Spencer Pybus (2 star recruit) pushing for playing time

Hoopie

is challenging a former 4 star recruit for 2nd team strong LB. Spencer committed to AU one day prior to NSD amid laffs from the Bammers and teeth gnashing from typical AU naysayers. Now the true freshman is making an impact. When will the AU naysayers realize that CTT knows talent and could care less about stars.

BTW, I believe I read that CTT said that the 2009 recruiting class is shaping up to be his BEST EVER. Of course the recruiting mags will probably have us around #20 again. BTW, the 2004 seniors were a #20 recruiting class.

Gnash away cfb recruiting analyst wannabes.

OK, listen...

No one doubts that Tuberville and his staff can find players that fit his system. No one is doubting that.

People are wondering why we can't get any of the top talent in the state to commit to Auburn.

You are comparing one guy. Yes, this a trend with Tuberville's teams, I admit. But what about the numerous Freshmen (4* or 5* or whatnot) that start at Alabama as well?

My point is, it is one thing to develop and recognize talent when you see it, when others don't (like Tuberville does). But this thread makes it appear as if Tuberville isn't TRYING to get the "best" talent out there. He is trying to get a lot of the big name kids as well. But a lot of these big name kids are choosing Alabama over Auburn. The question everyone is asking, is why is he not getting some of these 4 and 5 star athletes that he is recruiting? It's not as if he's like "screw it, I don't think they are good... these other guys with 2 and 3 stars are the best out there and nobody has noticed."

Again, no one is doubting that Tuberville can't get good kids that fit his system. People are wondering why the top talent is going to the school up the road, when Tuberville is indeed trying to recruit them as well. If it were Shula vs Tuberville, Tubs would be getting some of these kids that go to Bama. I think that is what people are saying. But a lot of head-to-head competition, those recruits are going to Bama.

In reference to Montez Robinson:

wow, you guys beat us out for a lifelong AU fan.....man, i'm impressed. ...:thumbsup:

The ratio I consistently see for in-state UA/AU fans is 3:1. It goes to reason that the recruits would fall along those same lines.

OK, listen...

No one doubts that Tuberville and his staff can find players that fit his system. No one is doubting that.

People are wondering why we can't get any of the top talent in the state to commit to Auburn.

You are comparing one guy. Yes, this a trend with Tuberville's teams, I admit. But what about the numerous Freshmen (4* or 5* or whatnot) that start at Alabama as well?

My point is, it is one thing to develop and recognize talent when you see it, when others don't (like Tuberville does). But this thread makes it appear as if Tuberville isn't TRYING to get the "best" talent out there. He is trying to get a lot of the big name kids as well. But a lot of these big name kids are choosing Alabama over Auburn. The question everyone is asking, is why is he not getting some of these 4 and 5 star athletes that he is recruiting? It's not as if he's like "screw it, I don't think they are good... these other guys with 2 and 3 stars are the best out there and nobody has noticed."

Again, no one is doubting that Tuberville can't get good kids that fit his system. People are wondering why the top talent is going to the school up the road, when Tuberville is indeed trying to recruit them as well. If it were Shula vs Tuberville, Tubs would be getting some of these kids that go to Bama. I think that is what people are saying. But a lot of head-to-head competition, those recruits are going to Bama.

Dude.....you gotta get a life and quit questioning everything. Spend more time reading and listening and you can answer most of your own questions with a valid positive answer (unless you are just looking for negatives). I've only been around since Jan. 2008, but in that time it's become apparent that your negativity is bordering on neurotic. It's as if you are proud of yourself for developing a question without considering the validity of the question.

Why are you even worried about it and asking the question? That concern is only valid if you are worried about bantering with Bammers or are a Johnny come lately that only knows enough to be dangerous. AU has never cornered the talent in Al. A more valid question(although still not worth getting upset over) would be what can we do to get some of Ga. BACK from Mark Richt. The only real issue should be; are we getting the talent that we need with the attitudes we want. Tennessee gets good talent (with no character) from all over the USA. Bama gets most of the in state talent.....so what, most of those kids are brainwashed by all of the Walmart-purchased Bama sportswear.

These things move in cycles and there you go again acting like a zero tolerance soccer mom expecting stuff to be perfect and questioning suspiciously and unecessarily.

He's the one that put the hit on the LSU QB 1/10th of a second after the ball left the hand. Pybus is going to be a solid player.

That's why he's only 2 stars....too slow :lol:

LMAO!!!!!!

When Auburn got his signature, I told everyone to watch out for this kid, because I had a feeling that he'd be a Stud Kat....IMO, he's only scratching the surface, wait until he gets the Defense down pat. Remember, Pybus is the kid that Broke the record for the highest score in the Sparq Combine, last year.

.....there you go again acting like a zero tolerance soccer mom expecting stuff to be perfect and questioning suspiciously and unnecessarily.

Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!

When Auburn got his signature, I told everyone to watch out for this kid, because I had a feeling that he'd be a Stud Kat....IMO, he's only scratching the surface, wait until he gets the Defense down pat. Remember, Pybus is the kid that Broke the record for the highest score in the Sparq Combine, last year.

How many grillz did he get?

Would've probably given him 5 Grillz, his Highlight Tape is pretty nice too. He reminded me of Eltoro in HS and JC, and LBOH in HS, with the way he reads and reacts...or in LBOH's words, "See Ball, Get Ball". This guy is Extremely Hungry, which is what you want from any freshmen. Also, I wouldn't be surprised that he heard the inbred nation making fun of him....that's motivation in itself. There's a possibility that he'll be seeing some real playing time by the Iron Bowl.

Would've probably given him 5 Grillz, his Highlight Tape is pretty nice too. He reminded me of Eltoro in HS and JC, and LBOH in HS, with the way he reads and reacts...or in LBOH's words, "See Ball, Get Ball". This guy is Extremely Hungry, which is what you want from any freshmen. Also, I wouldn't be surprised that he heard the inbred nation making fun of him....that's motivation in itself. There's a possibility that he'll be seeing some real playing time by the Iron Bowl.

A sack/fumble return TD in the 4th qtr that puts us up by 3 scores.......sweet justice!

Archived