ECU - VT

PChamp119

Many saw ECU winning this game (I personally thought VT would persevere - I was obviously wrong), but I have to question the ECU coaching decision at the end of the game here.

They get a blocked punt for a TD to go up 4 points with less than 2 minutes to play. Why did they go for 1? There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO GAIN! Actually, based on earlier - they were more likely to give up another two points with a block kick returned for two and that puts VT only down two points.

Why not go for two there?? You miss, no big deal. You get it, it forces VT to make the PAT (which has already missed once). Being up five does NOTHING!

This ranks up there, ahead of Hawaii not calling a Time Out / Review on an incomplete pass that was ruled complete that his own team fumbled away to Florida.

Virginia Tech goes down! 22-27! War Damn Eagle! :cheer:

Granted, if ECU gets a FG here they go up 8 - but I still don't like the coaching decision so late in the game. But I actually like running another play instead of kicking. Let's see what this coach does this time.

I still have :51 left on the clock here. And PC, you are right - they should have gone for 2

Congrats to ECU - crazy game with special teams!

1 Missed VT PAT

1 Blocked ECU PAT, returned for TD

1 ECU Blocked Punt, returned for GW TD

And add in a fumble returned for TD and another fumble leading to a TD, both for VT.

Crazy Beamer Ball on both sides of the ball.

I guess Skip Holtz thought that lightning couldn't strike twice. I caught most of the second half of that game, way to go Pirates. VaTech's offense looked rather blah from what I saw, normally they have better skill postion players than what I saw. Don't think Greensboro, NC won't be hopping for WVU when they come to town next week?

Archived