Armando Galarraga Perfect Game Attempt

AUtigers2324

Good news: MLB is going to review this. We may have a perfect game after all...

Just heard on Sportscenter that they arent changing the call. No perfect game  :'(

Selig is an idiot. I can't believe this.

Unbelievable.  Everyone wanted that to be ruled a perfect game, but the one person with the power to change it chooses not to.  Simply unbelievable.

You guys might hate me for saying this but I think that the call should stand. I know that it was a horrible call but he has to stand by his umpires at all times.

There has been blown calls for over 100 years but this one decided a perfect game. I know it sucks but he made the call. It's baseball.

I believe instant replay in baseball is on it's way though and it should be after this debacle. I feel bad for both the umpire and the pitcher. My stomach turned over when I saw the replay.

WDE

Selig had the power to make this situation better and he chose the another way. Joyce said it is his fault and why not change it? But I have a lot of respect for Galarraga, who was EXTREMELY classy in all of this. There's ONE loser in this situation and that is Selig.  :dunno:

• 1 month later...

Sorry, this is more than an all-star break casualty.

"Since the Perfect Game That Wasn't, Galarraga's made five starts. The Tigers are 4-1 in those games, which is good. Galarraga's got a 6.00 ERA in those games, which is bad. Galarraga struck out seven hitters in those five games, which is (almost) impossible."

WDE

Good observation with the recall. I guess you saw the quality of the other starters in the rotation that I didn't.

Nice.

"The Tigers will have one starter too many, meaning that either Andy Oliver, Rick Porcello, or Galarraga will not remain in the rotation. Oliver is 0-4 with a 7.36 ERA over his first five starts in the big leagues, so he'd seem to be an obvious choice for demotion, despite his obvious talent"

WDE

Archived