2013 5* DT Dee Liner (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One more redundant post on this topic and I am moving on...

This is a positive for AU. Dee was going to uat and was going to stick it to us on NSD. Everyone knew it. All of his friends have been saying this for weeks and uat insiders have been saying this for a long time. Whether it was his decision to de-commit now or whether it was our coaches telling him to crap or get off the pot, we are not going to get played AGAIN... this is a good thing for AU in the end. It was not going to be a good situation on NSD if he was still "committed" to AU and did the classesless Yeldon flip since he was not going to AU. He is finally gone and we can move on...

Now I expect 1 or 2 more to decommit and then we will start filling it up.

Im sick of AU fans saying its bad to be upset about losing 5 star recruits. Look where its getting us.

You need some rope? or a hotline#? geez man get over it. Ain't a thing in the world you can do about it. Move on.

Why don't you say something to the sunshine pumper acting like its a great deal that we lost another 5 star?

Because it is. The signs have been pointing to this for a month now. I personally believe Dee was a closet bammer. Regardless, nothing we can do about. So stop whining like a damn baby because we lost a 4/5* player.

It practical sense tough guy. The team with the best players wins, keep defending losing, Im having a good laugh.

There was nothing classy about how TJ did Auburn. No way to excuse it even if he was 17-18 yrs old. I hope that Dee was put on the spot by our coaches. I have always wanted him, but have grown tired of his situation. I know it must be hard to turn down UA after the way things have been there. I feel that Dee has put on a show for Saban and for a while has been waiting to join Bama. Have had a bad feeling about him for a while but took him at his word that he was all AU. Character...got to have it to be measured by it. I hope for Dee's sake this isn't the measure of his for the future. Now, who takes his place?

This is a positive for AU. Dee was going to uat and was going to stick it to us on NSD. Everyone knew it. All of his friends have been saying this for weeks and uat insiders have been saying this for a long time. Whether it was his decision to de-commit now or whether it was our coaches telling him to crap or get off the pot, we are not going to get played AGAIN... this is a good thing for AU in the end. It was not going to be a good situation on NSD if he was still "committed" to AU and did the classesless Yeldon flip since he was not going to AU. He is finally gone and we can move on...

Im sick of AU fans saying its bad to be upset about losing 5 star recruits. Look where its getting us.

You need some rope? or a hotline#? geez man get over it. Ain't a thing in the world you can do about it. Move on.

Why don't you say something to the sunshine pumper acting like its a great deal that we lost another 5 star?

Because it is. The signs have been pointing to this for a month now. I personally believe Dee was a closet bammer. Regardless, nothing we can do about. So stop whining like a damn baby because we lost a 4/5* player.

It practical sense tough guy. The team with the best players wins, keep defending losing, Im having a good laugh.

Laughing? Looks more like youre crying your eyes out. For the record I'm not defending losing. I DO however believe there is more to a football player than his (star) rating. But, you go on being infinitely pessimistic, I'm done arguing over your crying. WDE

So has Liner met ANY Auburn players? There is no way you can build a relationship if you don't even talk to each other. You don't see each other. You don't talk to the family. There is one way to know if you get along or "fit." You have to talk. Where is he talking? February 6th is just a few weeks away.

Yes, Liner came clean. Dude hadn't even talked to the coaches. That was a TJY situation. He would have stuck us. This guy seems like he has God in his life, but he was living a lie. God worked it out for Auburn. We have Bradley for a reason. I'm glad Malzahn was smart enough to catch on and recruit JUCOs. Last year was a hard lesson with Chizik not having a back-up plan. This time, we were ready. Coach Malzahn has the "you shop, we shop" attitude. I'm glad it worked out for us this time. Gotta watch out for these low character guys from now on. He can make all kinds of excuses, but he got caught. And we got our DT anyway.

WAR EAGLE!!

There was nothing classy about how TJ did Auburn. No way to excuse it even if he was 17-18 yrs old. I hope that Dee was put on the spot by our coaches. I have always wanted him, but have grown tired of his situation. I know it must be hard to turn down UA after the way things have been there. I feel that Dee has put on a show for Saban and for a while has been waiting to join Bama. Have had a bad feeling about him for a while but took him at his word that he was all AU. Character...got to have it to be measured by it. I hope for Dee's sake this isn't the measure of his for the future. Now, who takes his place?

I will give him credit for not doing this on signing day or pulling another yeldon. At least we have a little time to work on a replacement now (Montravious Adams)

that would be nice, but i dunno if adams is a real possibility from what i've read.

reuben foster. that's the man i'd love to hold onto (and the one i think we have the most realistic shot of keeping considering his family lives in auburn). that's a guy i think has first round NFL talent; a guy auburn actually has a real shot at holding onto, even more so than lawson i would say.

the one recruiting guru who said it was nearly a done deal that dee liner was going to flip to bama (who the crazies on here jumped all over. you know the crazies: that small group of AE members who attack ANYONE who would dare report news that is/would be bad for auburn) has also said Auburn is still a strong contender for Foster.

Stop worrying everyone. I mean, it will definitely not be cool if we lose ALL three of the big 3 (DL, RF, CL). BUT, i personally think this class will do big things. and that jeremy johnson is a heck of a QB recruit who has a great chance to not only play, but start this fall. i saw what Coach Malzahn did with Chris Todd and a very average (in terms of talent) auburn team in 2009.

I believe Auburn holds onto at least one of the big 3 (and it looks like it'll most likely be ONLY one), but still comes away with a top 20 class, which will be a great success considering the circumstances.

further, i really don't think an older, more mature Ben Bradley is a bad consolation prize in lieu of Liner.

Laughing? Looks more like youre crying your eyes out. For the record I'm not defending losing. I DO however believe there is more to a football player than his (star) rating. But, you go on being infinitely pessimistic, I'm done arguing over your crying. WDE

I agree that its important to find good in all situations, but we cant keep telling ourselves its okay not to sign top rated players if we want to win multiple championships.

Am I the only one who is breathing a sigh of relief over Liner. He's been tripping since the Alabama-Mississippi All Star game. We have 4-stars on the D-line that only need development. We got Big Ben and I'm sure if we focus on the talent within and win, we'll catch the next one. IMHO, Liner is a has a high risk/reward. He's either going to excel like Yeldon or disappear like Calloway.

I will give him credit for not doing this on signing day or pulling another yeldon. At least we have a little time to work on a replacement now (Montravious Adams)

that would be nice, but i dunno if adams is a real possibility from what i've read.

reuben foster. that's the man i'd love to hold onto (and the one i think we have the most realistic shot of keeping considering his family lives in auburn). that's a guy i think has first round NFL talent; a guy auburn actually has a real shot at holding onto, even more so than lawson i would say.

the one recruiting guru who said it was nearly a done deal that dee liner was going to flip to bama (who the crazies on here jumped all over. you know the crazies: that small group of AE members who attack ANYONE who would dare report news that is/would be bad for auburn) has also said Auburn is still a strong contender for Foster.

Stop worrying everyone. I mean, it will definitely not be cool if we lose ALL three of the big 3 (DL, RF, CL). BUT, i personally think this class will do big things. and that jeremy johnson is a heck of a QB recruit who has a great chance to not only play, but start this fall. i saw what Coach Malzahn did with Chris Todd and a very average (in terms of talent) auburn team in 2009.

I believe Auburn holds onto at least one of the big 3 (and it looks like it'll most likely be ONLY one), but still comes away with a top 20 class, which will be a great success considering the circumstances.

further, i really don't think an older, more mature Ben Bradley is a bad consolation prize in lieu of Liner.

Hate it and especially being an Auburn fan. Given the job ahead we need everyone we sign to 100% into Auburn and turning the program around. Good luck to Dee except when we play him.

War Eagle !

Glad the drama is over with this one. It didn't seem right for some time. In this case, the obvious answer was the correct one. We'll rebound nicely. WDE to those who actually wanna play for the O&B.

I want a DT that wants to be here..im not wishing liner anything..verbal commitments mean zero..Liner should have done this sooner.he handled the process well....hahahaha

If AU did not learn this after Cyrus and classless Yeldon, AU fans will never learn.

"Classless" Yeldon has a championship ring. Is he really that bad of a guy because he picked a school that won a NC versues a school that won 3 games? Use logical sense please.

You should not post on situations when you obviously do not know what you are talking about... This is a recruiting forum, not a football forum. This is about Yeldon as a former AU commit, recruit, and what he did to wreck us.

Kind of the worst kept secret in this recruiting cycle,I felt like today would be the day it would break,just from reading between the lines from some of our posters.

God bless Dee,hope you have a happy life.

It is what it is. We will reap our benefits in the classes to come with the all star recruiting line up that CGM has assembled.

War Eagle!!

SIAP But Dee and Auburn have moved on so can we move this thread on to the Rivals page?

Why? Maybe he re-commits to AU.

Nope. He and our coaches have moved on. Our coaches called his bluff today.

Archived