2015 4* JUCO ATH Jason Smith recommits to AU!

RunInRed

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So is Jason our 2nd QB for the 2015 clas that the coaches wanted? If they get another than that sums up what Smiths shot at QB.

Looking at all the other offers we've put out, I don't think we're counting Jason as a QB. He'll get a shot but he's already talked about moving to receiver or wherever else he's needed.

I'm sure he'll be a 4* eventually. Did he redshirt last fall or will he sit out this coming season as he gets ready (hopefully) to come to Auburn Jan. 2015?

So is Jason our 2nd QB for the 2015 clas that the coaches wanted? If they get another than that sums up what Smiths shot at QB.

No. We recruited him as we did in high school. As an Athlete with a shot at QB.

I'm sure he'll be a 4* eventually. Did he redshirt last fall or will he sit out this coming season as he gets ready (hopefully) to come to Auburn Jan. 2015?

RSed last fall. Will be MGCC's starting QB in 2014.

Scout now shows him on our 2014 list with no rating?

Scout has a blunder like that every year. Another in the long list of reasons to not even look at their stuff.

Scout now shows him on our 2014 list with no rating?

Scout has a blunder like that every year. Another in the long list of reasons to not even look at their stuff.

Nice to see you around E. I thought you had bailed for good. This board has a chance yet.

• 2 weeks later...

E - when you say he'll get looked at for QB, is there a legit shot here, or is it more a "shot" he's going to get?

E - when you say he'll get looked at for QB, is there a legit shot here, or is it more a "shot" he's going to get?

JMO, I do not think Jason gets a shot at QB at AU anymore. Not with Queen, White, JJ, and another being recruited. I think he will play the Louis/Bray position. I think Jason will be a heck of a player for us. He has too much talent not to see the field and I think the staff likes to get the difference makers on the field at the same time. It gives our opponents a lot to have to think about.

I expect Smith and Truitt to both get immediate opportunities on STs and sparingly in the slot. Next year, the level of 2 deep talent will be pretty impressive across the board.

JMO, I do not think Jason gets a shot at QB at AU anymore. Not with Queen, White, JJ, and another being recruited. I think he will play the Louis/Bray position. I think Jason will be a heck of a player for us. He has too much talent not to see the field and I think the staff likes to get the difference makers on the field at the same time. It gives our opponents a lot to have to think about.

If he does well this fall, he'll get a shot. NM has made sure of that. He may also end up as a wildcat QB that also plays receiver.

id be shocked if he was in our QB rotation with what we will have coming in. i see him as a slot WR all the way

Alot will come down to whether we sign a second QB in this class. I know we are looking to, but it will have to be an elite kid. The one thing that I am sure of is that he will play wherever he can help us win. I don't think he cares so much as he just wants to play I'm sure. IYAM he will play WR/Slot unless we have unforseen issues.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My guess is that he will actually get a fair shot at QB especially if he will be here for spring practice then if he doesnt win the job will get moved to WR. not sure what position he is playing at JUCO but i know he still works out with a very popular QB coach in the mobile area David Morris so he is obviously being told he will get a fair shot at the job

He is starting QB for MGCCC, and I don't know if you guys have seen him lately but he is in tremendous shape. He looks like he has put on a few pounds and he is ripped!

New 5 article in Mobile stating he was just arrested for marijuana possession and 2 counts of eluding police. I can believe these young guys have everything going for them and then they throw it all away for what? DRUGS!!!

Archived