Tigers arrested

aumd03

There is no rehabilitation for people who would take a gun, break in someone's home, and rob them. Those guys are going to jail for a very long time and they deserve it. Hard to believe people with no more character than that were a part of our team. I am really disappointed in the players involved and in our coaching staff for bringing such thugs into our family.

Yep, because they asked each recruit if they ever thought of robbing anyone, and singled out the ones that said yes and offered them scholarships. <_<

Yes.

And as PM said, coaches can't babysit players 24/7, nor should they. The rest of the student population at Auburn isn't babysat to keep them out of trouble. The swift reaction by CGC speaks VOLUMES as to the integrity of our coaches and the administration. No matter how diligent our coaches are in checking out the players they recruit, they will never be able to avoid this kind of thing 100%. All they can do when it happens is to send a clear message that it will not be tolerated. Which is EXACTLY what Coach Chizik did!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know just thinking about it maybe Gene Chizik actually is being a little reactive instead of proactive (as with all other college coaches). I don't question at all his ability to create a family environment for his program, but maybe these were guys who shouldn't have been a part of the program in the first place? I mean sure it's hard to determine this beforehand. Obviously this is not just an Auburn problem this is an issue with every college team including my Tide. Teams are willing to let players in who are lacking in character, incentives for success outweigh any costs of troublemakers and coaches believe they can mold players into good people which works some of the time. In the end there will be some who are willing to risk it all no matter how many people try to put them in the right direction.

Hey, if you're going to win the thing, go out and WIN IT. Leave no doubts. We're not piddling around in a sequence of tiny events. Our boys went for the jugular.... and the cash. And any other valuables you may have in the house.

My gut tells me there is more to this story than 4 football players randomly selecting a house or trailer on Wire Road and deciding to do an armed home invasion. If I were a betting man I would say these 4 knew the people there and went out of some conflict, maybe they went to recover something that was taken from them. That might explain why they were caught so fast, the other people knew exactly what vehicle they were driving. NOT by any stretch am I excusing entering someone's house with a gun, but I just find it hard to believe all 4 decided to do a random robbery...

Yes. This is what I was referring to in my post (#17 in this thread)about a "rest of the story". There just about has to be more to this than a random robbery. That doesn't excuse what went on but it may go a long way toward explaining it.

Hey, if you're going to win the thing, go out and WIN IT. Leave no doubts. We're not piddling around in a sequence of tiny events. Our went for the jugular.... and the cash. And any other valuables you may have in the house.

:roflol:

My gut tells me there is more to this story than 4 football players randomly selecting a house or trailer on Wire Road and deciding to do an armed home invasion. If I were a betting man I would say these 4 knew the people there and went out of some conflict, maybe they went to recover something that was taken from them. That might explain why they were caught so fast, the other people knew exactly what vehicle they were driving. NOT by any stretch am I excusing entering someone's house with a gun, but I just find it hard to believe all 4 decided to do a random robbery...

I agree, but their actions were stupid. They should have learned from OJ.

Guess we won the Fulmer Cup already.

http://mobile.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/

Awesome...

Cool, our second consecutive national championship!

This is the Krakatoa of Fulmer Cup scores; we hope to never see its equal, because we think that involves an entire football team being charged with murder.*

**Something that Auburn could have been charged with following the 2010 SEC Championship Game.***

***No they couldn't have. There wasn't enough left of South Carolina to identify.

It's nice to be on top :cheer:

I agree, but their actions were stupid. They should have learned from OJ.

I thought I read somewhere that they DID wear gloves?

I also wondered if there was something more to it. No matter what kind of noble cause they could have all banded together for, trying to recover something that was stolen from them or to revenge someone else, no one knows if this was the case or not. Whatever motivated them to do this, they screwed up big time. Now they are EACH charged with 5 counts of robbery 1 which is a class A felony. Since a lethal weapon was also used, the code says this is 20 years minimum. Football for them is only going to be something they might watch on TV. Sad!!!!

Two days before the robbery DM stated on his FB that he just had the `worst day of his life'...then he goes out and does this??!! Today his account is gone. Young guys being stupid!

Two days before the robbery DM stated on his FB that he just had the `worst day of his life'...then he goes out and does this??!! Today his account is gone. Young guys being stupid!

Just goes to prove that when you think you've hit rock bottom, things could be worse. And they are. :blink:

Not sure if this was posted already or not but McNeil and two others were charged March 1 with unlawful detainer for failing to pay rent.

Still no reason for this type of stupidity.

Link

McNeil and two others were charged March 1 with unlawful detainer for failing to pay their rent at the Cooper Beech Townhomes in Auburn. That money was paid.

Not sure if this was posted already or not but McNeil and two others were charged March 1 with unlawful detainer for failing to pay rent.

Still no reason for this type of stupidity.

Link

McNeil and two others were charged March 1 with unlawful detainer for failing to pay their rent at the Cooper Beech Townhomes in Auburn. That money was paid.

And from earlier in this thread:

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:54 PM by RunInRed

Mike McNeil tweet from two days ago RT @Mike_McNeil_RL I need money like a pill need water...

@wareagleextra

I hate to borrow money, but a loan is legal, and will get you in far less trouble than armed robbery. :blink:

I may have missed it somewhere, and the point may have already been made, but: a pistol was used. There could have been a shooting and one death or more. These young men will and should be punished. They are not youthful offenders. I am NOT dumping on the guys but I abhor criminals who use guns to commit a crime. I can pray for them, but at the same time hope the justice system does what it should do given ALL the FACTS of the case.

In the meantime, War Eagle !

I may have missed it somewhere, and the point may have already been made, but: a pistol was used. There could have been a shooting and one death or more. These young men will and should be punished. They are not youthful offenders. I am NOT dumping on the guys but I abhor criminals who use guns to commit a crime. I can pray for them, but at the same time hope the justice system does what it should do given ALL the FACTS of the case.

In the meantime, War Eagle !

+1

I was fishing Guntersville all weekend and just heard about this myself :puke:

They need to get the book thrown at them, youthful NO!!! Old enough to know!!

Homer Simpson to DM:

"No son, this is the worst day of your life, so far."

I wonder how all this will play out IF:

--McNeil was little desperate for money as he indicated on Facebook

--somebody owed him some money he decided to collect

--he knew he would encounter several people as he tried to collect so he took along some "help"

--the gun was a toy

--he got some money and left not expecting any follow up

--the "robbed" person(s) decided to make up something and call police in revenge

I'm not in any way saying this is what happened. Just saying what if. I have read about all this for three days now and no other scenario makes much sense either.

One thing for sure, I wouldn't come down on these guys as

decisivly as some here have without further facts. I think we are all assuming that because Chizik took action so quickly it must be a open and shut case. But who knows. Right now I guess we wait and see how it all plays out.

I do know that if I was an attorney I would like to defend the guys based on my own experience with the Auburn and Opelika police one night while still a student. I was awakened and taken from my dorm room at 2am one morning by the Auburn police and handed over to the Opelika police with no explanation of why. I was grilled all night long without being accused of anything and had no idea of what was going on. Finally at daybreak they told me I could leave and nothing more ever happened.

I wonder how all this will play out IF:

--McNeil was little desperate for money as he indicated on Facebook

--somebody owed him some money he decided to collect

--he knew he would encounter several people as he tried to collect so he took along some "help"

--the gun was a toy

--he got some money and left not expecting any follow up

--the "robbed" person(s) decided to make up something and call police in revenge

I'm not in any way saying this is what happened. Just saying what if. I have read about all this for three days now and no other scenario makes much sense either.

One thing for sure, I wouldn't come down on these guys as

decisivly as some here have without further facts. I think we are all assuming that because Chizik took action so quickly it must be a open and shut case. But who knows. Right now I guess we wait and see how it all plays out.

I do know that if I was an attorney I would like to defend the guys based on my own experience with the Auburn and Opelika police one night while still a student. I was awakened and taken from my dorm room at 2am one morning by the Auburn police and handed over to the Opelika police with no explanation of why. I was grilled all night long without being accused of anything and had no idea of what was going on. Finally at daybreak they told me I could leave and nothing more ever happened.

Damn, PT, you must be one bad-ass criminal type.

Damn, PT, you must be one bad-ass criminal type.

I know, right? Freakin' hoodlum :big:

Yep, I been trying to tell ya'll for a long time not to mess with me :big:

All I do is win, win, win no matter what: Check

Got money on my mind I can never get enough: Unfortunately now, check.

Every time I step up in the building, everybody hands go up: Not sure that what was meant by this line...

Archived