The ACC title game will be GREAT

aucorner

Not only do they suck in general, Tampa is not a good venue.

Atlanta's clearly the best. But they can't forget ever having it. EVER!

Clearly a weak conference. They are way behind.

SEC

Big 12

Pac 10

Big 10

ACC

Big East

What the heck is wrong with Raymond James, this is the first year ACC champ game is there. I expect a good showing of fan support for the teams this year.

What the heck is wrong with Raymond James, this is the first year ACC champ game is there. I expect a good showing of fan support for the teams this year.

Raymond James is a cool venue, but most of the teams are up the east coast and don't travel all the way down there.

So you get a title game where there's 11 people and a hot dog vendor.

The attendance should be much better this year because Clemson and Georgia Tech are a lot closer to Tampa than Boston College and Virginia Tech were to Jacksonville last year.

The ACC and SEC should just make their home in Atlanta and have both games in the same city. Want to keep the focus of college ball even more in the South? Imagine a ACC Friday game and a SEC Saturday game for a second. 200k people in one area for two games that would

A. Give the ACC a huge boost in publicity

B. Make the South/SEC that much bigger as opposed to the boring Big 12 games or Big 10 who likes to sit around and watch football as opposed to having a championship game.

That being said, I can't wait to see Clemson vs. Tech. As much as people would and do dog on Tech for losing to UGA...I'm not sure as to how Auburn to do against them.

The ACC title game is in Charlotte in 2010 and 2011...geographically, that location makes the most sense for them.

Smart move to have the game in Charlotte and the ACC has failed at marketing the championship game. Will a team step up and take over the power void that FSU left after they plummeted?

I'm not sure I understand why they can't do the ACC title game at the GA Dome on Friday night or maybe at noon that Saturday and have the SEC game at 7:30 that evening. I guess getting the endzones prepared and the bunting and what not would be some work, but other than that?

I'm not sure I understand why they can't do the ACC title game at the GA Dome on Friday night or maybe at noon that Saturday and have the SEC game at 7:30 that evening. I guess getting the endzones prepared and the bunting and what not would be some work, but other than that?

Primarily because the SEC doesn't want to share the sandbox with the other kids, not that I blame them. I'm certainly not familiar with the contracts, but I doubt the SEC could stop it if the Dome/Atlanta Sports Council wanted to host the ACC championship game the same weekend. However, the SEC would throw a hissyfit the likes of which probably has never been seen. If the SEC got really pissed, they could move future games to Bham once their contract to hold in the Dome expires. No one in Atlanta wants that, as the game is a sold out every year and that weekend provides a big boost in terms of local hotel/restaurant/etc. revenue. I think as long as the SEC championship game/weekend continues along at its current pace then the ACC game won't be played in Atlanta on the same weekend.

Just my opinion.

The "Hitler rant" knockoffs have admittedly gotten tiresome, but this one is pretty damned funny...not for young eyes, though.

No way should the game be in Atlanta the same weekend as the SECCG! I've been to many a SECCG and Chik-fil-a Bowl and it's already hard enough finding hotel rooms, parking, etc. Just imagine if it were 4 teams! And having the game on the same day would be lucrative... all the cleaning and preparing in the stadium, no place to tailgate, and crowds upon crowds. That's just asking for a disaster.

Charlotte is the ACC's best bet.

Archived