2012 5* QB Jameis Winston (FSU signee)

RunInRed

FYI....  The updated copy of the SEC Constitution is here:

http://sec.xosdigitallabs.com/Portals/3/SEC%20Website/compliance/Constitution.pdf

Interesting from the new rules:

13.9.1 Letter of Intent - Limitation. Each SEC member institution is limited to signing 25 football prospective student athletes

to a National Letter of Intent, Conference financial aid agreement and/or institutional offer of athletics financial aid

from December 1 through May 31st of each year. [Adopted 5/29/09; effective immediately; revised 6/3/11; effective August 1,

2011]

Makes it sound like you can't backcount anymore, and the start date for signing the 25 moved back from Signing Day to December 1st.  Although we all know that schools are still backcounting this year, so it may be one of the other new clauses that allows it.

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, I don't know who that poster is or what he may know but that is a serious finish if true, but sounds like a Homerish thought.

FWIW, I have read that is BM's predicted finish as well, with Armstead not listed but a last spot with a question mark.

But what about Armond?  How will he factor in towards scholly #s?  Will we have room?

BM can be very homerish as well.  Remember he and JLee were partners/co-admins.

wde

BM is usually pretty conservative on his picks unlike JLee

Yep, I don't know who that poster is or what he may know but that is a serious finish if true, but sounds like a Homerish thought.

FWIW, I have read that is BM's predicted finish as well, with Armstead not listed but a last spot with a question mark.

But what about Armond?  How will he factor in towards scholly #s?  Will we have room?

BM can be very homerish as well.  Remember he and JLee were partners/co-admins.

wde

BM is usually pretty conservative on his picks unlike JLee

It is good to hear BM has matured a lot since his Rivals days.

wde

[Adopted 5/29/09; effective immediately; revised 6/3/11; effective August 1,

2011]

Then how is Bama Back Counting EE's?

Saban doesn't have to follow the rules like everyone else.

FYI....  The updated copy of the SEC Constitution is here:

http://sec.xosdigitallabs.com/Portals/3/SEC%20Website/compliance/Constitution.pdf

Interesting from the new rules:

13.9.1 Letter of Intent - Limitation. Each SEC member institution is limited to signing 25 football prospective student athletes

to a National Letter of Intent, Conference financial aid agreement and/or institutional offer of athletics financial aid

from December 1 through May 31st of each year. [Adopted 5/29/09; effective immediately; revised 6/3/11; effective August 1,

2011]

Makes it sound like you can't backcount anymore, and the start date for signing the 25 moved back from Signing Day to December 1st.  Although we all know that schools are still backcounting this year, so it may be one of the other new clauses that allows it.

You keft out the next part which is just as important.

13.9.1.1  Signing Limit Exception.  A prospective student-athlete who signs a National Letter of Intent, Conference financial aid agreement and/or institutional offer of athletics financial aid and is included in the certifying institution’s initial counter limits for the current academic year is not subject to the institution’s annual signing limit.  [Adopted 6/3/11; effective August 1, 2011

AKA backcounting if a team was under 25 the previous year.

joshnewberg247 Josh Newberg

#FSU visit solidifies QB Jameis Winston's decision (full story) ow.ly/8Cbl5 Winston: "I don't expect there to be any drama."

41 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Retweeted by auburnbeat

Can our new OC make a difference here?

No.

That's not what ST has been saying...according to him (and he has better sources than anyone else on this board except the players and players' parents who are members), Winston is still very much in the picture. :dunno:

No.

That's not what ST has been saying...according to him (and he has better sources than anyone else on this board except the players and players' parents who are members), Winston is still very much in the picture. :dunno:

That was as of 2 weeks ago Red. I could be wrong but I doubt that is the case now. He can't visit next weekend because he will be practicing for the USA v. World all star game. The only chance of Jaboo visiting would be a midweek visit this week.

No.

That was as of 2 weeks ago Red. I could be wrong but I doubt that is the case now. He can't visit next weekend because he will be practicing for the USA v. World all star game. The only chance of Jaboo visiting would be a midweek visit this week.

Actually, ST posted that 2 days ago in the "Countdown" stickied thread.  It would be interesting to hear if he still feels the same way.

ST what do you make of the recent report that we are out of the Winston running? Do you still feel confident that we can get back in with a good OC hire?

Auburn is not out of it for Winston. When Auburn hires an OC, they will visit Winston. If he likes the hire, he will visit. Then we will see what happens from there.

Scarbinsky has an article on al.com in which Winston states AU is not recruiting him anymore. Also says if AU had recruited him like Alabama they would be in his final group.

No.

Actually, ST posted that 2 days ago in the "Countdown" stickied thread.  It would be interesting to hear if he still feels the same way.

ST what do you make of the recent report that we are out of the Winston running? Do you still feel confident that we can get back in with a good OC hire?

Auburn is not out of it for Winston. When Auburn hires an OC, they will visit Winston. If he likes the hire, he will visit. Then we will see what happens from there.

That's not saying we are in it either. Personally I would rather Scott lLoeffler ook into Cyler Miles. He is committed to Washington but he and his dad are not happy with the new OC since the old one went to Bammer. Miles was the MVP of the Army All American Bowl.

Why do we need him anyway? Other than the need for another QB since Trotter's gone, we've got Mosley, FRAZIER, Pike, and possibly could promote a walk-on QB if needed.

Two words. Tom Brady. Two more. Tim Tebow.

Look where Loeffler got them as quarterbacks.

UF actually hired Loeffler to help Tebow become more "NFL" ready and improve his fundamentals and techniques. 

Why do we need him anyway? Other than the need for another QB since Trotter's gone, we've got Mosley, FRAZIER, Pike, and possibly could promote a walk-on QB if needed.

The coaches prefer to have 4 Scholly QBs on roster.

No.

That's not saying we are in it either. Personally I would rather Scott lLoeffler ook into Cyler Miles. He is committed to Washington but he and his dad are not happy with the new OC since the old one went to Bammer. Miles was the MVP of the Army All American Bowl.

Someone had posted that with Pike on board we were finished at qb.  True/Not true ?

Cyrus Miles looks like a great recruit.

I'd rather not consider promoting a walkon to be a real option, not if we can get a high caliber recruit instead.

I'd rather not consider promoting a walkon to be a real option, not if we can get a high caliber recruit instead.

Just a hypothetical question, do you think it would be smarter to take a lower ranked QB in this class just to have 4 on scholly, or wait until next year and maybe take two high caliber guys?

Archived