10/2/10 LOUISIANA MONROE

10/9/10 @ Kentucky

10/16/10 ARKANSAS

10/23/10 LSU

10/30/10 @ Ole Miss

11/6/10 TENNESSEE-CHATTANOOGA

11/13/10 GEORGIA

11/26/10 @ Alabama

Has anyone else noticed that we don't have a bye week again till right before the Bama game? Looks like they could do something about that, seeing how it effected us this year. I know these schedules are made in years in advance but crap, this has to be hard on the players no matter how much depth you may have.

Two D1AA schools? :blink: Can we at least play ULM twice instead of one of them or something? Other than that, its not that bad of a schedule. There will be some (5) decent games at JHS next year. I kind of wish we could play at CU next year and get them at home in 2011 when we play most of our tough games on the road.

UL-Monroe and Arkansas State are both 1-A (or FBS, as it's called now)...they're both in the Sun Belt, I think.

I'm not in the "Boo-hoo, no off week for 11 straight" camp. Since the 1960's, more often than not, we've played the rest of the schedule, had an off week and then played UAT. I like it this way and really, the media writers seem to be the ones most worried about the off week scheduling.

Can I ask why you think having an off week before the UAT game hurt us this year?

I don't think it hurt us for the Bama game, I think it was a big reason for the late decline...I think it would help better to have a bye week close to the middle of the season. If we cared only about beating Bama, yes then the bye week is idea where it is...But lets remember, we got blown out by LSU and lost to Kentucky. I think those two losses was because of being mentally tired!

I'm not in the "Boo-hoo, no off week for 11 straight" camp. Since the 1960's, more often than not, we've played the rest of the schedule, had an off week and then played UAT. I like it this way and really, the media writers seem to be the ones most worried about the off week scheduling.

Coach Chizik said something about it too..And their for a while we didn't have a bye week before the Bama game and a lot of times we did we also had a bye week during the season too. Just hard to get two bye weeks now since we play 12 games now and a conference championship. And trust me, it is very tiring to go through fall camp and play 11 straight games without a off week. Mentally and physically. Plus if you have a off week it gives players with minor injuries time to heel.

9/4/10 ARKANSAS STATE

9/11/10 @ Mississippi State

9/18/10 CLEMSON

9/25/10 SOUTH CAROLINA

10/2/10 LOUISIANA MONROE

10/9/10 @ Kentucky

10/16/10 ARKANSAS

10/23/10 LSU

10/30/10 @ Ole Miss

11/13/10 GEORGIA

11/26/10 @ Alabama

Has anyone else noticed that we don't have a bye week again till right before the Bama game? Looks like they could do something about that, seeing how it effected us this year. I know these schedules are made in years in advance but crap, this has to be hard on the players no matter how much depth you may have.

This is my first time looking at the 2010 schedule. Wow, not bad!

* No back-to-back road games

* Only one tough away stadium to play in (T-Town)

I'm fired up already! Can't wait to see some of the young dudes hit the field. I believe the coaches will have em ready.

I can't wait to win the Palmetto State Championship (as a native)! :cheer:

Ready for a bowl win....first and foremost.

I don't really care either way, I think the team can deal with the situation they are handed, but both Florida and Bama have a different line of thinking regarding the schedule. They took a mid-season BYE with a cupcake prior to the rival game. Not a bad idea either, but too late to try this for next year. I wonder how JJ and CGC will structure thier first few schedules they create together.

===========================

9/4/10 ARKANSAS STATE

9/18/10 CLEMSON

9/25/10 SOUTH CAROLINA

10/2/10 LOUISIANA MONROE

10/9/10 @ Kentucky

10/16/10 ARKANSAS

10/23/10 LSU

10/30/10 @ Ole Miss

11/13/10 GEORGIA

11/26/10 @ Alabama

1st section. Must win. Should be easy.

2nd. The state of SC comes to Auburn back to back. Interesting. Could be tough.

3rd. Must win. Should be easy.

4th. Two tough games. At home.

5th. Ole Miss is a wild card. We'll see.

6th. No comment.

Cool schedule.

^

I dont see how you can say at Miss State and KY should be "easy." Miss State is an improving program and was only blown out in 2 games this season(auburn and bama) and KY is now a program who has gone to 3 straight bowl games and beat us at home this season. Combined with both being on the road, these should be tough games decided by no more than 10 points.

I thought we always had 2 off weeks before the inclusion of the 12th game?

And trust me, it is very tiring to go through fall camp and play 11 straight games without a off week.

Can you fill us in on why we should trust you...did you play college ball or something? :big:

^

I dont see how you can say at Miss State and KY should be "easy." Miss State is an improving program and was only blown out in 2 games this season(auburn and bama) and KY is now a program who has gone to 3 straight bowl games and beat us at home this season. Combined with both being on the road, these should be tough games decided by no more than 10 points.

By "should be" I mean that if Auburn is going to be a contender, teams like UK and MSU should be easy. I'm not implying they would be wins guaranteed. It's way to early to predict wins. BUT, if Auburn is going to return to where we all know it should be, teams like MSU and UK should be walks.

Personally, I'd like to see everyone go back to an 11-game regular season with two bye weeks for the sake of the players (...but add an 8-team playoff with the 4 big BCS bowls as the opening round).

However that 12th game brings in too much money for the schools to ever agree to go back.

^

By "should be" I mean that if Auburn is going to be a contender, teams like UK and MSU should be easy. I'm not implying they would be wins guaranteed. It's way to early to predict wins. BUT, if Auburn is going to return to where we all know it should be, teams like MSU and UK should be walks.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I agree 100% for us to be contenders again games like those 2 need to be projected wins every season.

9/4/10 ARKANSAS STATE

9/18/10 CLEMSON

9/25/10 SOUTH CAROLINA

10/2/10 LOUISIANA MONROE

10/9/10 @ Kentucky

10/16/10 ARKANSAS

10/23/10 LSU

10/30/10 @ Ole Miss

11/13/10 GEORGIA

11/26/10 @ Alabama

I was unaware that Arky State was Div 1, and in the same conference as LAMO.

I'm glad Spiller won't be at Clemson next year, but they'll still have a lot coming back. I was unimpressed w/ them when I watched CU play Boston College this season, but they did have a fair run, until USC took them apart. The 'Cocks are very young, too.

Next year will be very interesting. I look for Ole Miss to take a step back, but several ( UGA, USC, Ark ) will likely be improved. If our QB situation pans out, and we get some folks on campus ( and healthy ) , we could make a run. We need to get some guys back who were injured, and to shore up that DL. A more healthy , stable D, and we'd have won 3 more games, the last one being the most important.

Archived