Auburn Hosts South Carolina This Weekend @ Plainsmen Park

I am still not sold on this HC. He did not walk into a terrible situation because Slater did recruit decent kids. How do we measure up ? ASU was #2 (now #1) when we played, but we got swept. OK, so we have a ways to go before getting back in the national scene. UGA was an enjoyable series, but they are terrible. USC may be an SECC contender, but it looks like they have a good chance of a sweep which I find disturbing. Are we even a decent team in the SEC ? I know it is only year #2, but does anyone else here besides me feel we should be showing more progress at this point ? 

War Eagle !

But there is progress. Out pitching has improved drastically from last year. We have 3 or 4 guys that can go out there and pitch good games. Cole Nelson had an outstanding game today but didn't have any run support. This game was disappointing because you could see we were better today we just couldn't come up with the key hit. I was very disturbed by Paw wall's first year but after seeing this team so far I'm sold in the fact I think he can recruit and build a team. Most of the better pitchers are sophomores and freshman. We have also found two solid young players in Justin Bryant and Creede Simpson. When we get Mummey back I think we will have an even more potent lineup. Now if we get swept tomorrow and play poorly against slime then I'll prob start doubting again but I don't think it's gonna happen

I am still not sold on this HC. He did not walk into a terrible situation because Slater did recruit decent kids. How do we measure up ? ASU was #2 (now #1) when we played, but we got swept. OK, so we have a ways to go before getting back in the national scene. UGA was an enjoyable series, but they are terrible. USC may be an SECC contender, but it looks like they have a good chance of a sweep which I find disturbing. Are we even a decent team in the SEC ? I know it is only year #2, but does anyone else here besides me feel we should be showing more progress at this point ? 

War Eagle !

But there is progress. Out pitching has improved drastically from last year. We have 3 or 4 guys that can go out there and pitch good games. Cole Nelson had an outstanding game today but didn't have any run support. This game was disappointing because you could see we were better today we just couldn't come up with the key hit. I was very disturbed by Paw wall's first year but after seeing this team so far I'm sold in the fact I think he can recruit and build a team. Most of the better pitchers are sophomores and freshman. We have also found two solid young players in Justin Bryant and Creede Simpson. When we get Mummey back I think we will have an even more potent lineup. Now if we get swept tomorrow and play poorly against slime then I'll prob start doubting again but I don't think it's gonna happen

I agree this coach in my opinion in on tract and in my opinion ahead of the pace

Archived