One week from today

Tigermike

National Signing Day is on Wednesday, February 1, 2012

AUBURN currently has 10 commitments who do you think they will fill out this class with?

TEN from this list would be great:

Ronald Darby - CB

link

Stefon Diggs - WR

link

Eddie Goldman - DT

link

Avery Young - OL

link

Jordan Diamond - OL

link

Cordarrelle Patterson - WR

link

Kwon Alexander - LB

link

Leonard Williams - DE

link

Arik Armstead - DE or OT

link

Deon Bush - S

link

Ricardo Louis - WR

link

Jordan Moore - WR

link

Getting ten commits from that list on signing day is a tall order. Getting half is fantastic. We do not need to be filling all ten next wed. We need people to commit this weekend, at least to the coaches. By having so many slots the recruits do not feel any pressure to pull the trigger. The believe they can wait to the last moment.

I hope I am wrong but our situation is not good with so many open slots.

We don't have 10 commitments, we have 15. We have ten slots available.

Thank you Mr. Obvious.

Yes I did reverse the numbers.

I don't think we have ten slots available. I'm pretty sure Jay Prosch counts toward our 25.

I would add Menelik Watson (OT) to that list.

If we bring in, nine guys from that group; that would be phenominal.

My wish list: two OLs (Young, Diamond, or Watson), two WRs (Diggs, Louis, Patterson, or an unknown), one LB (Alexander), two DLs (Armstead and Williams), and two DBs (Moore, Darby, Bush, or an unknown).

Personal gut feeling, we're not going to pull Patterson, Goldman, Darby, Bush or Louis. I'm still hopeful on Diggs and Armstead. Two of the three OL on that list would be great (and possible), and I think Moore, Alexander, and Williams are our's to lose. If we somehow get a waiver for Armond, that would be a big boost for this year.

We have 11 commitments and five early enrolees for a total of 16. (the fifth enrolee is the transfer from Illinois and yes he counts against the 25 limit). So we have nine slots left.

Need a very good LB but I'm not sold on Alexander liking Auburn. If not Alexander, there doesn't seem to be another one in our sights. B. Brown from Russelville has showed back up in AU discussions but only because he wants to play RB. If he wanted to be a LB ok, but RB is a position where we don't need another signee.

Need a couple of linemen on each side of the ball.

Need at least one more outstanding WR prospect.

Could use a decent QB prospect and a decent DB prospect.

Players that would solve most of this are listed above, how many we get is the key.

Stefon Diggs - WR

Avery Young - OL

Kwon Alexander - LB

Leonard Williams - DE

Deon Bush - S

Ricardo Louis - WR

Jordan Moore - WRDB

I think this is how we end. Take it for what it's worth, $.001 :lol:

I must admit I look at our current Team ranking around #20 and get discouraged. However, this is not the first rodeo for our coaching staff. They must have some silent commitments or they would have some 3 star kids committed in those spots. I'm looking forward to some big surprises on signing day. I think we will end up in the top 10 and maybe top five.

Archived