Armando Galarraga Perfect Game Attempt

AUtigers2324

After retiring 26 straight batters...In the 9th inning with 2 outs at home in Detroit there was a bang-bang play at first base and the umpire called the runner safe. Watching the replay, the runner was clearly out. This is a terribly awful situation the likes of which I have never seen. The umpire must feel so bad and you gotta feel for Armando Galarraga and the Tigers organization. :'( :'(

Guest Autiger88

The umpire BLEW IT!! What an awful call.. it was an easy call to make too!! Its a perfect game in my book and Bud Selig better go back and rule it a perfect game.

He won't but that Ump hopefully will get fined cause I have never seen a missed call like that. WOW!!! is all I can say. :banghead:>:( :'(

That wasn't really even that close. Unbelievable.  :o

The commissioner needs to come out and call that a perfect game.  I am not a Tigers fan, and that made me want to vomit.  I feel bad for everyone involved including the umpire, and I believe that everyone would be in favor of the commissioner calling it a perfect game. 

The commissioner needs to come out and call that a perfect game.  I am not a Tigers fan, and that made me want to vomit.  I feel bad for everyone involved including the umpire, and I believe that everyone would be in favor of the commissioner calling it a perfect game. 

Thats what i'm hoping will happen. But I doubt it will. Selig would've come out with a statement already. Unfortunately, this might kill both Galarraga's and Joyce's careers.

By the way, did anyone see the runner's reaction?  You could tell that even he was upset with the call.

yeah even the runner knew he was out! he was as stunned as Miguel Cabrera.

By the way, did anyone see the runner's reaction?  You could tell that even he was upset with the call.

What I wanna know is why the runner was trying to beat the throw. If I were him, i woulda taken my time, or fake stumbled haha

Guest Autiger88

What I wanna know is why the runner was trying to beat the throw. If I were him, i woulda taken my time, or fake stumbled haha

You can't do that you still gotta make it look like your trying :laugh::dunno:

Geez, I think before this season started there were only 20 or so perfect games in the HISTORY of MLB. 

Now we (nearly) have 3 in 5 days???    Crazy.

You can't do that you still gotta make it look like your trying :laugh::dunno:

I woulda made the fake stumble look believable then  ;)

As a Tigers fan, I was very proud of the class shown by the team in handling the postgame questions. I also give credit to Joyce (ump) for being a man and admitting he made a mistake. For what it's worth, Selig should rule it a perfect game, but at least the Tigers got a much needed win.

Two things are for sure. 1. That was an absolutely terrible call at the worst possible time. 2. After watching the post game interview, Galarraga is all class.

It was nice to see the ump "man up" and admit he blew it. He almost seemed more upset than Galarraga.

If I'm that batter and my team is about to have a perfect game pitched against them I'm going to get down that line and try to be safe.  Can't fault the runner, he didn't want his team to go down in history as having a perfect game pitched against them.

Don't know how to post a poll, but would like to see how our members feel about: 1) Selig declaring it a perfect game for the record books and, 2) Should a Coach have one challenge/game?

Archived