bammer's LaMichael Fanning

Mikey

I see the recruiting sites are still listing Fanning as a UAT commit. First he dropped out of Auburn HS and went to somewhere in Georgia. Next he was kicked off the team in Georgia, then re-joined that team, then changed schools again and quit playing football entirely.

Anybody got an update on this guy? Is he going to school, and is his offer from UAT still good?

Offer still good, supposedly considering AU again

Unless there has been a drastic change with him since October/November, he won't be qualifying anywhere. I was hoping to see if anybody knows if he returned to school or not.

He may be considering AU, I doubt that AU is considering him, but who knows?

Grades were a concern at Bama, there was talk he may need to be placed. From what I gather he has a tough home situation. If that is true, he would be well-served to join us.

He's visiting Auburn this weekend. There's talk that he may pull a switch.

I'm a long way from an insider, but from everything I've seen in the news media, I'd be extremely surprised if Auburn is interested in Fanning.

Of course they're interested in him. He may be a sign and place but he has talent. With our thin numbers in the line, he's worth a shot.

Why would we not be interested? The moving and school changes and such are related to a terrible home situation. He has some rough circumstances but with the right support group he can be a good player.

Archived