Shon Coleman update

Jonesy

I've read Jay Tate's blog for a couple of years and find him to be a very objective reporter. He will tell you quickly that he is not an Auburn fan, no objective reporter should ever be a fan of the school they are covering. If you don't like what he has written, get on his blog and tell him about it; he'll be glad to talk to you.

He was just reporting what another recruit said. I hope the guy was wrong.

You're absolutely right that no objective reporter should be a fan of the school they are covering, but I was not merely referring to Tate, I was talking about the entire staff there. Yes, I have written for the Montgomery Advertiser sports section. And I have gone to his blog and told him exactly what I think of the tactics he uses to get attention (HABOTN is a joke), but that was a long time ago.

And, for the record, the problem I have with journalists is not limited to the Advertiser's sports section. The truth is that there are a couple of good writers there, it's the agenda they push that I take issue with. Whether they slant for or against one team or another is irrelevant; what is relevant is that it's nothing more than a job to them. That does not make them bad people, it simply alters the perspective drastically. The thought goes from, "How can I write a piece that describes the events completely, succinctly, and elegantly?" to "How can I write a piece that is going to stand out enough that people will pay to read it (and make my editor happy)?" In the beginning, it's not such an issue, but the grind wears on you.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm wavering myself on his decision. Everyone keeps saying he'll commit, but every story you read is Alabama.. I'm ready to read ST's Countdown to Signing Day V and see what he has to say.. I would feel a lot better about this if we could have talked to him before dead period. War Eagle.

The "HABOTN" is not a joke. If you don't like it don't read it. He and his followers won't care.

I don't read it. And when I said it's a joke, I didn't mean the content itself was a joke, but rather the name. Self-promotion will get you nowhere with me, and he has never been the best Auburn beat writer in the state.

FACEBOOK STALKER!!!!

Ya'll don't worry.  Regardless of how these last 5 spots fill up, we'll be ok.  Yes there may be more or less icing on the cake, but we've already got a huge ass cake.  

I think it's possible to read too much into that statement.  I think even the players that are firmly committed recognized that on Wed., once they sign, it's a done deal.  That's ultimately when the decision, whether it's made then or was made a year ago, is binding.

I think it's possible to read too much into that statement.  I think even the players that are firmly committed recognized that on Wed., once they sign, it's a done deal.  That's ultimately when the decision, whether it's made then or was made a year ago, is binding.

^^^^^ this

Anticipation.....................its making me wait.

Another song lyric keeps running through my head: "I don't want to take advice from fools, I'll just figure everything is cool... until I hear it from you!"

You guys might as well face reality.  You know Saban has put a bug in his ear and tried to talk him into making a surprise commitment to them on signing day for no other reason than to try and take some wind out of our sails.  It may or may not happen, but look at everyone else we have coming.  We'll be ok.  The sun will come up Thursday morning... all that jazz.

Anticipation.....................its making me wait.

Another song lyric keeps running through my head: "I don't want to take advice from fools, I'll just figure everything is cool... until I hear it from you!"

"Found Out About You"

--Gin Blossoms

I got to see them in concert when they played in Birmingham a couple of years ago, and they were one of, if not the, best acts I've ever seen live. Absolutely outstanding!

$aban wasn't even in town when Coleman visited, right? I thought he was at the Senior Bowl and visiting high schools. If that's true, it doesn't seem like he's too confident in pulling Coleman.

:dunno:

Come on guys.....Shon Coleman will sign his letter of intent this Wednesday, and it will be Auburn. ST needs to wrap up this thread once and for all and call it a day. Enough has been said about this young man. He will not sign with saban at that school or any other SEC school. I have said this numerous times over the past few weeks. Disregard saban and his school; it is pointless for him to waste time bothering this young man in that Mr. Coleman has his mind is made up and he will not waiver from his commitment for saban or any other coach in the SEC. It is a done deal and take it for what it realy is. Lets all take a deep breath and quit speculating about all of the garbage being pumped out by various 3rd rate journalists trying to make something out of what is just not there. Rest well my fellow tigers, we will be in for a great treat this coming Wednesday.

Doc

:zapbama: :zapbama: :party: :party: :devil: :devil: :devil::party: :party:

I agree doc.  Even if he doesn't follow through, we have some stud OL coming and look to have a great class.  Chiz and co. have already proven they can compete with anyone on the recruiting front.  I am looking forward to Wed. and the future of Auburn football.

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

I just saw where the DT from U of Miami that was Shon Coleman and Jeffrey Whitakers host this w/e said he thought Whitaker was all AU but Shon was going to sign with UAT.

The "HABOTN" is not a joke. If you don't like it don't read it. He and his followers won't care.

I don't read it. And when I said it's a joke, I didn't mean the content itself was a joke, but rather the name. Self-promotion will get you nowhere with me, and he has never been the best Auburn beat writer in the state.

What if the name was meant as a joke.

Self-promotion? In what way? Like having a FB fanpage that proclaims "The BEST FREE Auburn Sports Site on the Net."

Archived