UAT assistant Lance Thompson to UT

AUTiger10

When Saban was setting up shop at UAT, both Jimbo Fisher and Will Muschamp refused to re-join him there. That told me that he's hard to work for, and one tour of duty with Dinky is all a normal person will put up with.

the impact be on their recruiting since both were premier recruiters? Could this sway some of his commits our way? Saban reportedly furious at him going to UT and some of his recruits obviously troubled by it. i.e. McCarron,Richardson, etc.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/birmingh....xml&coll=2

Who, in their right mind, would want to work for the Nicktator for too long? Also, doubling your salary from +/- $250,000 to nearly $500,000 probably would persuade any person to change jobs.

I'm sure it's quite troubling for the bammer nation. However, I would think the timing of the departure would be the most troubling.

Word seems to be that UT helped Thompson with a "family" issue and nearly doubled his salary to boot. They made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Saban must have thought he was a good recruiter, because he was reportedly furious. Trend Richardson and AJ McCarron were not pleased either. If Chizik would get in there now, we might get a few to turn for a change. This does not bode well for the Crimson Turds and something must be in the air in T town.

Amazing that these young recruits would choose to go to a school just for an asst coach that recruited them. I mean if history has proven anything, it's that coaches come and go with the change of the seasons......

I think its WONDERFUL to see Saban with his panties in a wad over this. He has chased money everywhere he has been, now he is upset because one of his hired mercenaries leaves over more money. Thompson is only doing the same thing Saban would do if he were in the same situation.

He should be used to losing assistants by now. Staff turnovers in the offseason are an annual rite of passage under Saban. Good riddance and it couldn't happen to a better guy or a better team.

Spin per Finebaum yesterday: "CNS is happy for Thompson. CNS is constantly promoting his assts as much as he is his players..."

Now, I have to go take a bath after repeating something I heard on PFRN.

BTW, CNS has lost 5 assts so far.

Applewhite, Steele, Thompson, Middleton, Mullins? (another asst he got from TX). So 5/9 and he has been at bama how long?

Spin per Finebaum yesterday: "CNS is happy for Thompson. CNS is constantly promoting his assts as much as he is his players..."

Now I have to take a bath just for reading this. Way to go, bath night this month isn't supposed to be until next week.

This story has taken a serious turn. I read in a blog comment and heard from the mouth of two Alabama fans today that Saban fired Thompson yesterday and that he didn't resign to take the Tennessee offer. Fortunately for Thompson, Tennessee just happened to come along with a half million dollar offer that was a substantial increase from his previous employ.

Just wanted to remind everyone what we're really dealing with in our oppositions fanbase. ROFL

He really wasnt that good of a recruiter.

The recruiter behind him is just as good.

They roll 5 deep at recruiter.

They didnt want him.

He didnt fit the system/process/his own clothes/whatever.

yada yada yada

This story has taken a serious turn. I read in a blog comment and heard from the mouth of two Alabama fans today that Saban fired Thompson yesterday and that he didn't resign to take the Tennessee offer. Fortunately for Thompson, Tennessee just happened to come along with a half million dollar offer that was a substantial increase from his previous employ.

Just wanted to remind everyone what we're really dealing with in our oppositions fanbase. ROFL

Wrong. And no one with a half a brain believes that.

Wrong. And no one with a half a brain believes that.

And thus you have perfectly described the Alabama fanbase :roflol:

If the lovefest between Bama and UT wasn't bitter enough cant wait till Thompson pulls some of this recruiting class with him up to Knoxville. Bama nation would flip if Trent Richardson followed him up there.

...or if he does have beans he spills after getting to Orange Country, as DKW mentioned!

I think its WONDERFUL to see Saban with his panties in a wad over this.

Yeah, kinda makes me wish I worked for him just so I could dump him too! ...it's so much fun to see the veins pop out on his forehead. :big:

Applewhite, Steele, Thompson, Middleton, Mullins? (another asst he got from TX). So 5/9 and he has been at bama how long?

Well, Applewhite was probably let go. Its obvious to everyone that he was over his head. Steele left for a position where he'd be the ONLY D cord instead of Co D cord at best. Ron Middleton took the same on the field position at Duke, but was also named the associate head coach in the deal.

I don't know who Mullins is. I couldn't find any info on him. He must have been important.

More spin from the bama pr machine. via ITAT premium...

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6&f=2770&t=3787337

Attendees of this week's East-West Shrine Game drooled over a YouTube video of San Jose State DL Jarron Gilbert. Gilbert shows amazing lower-body explosion by leaping out of a pool from an underwater start. At 6'6/287 Gilbert will likely be a 3-4 defensive end at the next level....At the same event Mizzou QB Chase Daniel weighed in at 6'0/218 after being listed at 6'1/225 as a Tiger. Daniel also has shown predictably poor arm strength in workouts....Texas A&M's Michael Bennett has been dominated by Alberta OT Simon Rottier during East-West practice drills. Bennett is considered one of this year's top ten senior defensive ends and getting worked over by a CFL prospect looks bad....North Carolina WR Brandon Tate, who tore his ACL in October, won't play in the Senior Bowl but NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock hears he'll be ready for February's Combine. Despite the injury, Mayock has Tate ranked first among his senior wideouts in this year's class....Early entrant LeSean McCoy is Rotoworld's favorite to run the fastest forty time among tailbacks at the Combine. We're picking Maryland's Darrius Heyward-Bey to run the fastest among wideouts....As rumor has it, underclassman RB Glen Coffee was forced out at Alabama because Nick Saban had already declared rising sophomore Mark Ingram his 2009 starter...Sanchez's decision to leave for the draft early was openly bashed by Pete Carroll at Sanchez's own press conference. While some are criticizing the Trojans' coach for ruining the moment, it's more likely that Carroll was right and Sanchez just isn't ready for the pros. Carroll never throws his players (or former players) under the bus

Why is Ingram being named the starter 'forcing out' Coffee? Does Ingram never tire? Is there only one back used in McElwain's offense? No. So why is this even posted on the Internet and why is somebody trying so hard to get this story out there?

I post this as a reminder that no one could ever leave SPUAT. No way! Not Fran, etc etc etc. In a day or so we will hear how Andre Smith, Lance Thonpson, Kevin Steele, Middleton, Applewhite, etc were all forced aout as well, no doubt. :yes:

Well, Applewhite was probably let go. Its obvious to everyone that he was over his head. Steele left for a position where he'd be the ONLY D cord instead of Co D cord at best. Ron Middleton took the same on the field position at Duke, but was also named the associate head coach in the deal.

I don't know who Mullins is. I couldn't find any info on him. He must have been important.

What do you know! And when did you know it.

Umm guys, the last I looked, these guys are commited to play for Saban and Bama, not Thompson. Yes its gonna put some kind of a dent in bama's recruting but how much time will kiffin be given if he has one or two bad years, thses guys can recruit, but how well can they coach??? Same goes for our new head coach, they can recruit, but can they be just as good of coaches??? We shall see....

Archived