What a mess.

Linky

Georgia should have beat Florida in 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, and 2006

Linky

Georgia should have beat Florida in 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, and 2006

Man, you really shouldn't have posted that. That's embarrassing.

Linky

Slink, you are such a great fan. I wish you were a Tiger. Dude, your honesty amazes us all.

The actual post for the west predictions is pretty close to how I would pick it. The only difference is I see Tennessee being a lot tougher this year and beating alabama.

I think the Tennessee game will be the next big test if we get past LSU. Tennessee will suprise some folks this year with a better team than most expect.

The actual post for the west predictions is pretty close to how I would pick it. The only difference is I see Tennessee being a lot tougher this year and beating alabama.

I think the Tennessee game will be the next big test if we get past LSU. Tennessee will suprise some folks this year with a better team than most expect.

I agree. UT scares me this year...

I agree. UT scares me this year...

No doubt - they're a talented team and it's at a very vulnerable point in our schedule (early in the season while we're still working out the kinks and right after the Miss State and LSU games so we will be pretty beaten up physically).

Also, I'm friends with several Tennessee fans, and trust me - Tennessee has NOT forgotten about the 2 games in 2004, the first of which was a beat-down of epic proportions. The fans are looking for either A.) Revenge, or B.) Fulmer's head on a stick. There is no in-between for them.

Slink, you are such a great fan. I wish you were a Tiger. Dude, your honesty amazes us all.

It took him a while but I think he is finally there.

Can someone please tell me why they expect UT to be so good? I am not saying they can't or won't - I am just amazed by how great people think they will be (many say better than last year). They won the Division last year - how do you get better? Winning the SEC? Winning the division again to lose I guess could be better in one sense or another.

They lost their 4 year starting QB. He wasn't the best thing ever, but why does everyone think Crompton is going to make Tennessee better? It's hard to top last year. They haven't shown me anything.

I have them starting off 0-5 in the SEC this season. Maybe 0-6... the only game I see them winning is Florida only because I don't see Florida being a great team everyone thinks they are and them losing to only UGA is too simple to call. I'm not saying this will definitely happen (it likely won't), but I don't see them being a 9 or 10 win team. Just my opinion.

Can someone please tell me why they expect UT to be so good? I am not saying they can't or won't - I am just amazed by how great people think they will be (many say better than last year). They won the Division last year - how do you get better? Winning the SEC? Winning the division again to lose I guess could be better in one sense or another.

They lost their 4 year starting QB. He wasn't the best thing ever, but why does everyone think Crompton is going to make Tennessee better? It's hard to top last year. They haven't shown me anything.

I have them starting off 0-5 in the SEC this season. Maybe 0-6... the only game I see them winning is Florida only because I don't see Florida being a great team everyone thinks they are and them losing to only UGA is too simple to call. I'm not saying this will definitely happen (it likely won't), but I don't see them being a 9 or 10 win team. Just my opinion.

Actually, the same guy that did this post also does their Pythagorean Score projections. I don't entirely understand it, but it tries to quantify the luck factor for teams in the SEC. As best as I can understand, he basically measures how many close games went each team's way in the previous year and then predicts the most "Overachieving" teams to return to the mean by having a relatively down year. Last year, his predictions were for FLA and AU to drop a little. This year, he's predicting it to be MSU and UT.

Linky

Man, you really shouldn't have posted that. That's embarrassing.

It is what it is

It took him a while but I think he is finally there.

Amen...... :cheer:

Archived