Jonathan Wallace

TexasTiger

Stats are pretty good. Anyone see him play?

JONATHONWALLACE1_150_6_6.JPG

Jonathan Wallace, QB

Phenix City, AL

6'2 / 203 / 4.83

Offers: Alcorn State, Arkansas State, Florida International, Jacksonville State, Kent State, Memphis, Middle Tennessee State, Northern Illinois, South Alabama, Southern Miss, UCF and Western Kentucky, among others.

Barrett Trotter but not as fleet of foot as Barrett. On the positive side, we had a need for another QB in this class. The guy can play but he's really, really raw.

Barrett Trotter but not as fleet of foot as Barrett. On the positive side, we had a need for another QB in this class. The guy can play but he's really, really raw.

Seriously? He must be one of the slowest QBs ever, hope he's got a damn good arm.

He doesn't look all that slow to me. He has better than average speed and a great desire to be at Auburn. That's good enough for me. Welcome Mr. Wallace! WDE!!

He doesn't look all that slow to me. He has better than average speed and a great desire to be at Auburn. That's good enough for me. Welcome Mr. Wallace! WDE!!

I'm definitely glad we were able to get Wallace to flip from UCF but a 4.83 40 time is certainly not better than average speed. He is a better than average high school QB, a solid college prospect and we needed him on the team. He's a good pickup, just not a fast one.

I'm definitely glad we were able to get Wallace to flip from UCF but a 4.83 40 time is certainly not better than average speed. He is a better than average high school QB, a solid college prospect and we needed him on the team. He's a good pickup, just not a fast one.

Didn't say he was fast. Just by looking at his highlight film he appears to have good enough speed for a QB. You don't need to be lightning quick. I have doubts about 4.83. He looks a bit faster than that. I don't believe everything I read on rivals...

Didn't say he was fast. Just by looking at his highlight film he appears to have good enough speed for a QB. You don't need to be lightning quick. I have doubts about 4.83. He looks a bit faster than that. I don't believe everything I read on rivals...

Scout says 4.6.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=5167769

Who knows? What we do know was that he was an effective runner and that quickness is more important than 40 speed for most dual threat QBs. Kid looks pretty good. Maybe Loeffler can mold him into a major contributor, or at least a solid back up. We needed another scholarship QB and he looks to be as good as any that were available late.

Scout says 4.6.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=5167769

Who knows? What we do know was that he was an effective runner and that quickness is more important than 40 speed for most dual threat QBs. Kid looks pretty good. Maybe Loeffler can mold him into a major contributor, or at least a solid back up. We needed another scholarship QB and he looks to be as good as any that were available late.

That 4.6 sounds about right. Glad we signed him.

College 40 times are done on cinder tracks in sprinters cleats w/out pads. Not applicable at all to the playing field, just a bizarre measuring stick that somehow made it's way into college football lore. How many plays go for 40 yds anyway.

Welcome, Jonathan. Tom Brady was 5th string most of his first year @ Michigan and was only drafted by New England in the 6th round b/c they made the rare decison of wanting a 4th string QB on the roster the year he was drafed.

He seems like a good kid. He had success at the highest level of high school football in Alabama. We had an open spot for a QB on the roster. He wants to be at Auburn.

That is good enough for me. :au:

Hoke said today his coach gave him a run and a pass play each down and let him decide which to run. Kid is football smart. He'll score football points. He might not play qb but he's one of those kids who'll find his way on the field and do good things.

I coached against this kid this year. His being listed as 4.8 is a suprise to me. He definately looked faster in the game. He runs more than adequate to play the position. He has a good arm. He throws the out route to the field very well. Is tough to get down and has good balance. To me he may not be prototypical but has the tools. I would expect that CSL has the ability to get this kid to perform well in the QB position. I don't think he had many 3* or higher guys to work with at Temple. The best part about this kid to me is if he does not work out at QB, I can see him being able to play several other positions on both sides of the ball.

I was told that the reason for timing a player's time for the 40 yd. is because the average punt is 40 yards. This gives them an idea of how quick someone gould get downfield on punt coverage.

Anyone else heard this?

Archived