Shon Coleman update

Jonesy

I am amazed by the number of people who dont get it about ol Taterhead. :dunno:

Yup!  Me too!  Tater loves to stir up chaos and sensationalize any story concerning Auburn.

Case in point:  Tate was "intrigued" by the rumor that Tommy Thigpen was headed to Florida after being contacted and wooed by Urban Meyer back in December....this was 2 weeks before Urban announced his leave of absence.  

Tate feeds off of negative Auburn stories....take any negative story concerning AU from his blog with a grain of salt.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone gop to the scout article Jay Gate is referring to and elaborate please.

Both Shon Coleman and Jeffrey Whitaker were in Miami this weekend. This writer has it second hand that a scout reporter asked a Miami commit what he thought about Whitaker and Coleman. The commit supposedly said Auburn would be happy with Whitaker's decision and not so happy about Coleman's. He did not write more as he soid it was the property of Scout.

It seemed a lot like a sales gimmick for Scout to me. At best it is third hand information from a less than credible source.

Jeffrey Whitaker -- "He liked it too but I think he's going to Auburn."

Shon Coleman -- "I didn't talk to him much. I think he's going to Alabama."

Can someone gop to the scout article Jay Gate is referring to and elaborate please.

Both Shon Coleman and Jeffrey Whitaker were in Miami this weekend. This writer has it second hand that a scout reporter asked a Miami commit what he thought about Whitaker and Coleman. The commit supposedly said Auburn would be happy with Whitaker's decision and not so happy about Coleman's. He did not write more as he soid it was the property of Scout.

It seemed a lot like a sales gimmick for Scout to me. At best it is third hand information from a less than credible source.

Thank you Alabama Paper I appreciate the info

Just read this one on the BOL:

Apparently McCready is now hearing that Shon Coleman feels Bama has too many lineman.

If you'll remember, 2 days ago McCready said he was 90% certain that Coleman would sign with Alabama.  What a canoe of douchery!

Our coaches would not recruit Shon Colemon, and we wouldn't stick with him for this long, if he didn't have the sense not to go to Bama where he will be a backup untill junior or senior year. Shon Colemon will wear orange and blue on saturdays, and stick to hiws word. Who would give up an opportunity to block for Dyer, Newton, Mccalebb, and possibly lattimore? If he is not smart enough to see through Sabans lies, then i dont want him to be an Auburn Tiger. :zapbama:

After watching that women's game vs. UGA, I'm convinced that IF things fall through with Mr. Coleman, Keke Carrier should get a shot on our OL.

FWIW, I like Tate's blog. He's not an Auburn fan but he's no Bammer, that's for sure. I like the objectivism...occasionally.

Jeffrey Whitaker -- "He liked it too but I think he's going to Auburn."

Shon Coleman -- "I didn't talk to him much. I think he's going to Alabama."

I agree, Shon is going to Alabama........ Auburn, Alabama that is. :thumbsup:

Tate truly dislikes Finebum, that's all I need to know...

and he is a great writer

If he dislikes Finescum he can't be all bad. Maybe he just doesn't know very much.

If you want things to be all sunshine and sugarcoated... don't read Tate's blog.  He's not an AU fan.  But, he despises bammers.  He isn't going to spin something positively or negatively towards AU... he just gives an objective viewpoint.

He's opinionated, which makes it interesting to read.  Andy Bitter isn't much different, but people don't blast him like they do Tate for some reason.  

The Thigpen to UF stuff referenced a few posts back... it was intriguing, based on the definition of intrigue.  

Just read this one on the BOL:

Apparently McCready is now hearing that Shon Coleman feels Bama has too many lineman.

Oh yeah, you haven't heard the latest Turd spin?  According to a poster on TigerDroppings, Shon really wants to go to Bama, but they have "too many linemen" and will sign with Auburn "by default".

Sounds like they are setting up for the big turd letdown.

How long has Coleman been committed to us now? 

Shon's FB status updated 3 seconds ago says " So Wednesday I'm supposed to make the biggest decision of my life...."

Thought he already did....

Guest War Eagle 29

All I know is that the young man himself said 2 weeks ago that he was 100% committed to Auburn. However, he certainly has the right to change his mind about such a big decision in his life. Yes, I would like to see him on the Plains, but if he chooses elsewhere to play his college football, I wish him the best.

I live in MGM and have read most of what JG Tate has written about AU for quite a while. My take is he is a bamzo and hates his assignment as a beat writer for AU. Very, very seldom does he take a positive slant on anything Auburn. The few times he has had to write anything vaguely complimentary about AU, it has been short and very forced. Just my opinion.    

i couldn't disagree more.  but an opinion is an opinion.

Sure he's not an Auburn fan but his reporting is always objective.  He would much rather cover international soccer, horse racing or at the very least Kentucky football.  He is by no means an Auburn homer and just tells it like it is, whether it be good or bad.

He is a reporter and will report on the stories that we get people to read.  It is also his duty to keep us informed.  I would think much less of him if he DIDN'T report on the negative Auburn stories.

Your last sentence tells me you obvioulsy did not read the Cam Newton article he recently published.

Shon's FB status updated 3 seconds ago says " So Wednesday I'm supposed to make the biggest decision of my life...."

Thought he already did....

Seriously, it's a tongue in cheek comment IMO.

I am amazed by the number of people who dont get it about ol Taterhead. :dunno:

Yup!  Me too!  Tater loves to stir up chaos and sensationalize any story concerning Auburn.

Case in point:  Tate was "intrigued" by the rumor that Tommy Thigpen was headed to Florida after being contacted and wooed by Urban Meyer back in December....this was 2 weeks before Urban announced his leave of absence.  

Tate feeds off of negative Auburn stories....take any negative story concerning AU from his blog with a grain of salt.

This underscores the reason I don't like the Montgomery Advertiser: their "best" journalists are in the sports section, and those guys are journalists to the extreme. I mean, in fairness, they are writing to make a living, which is why they stir the pot as much as they do, but it's all the more reason why I write for Auburn Eagle instead of the Montgomery Advertiser. Here we do this just because we love Auburn. I can assure you from personal experience that the guys at the Advertiser have no love for Auburn whatsoever.

I've read Jay Tate's blog for a couple of years and find him to be a very objective reporter. He will tell you quickly that he is not an Auburn fan, no objective reporter should ever be a fan of the school they are covering. If you don't like what he has written, get on his blog and tell him about it; he'll be glad to talk to you.

He was just reporting what another recruit said. I hope the guy was wrong.

I've read Jay Tate's blog for a couple of years and find him to be a very objective reporter. He will tell you quickly that he is not an Auburn fan, no objective reporter should ever be a fan of the school they are covering. If you don't like what he has written, get on his blog and tell him about it; he'll be glad to talk to you.

He was just reporting what another recruit said. I hope the guy was wrong.

The guy said in the interview he had not talked to Shon Coleman much but thought he was going to Alabama. This is not exactly earth shattering news. One teenage young man guessing about another. No where did he say he knew anything.

Archived