Shon Coleman update

Jonesy

Look, let's all take a trip to Chillville.

The MAYOR and ST both think he comes to AU.

(1) SC has said that he wanted to take all of his visits.  He gets free stuff and has lots of fun.  He gets to see places he otherwise wouldn't get to see.

(2) SC said he was 100% Auburn.

(3) SC trusts our coaching staff.  They were the ones that got him press.  You have to remember that he used to be a three star.  We took a chance, offered him, and his stock has risen.

(4) Bammers don't need him.  He  knows this.  They have an army of offensive lineman--he will be just like 75% of the others--somebody has to warm the bench (there's no way a true freshman plays over junior/seniors).

(5) The Miami visit will erase any memories of cracktown (oops, i mean ttown)

(6) We don't have any actual quotes from SC, so beware of bammers.  They will do anything to demoralize Auburn fans.  They are jealous and make stuff up.  A lot of things said on this thread sound like flames.  Remember, bama has had an offer on the table for months.  Don't believe the crap that it wasn't commitable until now.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Jonesy is on top of it like I said earlier in this thread, and is a great poster. He knows what he's talking about...However, like I've said many times, I think Shon is just enjoying the courtship and the recruiting process and on signing day he'll ink with AU. Just my opinion and I could be wrong, but that's what I think.

I think he inks with Auburn too. I've even said that multiple times, I don't know where we disagree at. I think it's more accurate that Shon told the Alabama coaches that he would be interested in playing there rather than Shon saying something along the lines of "If I had an offer I would take it and sign with Alabama".

Look, let's all take a trip to Chillville.

The MAYOR and ST both think he comes to AU.

(1) SC has said that he wanted to take all of his visits.  He gets free stuff and has lots of fun.  He gets to see places he otherwise wouldn't get to see.

(2) SC said he was 100% Auburn.

(3) SC trusts our coaching staff.  They were the ones that got him press.  You have to remember that he used to be a three star.  We took a chance, offered him, and his stock has risen.

(4) Bammers don't need him.  He  knows this.  They have an army of offensive lineman--he will be just like 75% of the others--somebody has to warm the bench (there's no way a true freshman plays over junior/seniors).

(5) The Miami visit will erase any memories of cracktown (oops, i mean ttown)

(6) We don't have any actual quotes from SC, so beware of bammers.  They will do anything to demoralize Auburn fans.  They are jealous and make stuff up.  A lot of things said on this thread sound like flames.  Remember, bama has had an offer on the table for months.  Don't believe the crap that it wasn't commitable until now.

HaHa...Isn't Chillville a wonderful place?  :laugh::thumbsup:

Big difference, you know?

I know Jonesy is on top of it like I said earlier in this thread, and is a great poster. He knows what he's talking about...However, like I've said many times, I think Shon is just enjoying the courtship and the recruiting process and on signing day he'll ink with AU. Just my opinion and I could be wrong, but that's what I think.

I think he inks with Auburn too. I've even said that multiple times, I don't know where we disagree at. I think it's more accurate that Shon told the Alabama coaches that he would be interested in playing there rather than Shon saying something along the lines of "If I had an offer I would take it and sign with Alabama".

I'm with you. I just worded my post funny. I think we've been agreeing the whole time. My bad homey!

I think if he does indeed go on his visit to Miami he is still wide open with a slight AU lead. If he decides not go to the U then we most assuredly lost him to the turds, IMO. Has anybody heard if he is still going? The last i heard is that he is.

I think if he does indeed go on his visit to Miami he is still wide open with a slight AU lead. If he decides not go to the U then we most assuredly lost him to the turds, IMO. Has anybody heard if he is still going? The last i heard is that he is.

I agree with you on this. Saban would probably want some kind of reassurance that he wasn't going to flip again. Shon agreeing not to go to Miami would probably be the best reassurance he could hope for.

I agree with you on this. Saban would probably want some kind of reassurance that he wasn't going to flip again. Shon agreeing not to go to Miami would probably be the best reassurance he could hope for.

yall are probably right

FWIW, a long-time poster on SCOUT now claims the coaches have just spoken with Shon and he is still committed to AU- Maybe UAT is getting the Maryland OT and only offered a conditional greyshirt??

I know I should remember this since I believe this was a point of a little contention when Kiffen was at UT but, can our coaches contact a recruit while they are at another insitution on an official visit?

I can't believe how everybody thinks :devil: can just waive a magic wand and Shon is under his spell or something, geez gimme a break! I mean ok he can coach and recruit, but why is everybody buying into the notion that Shon has been one of AU's first committs while all along waiting on an official to turdville? :banghead:

:timeout::pcprobs::zapbama::beatmullet:

I've got it figured out.  He's ours.  The dots run through Nashville .    ST, do you know what I'm talking about?  If you don't, I'm wrong because I yield to you.

I don't keep up with "turd crutin" but help me understand..........  Does Saban and co really have a 5* OL on campus who wants to commit to uat and they don't have room for him???   This is a man who took Petey Smith just to keep him from Auburn and then greyshirted him.   I hope Shon signs with Auburn and if he does then he CHOSE Auburn.  uat did not all of a sudden find some integrity and decide not to offer him because they made a promise to lesser player 6 months ago.  

I will say this, that if Alabama doesn't sign Coleman we are going to have some great BOL stories/nuggets that I will be posting after signing day.  Arrogant is an understatement.  Those guys are a trip.

If I played water polo and I was the greatest water polo player of all time and saban was coached the only water polo team I was allowed to play for I would choose to live the rest of my days in a cardboard box. That is all.

If I played water polo and I was the greatest water polo player of all time and saban was coached the only water polo team I was allowed to play for I would choose to live the rest of my days in a cardboard box. That is all.

Ditto

This is awesome.  I've been waiting for a water polo analogy to come along.  Well done!!  :yay: :yay:

21.gifsAng_angry3.gif          sSc_boxedin.gif I would choose the box too.

Archived