USA 1 Ghana 2 FINAL

AUDynasty

we need another one.  i'd be too nervous if it went to penalty kicks.

on the contrary, I think we have the best goalie for this.

You would know a lot better than me so I'll take your word for it.

Man, I didn't realize while watching it that donovan's kick hit the post!!

You would know a lot better than me so I'll take your word for it.

Man, I didn't realize while watching it that donovan's kick hit the post!!

oh yeah, that was sick goal. It's much more fortunate by seeing that Donovan's goal hit the post...

It's Ghana.  While I admire the obvious effort from our team, they have proven yet again why we never win the World Cup.  Our teams just don't perform at that level consistently.  You can't lose games like this and expect to return to a worldly power in any sport.

It's Ghana.  While I admire the obvious effort from our team, they have proven yet again why we never win the World Cup.  Our teams just don't perform at that level consistently.  You can't lose games like this and expect to return to a worldly power in any sport.

Yep.

It's sad that we lost to them.  Although it's incredible to get as far as we did it's an obvious let down to lose to a team that you should have beat.  I feel bad for Coach Bradley though, he'll be fired after the coaching mistakes of this world cup, he was already on the hot seat.

I hate it too.  He seems like a super nice guy.

This is the first world cup I ever took great interest in.  If America participates in any event, I want us to win.  I don't care if its ear wax sculptures or what.  I hope our Futbol team improves.

I really believe that Bob Bradley shouldn't be fired just yet. Was starting Clark and Findley a mistake? Yeah but that was the only major mistake that he really made the whole time. It's clear that he's an incredible motivator as we made strong pushes after halftime to make comebacks. Although this years World Cup was disappointing in a way, it also gives promise to the future. We have some young stars like Altidore and Bradley. I don't know about you but I am SO excited to see this team in the future!!

USA! USA! USA!

Part of me sympathizes with Bradley, but he's been on the hot seat for a while now.  He would have been fired a long time ago if it wasn't for our great run in the Confederations Cup.  USA has given up 8 goals in the last 22 matches in the first 15 minutes of game.  We gave up 3 goals in the first 10 minutes of the game in the past 4 games.  Coming out flat can only  be blamed on coaching for not having them "ready" to play.  And Bradley is known for starting games with poor formation and lineups.  The Ghana game was just the tip on the iceberg.

Personally I don't care if he's fired our not but if he is I wouldn't be surprised

I'm not a soccer expert by any means, nor do I claim to be.

With that being said, the Ghana defense seemed to be shutting down the box. It was frustrating, for me, to watch our guys try to lob pass the ball up on almost every possession. Do we not have any guys that can dribble and make some guys miss? It seemed like Ghana was a lot faster than we were.

Like I said, I don't keep track of the game too much. I played when I was about, I don't know, 9 or so? Back then, everybody just ran after the ball all crazy like.  :laugh:

Archived