Couple pulled over in Utah...

woods1110

Some people can get really, really, really lost.

A Utah state trooper pulled over a car traveling the wrong way on Interstate 15 (search) near the town of Beaver early Wednesday morning, figuring he'd find just another drunk driver.

Instead, he discovered a 49-year-old Whittier, Calif., man and his mother, who thought they were still in the Los Angeles area.

"When I told them they were in Utah, they insisted they were only 10 miles from their house," sheriff's Sgt. David Mott told the Salt Lake Tribune. "They looked at me like I was out of my mind."

Mott said the man and his 78-year-old mother seemed disoriented. They'd left their home to go to the car mechanic 18 hours earlier.

I-15 runs north from San Diego through the eastern part of the greater Los Angeles area, though why the wayward pair went 450 miles out of their way was not explained.

Mott found no evidence of alcohol or drug use, so he took the pair to a local hospital for observation. They checked out OK.

Beaver County Sheriff Ken Yardley put the man and his mother up in a local motel for the night, then let them head home after a good night's rest.

Mott said the man and his 78-year-old mother seemed disoriented.

Do you think possibly the first indication of that was driving in the wrong direction?

:rolleyes::lol:

sounds like an alien abduction.  :(

May be. But I don't think they found evidence of anything having been inserted into the car's tailpipe. :o

Archived