2012 5* QB Jameis Winston (FSU signee)

RunInRed

There is also the distinct possibility that JW was given more of an impression of the direction of where the OC search is headed than the questioning fans have been.

This is what I'm thinking. ST knows something, but everything I know about the situation has been posted.

However, a thought that went through my head with regard to how this is playing out: it could be that Chizik knows his OC hire will create enough of a stir that it really doesn't matter when he announces it, so long as he's got a week or so left before NSD. Now, that might not be the case, but it's a possibility at least.

So what your saying is we need to know who to root for to lose in the NFL playoffs this weekend.  :laugh: I would think the Patsies OC is out since he just took the Penn St. job. But if it's the Ravens OC or QB coach I can not pull for them to lose even if it would get us our OC a week earlier. I dislike the New England Patsies that much.

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is also the distinct possibility that JW was given more of an impression of the direction of where the OC search is headed than the questioning fans have been.

This is what I'm thinking. ST knows something, but everything I know about the situation has been posted.

However, a thought that went through my head with regard to how this is playing out: it could be that Chizik knows his OC hire will create enough of a stir that it really doesn't matter when he announces it, so long as he's got a week or so left before NSD. Now, that might not be the case, but it's a possibility at least.

This is the thought I've had red, and am banking on it. 

:wareagle:

I think every AU coach and fan are banking on it.

red, normally i would agree ... quite frankly that is what i thought we were doing with both the oc and dc hires.  but, in hindsight (according to what chizik and bvg said publicly) they talked and agreed on bvg as dc in less than 48 hours after the falcons loss ... if that is true then the dc hire was not "held" to make a splash.

there have been reports that chizik has been interviewing folks.  would he do that if he already had someone in the bag ... unless he simply was using this as an opportunity to get to know some folks for the future or he was considering a seperation between the qb and oc coaches?  or maybe he was doing the interviews as a courtesy to the coaches interested?  i dont know ....

red, my glass half full thoughts are to agree with you.  but, so far everything i have been thinking has been incorrect, at least on the surface.  i think i am batting 0.000 the last 6 months or so!

red, normally i would agree ... quite frankly that is what i thought we were doing with both the oc and dc hires.  but, in hindsight (according to what chizik and bvg said publicly) they talked and agreed on bvg as dc in less than 48 hours after the falcons loss ... if that is true then the dc hire was not "held" to make a splash.

there have been reports that chizik has been interviewing folks.  would he do that if he already had someone in the bag ... unless he simply was using this as an opportunity to get to know some folks for the future or he was considering a seperation between the qb and oc coaches?  or maybe he was doing the interviews as a courtesy to the coaches interested?  i dont know ....

red, my glass half full thoughts are to agree with you.  but, so far everything i have been thinking has been incorrect, at least on the surface.  i think i am batting 0.000 the last 6 months or so!

I didn't mean that the hire was designed to make a splash, only that it did because of the quality coach VanGorder is. I'm beginning to think this one might be as well, though I'd be just as happy with a quality, small time hire to be Co-OC with Luper, so :dunno:

Couldn't agree more, rednilla. I feel that CGC already knows who the OC is and just making sure that the "t" is crossed and the "i" is dotted. Once that is settled then all the offensive recruits (both committed and prospects) will be very happy with the selection. 

I have a funny feeling...and yes, it could be gas.If we make the OC announcement and Jameis likes it, I still think he could be an Auburn Tiger. I'm not crying either way cuz I like our QB future as is but it would be nice to have JW as well.

I have a funny feeling...and yes, it could be gas.If we make the OC announcement and Jameis likes it, I still think he could be an Auburn Tiger. I'm not crying either way cuz I like our QB future as is but it would be nice to have JW as well.

I believe this is a real possibility too....if he like it 50/50, if he loves it  :wareagle:

Does anybody think Trotter's departure helps with Winston? It can't hurt, can it?

Could help if he looks at it as a position on the roster to compete and fill.

Could hurt if he looks at Trotter's decision to leave AU football after only starting 11 games during his entire career at AU.

I guess we'll just have to wait & see.

Hey, aren't we pretty strong with the hot shot QB from Mountgomery for next year?  I'd like to get JW signed

but its not such a big deal IMO.

Hey, aren't we pretty strong with the hot shot QB from Mountgomery for next year?  I'd like to get JW signed

Mountgomery! LMAO!

Yes we are high on Johnson's list as well as Cord Sandberg.

Mountgomery! LMAO!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LauraMcKeeman Laura McKeeman

After officially eliminating #OhioState, Jameis Winston tells me the finalists are #FSU, #Bama, #LSU and MLB. He visits FSU this weekend.

50 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Probably pulling a yeldon

it is obvious why they would want to gig us ... wonder if the rumors of saban/fisher having a falling out would give saban a little "extra" to gig fsu in this most public of ways?  did it recently with the alphonse taylor ...

I don't think Saban is trying to gig FSU, or necessarily us, I think Saban just wants the best players.  If it becomes public knowledge that Yeldon or Winston have flipped, their former school put on full court press and tries to win them back  What they did with Yeldon was a pretty doggone smart tactic, and if the same happens with Winston, it will be a smart move by Saban as well.  Give the guy credit, the way these things have gone down has worked out well for UAT.  I don't like it any more than you do, but if the good guys had orchestreated a flip like this, we'd all be singing their praises.

DISCLAIMER....this post has not taken into consideration any suits, Yukons, homes for relatives, signed jerseys, fishing trips, scholarships for girlfriends, or dinners at hibachi restaurants that might have been provided to said recruits in exchange for commitment. 

I would like to go on record stating that I am glad that our coaches do not orchestrate or promote a H.S. kid lying about their commit status (at least to my knowledge). Also, this is not what I would consider a high need for this class. We already have one of the nations top QB's on the team and another on the way in this class. They are just as "proven" at the SEC level as any recruit in this class.

LauraMcKeeman Laura McKeeman

After officially eliminating #OhioState, Jameis Winston tells me the finalists are #FSU, #Bama, #LSU and MLB. He visits FSU this weekend.

50 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Well durn!

I honestly don't know what to think half of me thinks we are not only in this but we are the one to beat other than FSU then I also think that we are out of it but honestly I think we r still in this but thats just my gut instinct and I have no inside info at all.

I don't know why a running QB would want to play in saban's offense. He would never get a chance to show anything. Saban was on tv saying if he had a choice, he would throw the ball everytime. He is just trying to reel in a good QB and then have them hand the ball off. I mean everyone knows he doesn't have any choice in what the offense does.

Thats why his QBs keep transferring or trying to.

Archived