Auburn Signs Juco Forward

Auburn has signed JUCO forward Sharief Adamu out of Georgia Perimeter College. He is 6'8", 223 lbs but has not distinguished himsel at anything close to SEC level of play. Looks like a desperation move to me. I hate to see us go heavy with the JUCO route period let along with marginal players. And three of our current six signees are JUUOs. Doesn't make me optimistic about real improvement in our basketball program.

At this point, they need (big) bodies just to practice . . .

Yep. I think this guy was signed because we had a vacancy and need more guys available in practice. May is too late to expect to find a genuine prospect out there, they've all signed with somebody before now.

Like I mentioned back during the season. Barbee has not had enough time to make full judgement on him. But so far, there has been very little to feel good about.

I agree it is still early in his tenure, but I have to be honest things look bad for next year and the following.

I want to tend to disagree. The recruiting class coming in is pretty stacked. Was on the ESPN recruiting for basketball and didn't realize the star power of the incoming players. We'll see.

I agree it is still early in his tenure, but I have to be honest things look bad for next year and the following.

I want to tend to disagree. The recruiting class coming in is pretty stacked. Was on the ESPN recruiting for basketball and didn't realize the star power of the incoming players. We'll see.

Not being a debbie downer but it seems like "the next class is going to be great" for some time. Not just a Barbee thing but for years and years. Color me skeptical.

Granted, Auburn's basketball program has never had a class of this caliber come in in a verrrry long time.

Yep. I think this guy was signed because we had a vacancy and need more guys available in practice. May is too late to expect to find a genuine prospect out there, they've all signed with somebody before now.

I rarely post on this site anymore but then just dont sign anybody. Go under scholarship and get a better player next year. Barbee has done nothing to lead me to believe he is the answer either. The state of AU basketball is very discouraging as is the constant attrition.

1337873930[/url]' post='809537']
1336621850[/url]' post='808290']
1336599303[/url]' post='808239']

I rarely post on this site anymore .

And we are all thankful for that!

Archived