Seriously, jay jacobs, seriously?

Auhsv

Being turned down would not surprise me.  New arena not withstanding, let's be honest... this is NOT a prime job, yet.

Hope you're right.  Smokescreen?

I think so, much like when he hired Chizik. He has to do some interviews. Why not do them in Texas so he is close to Barbee who looks like the man he is going after...

Oh I agree this isn't a prime job yet. Don't get me wrong I think it will be in the very near future. It just pains me to watch the days go by and not have anything happen. Especially when a few days ago we were a few days away from announcing Tubby as the new HC. It just makes me wonder.

Hope you're right.  Smokescreen?

I think so, much like when he hired Chizik. He has to do some interviews. Why not do them in Texas so he is close to Barbee who looks like the man he is going after...

It would make sense to me for him to do this ^^^. Especially for travel arrangements.

Oh I agree this isn't a prime job yet. Don't get me wrong I think it will be in the very near future. It just pains me to watch the days go by and not have anything happen. Especially when a few days ago we were a few days away from announcing Tubby as the new HC. It just makes me wonder.

It is possible that JJ is still waiting on a coach in the sweet 16 and has to wait until their season is over.

Well, if the big guns have turned him down, I can see some of the interviews he is making.  I mean Bob Marlin has posted an impressive record at SHSU, but then again it is SHSU.  I will be disappointed if this is the route JJ has to take.

:dunno:

This is from the Charles Goldberg Articl;e on al.com...

Auburn has received permission to interview Sam Houston State coach Bob Marlin, according to Houston television station Fox 26. The Tigers will also interview North Texas coach Johnny Jones. And Texas-El Paso coach Tony Barbee is being considered as well.

He is yet to interview Barbee...

Very true.I hope your right JS.I'm on the Tubby Smith bandwagon and still have hope.I don't see JJ letting up on Tubby.we spent so much on the new arena and I have faith that JJ will pay him enough to get him to Auburn.

Very true.I hope your right JS.I'm on the Tubby Smith bandwagon and still have hope.I don't see JJ letting up on Tubby.we spent so much on the new arena and I have faith that JJ will pay him enough to get him to Auburn.

I am right there with you, brother!

I am still hoping on Tubby.

:wedance:

Yeah.  I don't think it has totally been shot down unless what I'm hearing today about talks heating up with Barbee is an indicator.  I do know that talks have stalled as I posted yesterday.  There are differences that may not be able to be ironed out.  Barbee may be our guy now, who knows?  If so then I would be happy with it.

If the rumor that we are/were interested in Tubby Smith is true, and the rumor that Smith is insisting that his son be named Coach in Waiting is also true, then the rumor that we are moving away from Smith might true as well.

I'd be real happy with Barbee, but who knows where it will end?

Archived