2015 4* JUCO ATH Jason Smith recommits to AU!

RunInRed

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see Gus using the players available in the best possible way. I doubt it matters if someone is new or if they were All-American last year. If someone is going to give us a better chance to win then that is who will play. Jason Smith is an incredible athlete and until he shows up nobody knows for sure what position he plays. I do know that it will be wherever Gus feels is best for the team.

I see Gus using the players available in the best possible way. I doubt it matters if someone is new or if they were All-American last year. If someone is going to give us a better chance to win then that is who will play. Jason Smith is an incredible athlete and until he shows up nobody knows for sure what position he plays. I do know that it will be wherever Gus feels is best for the team.

That is the great thing about Gus is that he will find a way to utilize any and all talent at the right time to benefit the team, keeping the team mentality. Unity.

• 1 month later...

He's been in JUCO and unless he can graduate by December he won't be here then. JUCO players MUST graduate to be eligible. If he makes it then he'll have three years to play three since he redshirted this JUCO season. If he qualifies to enroll early, he can count back on the 2014 class.

We currently have 5 slots for early guys but that number could go down if we sign more players between now and May. The signing period which started today lasts until May 29.

He's been in JUCO and unless he can graduate by December he won't be here then. JUCO players MUST graduate to be eligible. If he makes it then he'll have three years to play three since he redshirted this JUCO season. If he qualifies to enroll early, he can count back on the 2014 class.

We currently have 5 slots for early guys but that number could go down if we sign more players between now and May. The signing period which started today lasts until May 29.

Thanks for that. Is there any chance we will pick up more guys before May?

Thanks for that. Is there any chance we will pick up more guys before May?

Sounds like it's possible we pickup a guy like Lorenzo Fields. I'd be really surprised if we signed more than 1-2 more this class.

Has he been in prep school and if so does that mean he will have 4 years to play at AU?

He is in juco not Prep. Same school as Dook and Moncrief were in. Jason redshirted this year so he will have 3 to play 3. Per Free posts by Bryan Matthews we are syill recruiting Jason as we did before, as an ATH with a shot at QB. Jason will play QB for MGCCC in 2014.

And to update this Mikey was right to stick to his guns. Bryan Matthews has changed his tune and also says we could only count 3 of the 5 EEs from this class back to 2013. There is one more thing that can affect our 25 number for this and next year. If the Texas Tech transfer Chase Robison gets a scholly this semester as was reported to be expected , he counts to the 25 initial counter limit for 2014. That will put us at 21 for 2014 and would result in 4 EEs from 2015 being able to count back to 2014. If he gets a scholly this summer, fall, or next January then he can be 1 of 5 that can count back to 2014.

In case anyone is wondering this has already happened with the new rule. Corey Grants transferred as a walk on. Since he was given a scholly before he finished 2 years at Auburn he had to count on a 25 initial counter list when he was put on scholly which I believe was the 2012 class..

I read that article and I have to say, it sure is refreshing to read about a guy with such a good attitude. I loved his line..."I would like to play QB but if i get there and someone is better than me and beats me out, I'll be happy to play slot receiver or anywhere else I can help the team win." I really hope things come together for this kid and he makes his way to Auburn because I believe he will be a big asset to the program.

I read that article and I have to say, it sure is refreshing to read about a guy with such a good attitude. I loved his line..."I would like to play QB but if i get there and someone is better than me and beats me out, I'll be happy to play slot receiver or anywhere else I can help the team win." I really hope things come together for this kid and he makes his way to Auburn because I believe he will be a big asset to the program.

I agree. He will be a good Auburn man.

I'll be absolutely thrilled if he makes it back here. Hopefully he keeps his head in the books and does everything he needs to in order to finish by December.

Jason is an easy guy to like and obviously wants to be at AU- has a boatload of talent to boot. I'll take a guy like this all day long.

The time he spends at JUCO can only help him; causing him to be a better player and team leader.

True. But it's also two years that he won't be at Auburn learning the system, getting to know his way around and possibly helping us win games.

The time he spends at JUCO can only help him; causing him to be a better player and team leader.

True. But it's also two years that he won't be at Auburn learning the system, getting to know his way around and possibly helping us win games.

And nobody feels worse about that than Jason.

Archived