2015 4* JUCO ATH Jason Smith recommits to AU!

RunInRed

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CGM is probably going to have to make an example out of someone sooner or later. Too early to tell if this is the right time or place. In the mean time we pray for Jason and his family.

No solid evidence but being from mobile and having tons of friends that went to McGill this has been popping up on my facebook and someone said that they talked to JS's uncle and that Jason was in the passenger seat and the weed was found on the driver and the driver was the one the that was obviously driving from the cops so hopefully all of his charges will be dropped and he will be cleared of all wrong doing. If this is the case I hope we dont drop him from the class and instead just keep him under a close eye once he gets on campus like we are doing with KB.

No solid evidence but being from mobile and having tons of friends that went to McGill this has been popping up on my facebook and someone said that they talked to JS's uncle and that Jason was in the passenger seat and the weed was found on the driver and the driver was the one the that was obviously driving from the cops so hopefully all of his charges will be dropped and he will be cleared of all wrong doing. If this is the case I hope we dont drop him from the class and instead just keep him under a close eye once he gets on campus like we are doing with KB.

If this is true it is deja vu all over again as in Bessert.

Sounds like these kids need to cut ties with former friends still hanging around their hometown. Time to realize that if you work hard enough and give up the bs, you could make potentially millions either coaching or playing. Unbelievable.

Man, I hope this is true...

I do, too. But someone needs to talk with these kids about who they hang with. Be smart, y'all!

I do, too. But someone needs to talk with these kids about who they hang with. Be smart, y'all!

I agree completely but you also have to remember that these kids that are hanging out with guys that arent the guys they should be hanging out with most of the times have been friends for as long as they remember. Its easy to look at it from the outside and say they shouldnt be friends with them but think back to when you were 18-20 and think about how hard it would be to tell your best friends that you can no longer be friends. and after you do that who would you start to hangout with then? you had hungout with the same people forever and finding new people to hangout with would be hard especially when you dont want to be hanging out with people that are only hanging out with you because you have a chance to make it to the NFL.

also we dont know how much weed they were caught with. In KB's case thats a ton of weed and you cant make an argument that they weren't trying to deal it. If Jason and his friend were caught with a small amount then that doesn't necessarily make either one of them bad people. Yes its illegal but its not harmful, not addictive and is legal is multiple state and will soon be legal everywhere. In my opinion it would be like being caught with alcohol during the prohibition era, its legal but not something that most people aren't doing anyway.

I guess I worded it a little wrong. It's not that you have to cut ties with them, just inform them that you are trying to do bigger things with your life and if there is anything that would prohibit that from happening, you'd rather not be around them at that certain time.

I am hoping this is Bessent #2. Jason has wanted to come to AU for years. He has stayed committed to us. This kind of incident has certainly taught him a lesson. I think he will be a good AU player and man, if we give him the chance.

Hearing about the same thing but the biggest problem with all of this is Smith tried to run from the police. Everyone just needs to sit back and see how this unfolds.

• 4 months later...

Highlights from MGCCC'S win over Northeast Mississippi last night:

@PerkSID

Read about MGCCC'S 41-8 win over Northeast here: LINK

@CregStephenson

#Auburn commits Jason Smith, Tony Bridges both came up big for @MGCCCBulldogs tonight in 41-8 win | LINK

@CregStephenson

Auburn commit Tony Bridges just ran a punt back for a TD for MGCCC. Auburn commit Jason Smith has 1 rushing TD, 1 passing TD.

@DougBarber2

Halftime - MGCCC 41, Northeast 0; new QB Jason Smith the real deal @sunherald #shscores

Jason Smith dropped in two beautiful balls for touchdowns. Quality opponent or not, those two were on the money. What was his completion percentage?

Jason Smith dropped in two beautiful balls for touchdowns. Quality opponent or not, those two were on the money. What was his completion percentage?

9 of 13 so about 68%

I hope to see Bessent and Smith will be playing for us next year.

Bessent is already on the team.

Archived