2012 5* QB Jameis Winston (FSU signee)

RunInRed

Can our new OC make a difference here?

No.

That's not what ST has been saying...according to him (and he has better sources than anyone else on this board except the players and players' parents who are members), Winston is still very much in the picture. :dunno:

That was as of 2 weeks ago Red. I could be wrong but I doubt that is the case now. He can't visit next weekend because he will be practicing for the USA v. World all star game. The only chance of Jaboo visiting would be a midweek visit this week.

Actually, ST posted that 2 days ago in the "Countdown" stickied thread.  It would be interesting to hear if he still feels the same way.

ST what do you make of the recent report that we are out of the Winston running? Do you still feel confident that we can get back in with a good OC hire?

Auburn is not out of it for Winston. When Auburn hires an OC, they will visit Winston. If he likes the hire, he will visit. Then we will see what happens from there.

That's not saying we are in it either. Personally I would rather Scott lLoeffler ook into Cyler Miles. He is committed to Washington but he and his dad are not happy with the new OC since the old one went to Bammer. Miles was the MVP of the Army All American Bowl.

Miles was a stud in that game and the commentators said he was the most NCAA ready QB in the country.

If we have even a sliver of a chance for him the coaches need to camp out on his lawn.

I agree completely.  Awesome looking QB that looked like he would give everyone of our QBs a run in '12.

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No.

That's not what ST has been saying...according to him (and he has better sources than anyone else on this board except the players and players' parents who are members), Winston is still very much in the picture. :dunno:

That was as of 2 weeks ago Red. I could be wrong but I doubt that is the case now. He can't visit next weekend because he will be practicing for the USA v. World all star game. The only chance of Jaboo visiting would be a midweek visit this week.

Actually, ST posted that 2 days ago in the "Countdown" stickied thread.  It would be interesting to hear if he still feels the same way.

ST what do you make of the recent report that we are out of the Winston running? Do you still feel confident that we can get back in with a good OC hire?

Auburn is not out of it for Winston. When Auburn hires an OC, they will visit Winston. If he likes the hire, he will visit. Then we will see what happens from there.

That's not saying we are in it either. Personally I would rather Scott lLoeffler ook into Cyler Miles. He is committed to Washington but he and his dad are not happy with the new OC since the old one went to Bammer. Miles was the MVP of the Army All American Bowl.

Miles was a stud in that game and the commentators said he was the most NCAA ready QB in the country.

If we have even a sliver of a chance for him the coaches need to camp out on his lawn.

I agree completely.  Awesome looking QB that looked like he would give everyone of our QBs a run in '12.

If you watched the game at all you could see for yourself he was the most NCAA ready QB. The drop off from him was significant(and that includes Pike).

SIAP.  From Winston himself (excerpt from al.com):

"My commitment to Florida State got stronger this weekend," Winston said Sunday.

Winston also told Sentell that Auburn is no longer a factor in his recruitment and has not spoken to him for some time.

"Auburn is no longer in the running," Winston said. "Auburn does not even recruit me anymore. ... If Auburn would have recruited me the way that Alabama has, they would be in my final group."

SIAP.  From Winston himself (excerpt from al.com):

"My commitment to Florida State got stronger this weekend," Winston said Sunday.

Winston also told Sentell that Auburn is no longer a factor in his recruitment and has not spoken to him for some time.

"Auburn is no longer in the running," Winston said. "Auburn does not even recruit me anymore. ... If Auburn would have recruited me the way that Alabama has, they would be in my final group."

"And then I would still choose FSU." (I ad-libbed that last part)

We have accepted that FSU will get him, while Bama was not. Us spending a ton of time on him would only amount to another hat on the table.

I can understand not recruiting him as hard but to not talk to him at all kind of makes you wonder what or if something is up.

I think JW is definitely using football as leverage for the draft...i know i would. 

I can understand not recruiting him as hard but to not talk to him at all kind of makes you wonder what or if something is up.

I think JW is definitely using football as leverage for the draft...i know i would. 

How does JW's being a fooball player have to do with his draft stock? :dunno:

very, very strange indeed.  It's not like this staff to pull a Tuberville.

After the coordinator hire, I'm very skeptical of any information or informed deductions regarding our football program.  It's all so hush hush...I think our staff may have learned some things from the late flips from last year and TJY this year.

No.

Is Nussmier (sp) trying to get Miles to bammer?

why did we stop recruiting him? unless... maybe there is a surprise QB headed our way no one knows about.   ;D

To be honest the rest of us can only speculate. ST is the only one that can truly answer that question.

How does JW's being a fooball player have to do with his draft stock? :dunno:

Think about it...if your a mlb organization/scout, and you do not take him earlier than you normally would (example...we have to take Jameis in the first round cause we may miss on him to fsu if we draft him in the second) in the draft...he is going to end up playing football. Leverage puts pressure on the organization when it comes to selecting these two sport guys.

Im not saying this is the case for sure but why would he not do this??

I have not seen where ST said we stopped recruiting him. I posed this question last week in the Signing Day thread and he responded that we would try to get back in with Winston once we got an OC.

I have not seen where ST said we stopped recruiting him. I posed this question last week in the Signing Day thread and he responded that we would try to get back in with Winston once we got an OC.

Looks like the kid has said the AU has stopped recruiting him.  What more do you want as evidence that AU has moved on and our coaches are using their energies elsewhere?

this may be happening, but i am disappointed we have heard no open discussion about pawlowski recruiting this guy ... that would seem like a no brainer, for a team recruiting effort.

I wish he would too especially considering Auburn baseball may very well lose 2 of its new signees to the 1st round of the MLB draft.

this may be happening, but i am disappointed we have heard no open discussion about pawlowski recruiting this guy ... that would seem like a no brainer, for a team recruiting effort.

I wish he would too especially considering Auburn baseball may very well lose 2 of its new signees to the 1st round of the MLB draft.

Thanks not only do I get to be sad about JW now our baseball team is going down the crapper too!!!! :banghead: haha just kidding thats great for those kids and i wish them the best

Just responding to ellitors earlier post, relax Francis.

It's Frank dude, not Frances. ;D

And since you didn't quote ellitor, I didn't know to whom you were responding.

Well if he is going to visit it would have to be tomorrow sine he will be in Texas this weekend. Another problem with that is our coaches minus 2 each day will be out recruiting every day til midnight Saturday.

It's Frank dude, not Frances. ;D

And since you didn't quote ellitor, I didn't know to whom you were responding.

HA, no worries!

Well if he is going to visit it would have to be tomorrow sine he will be in Texas this weekend. Another problem with that is our coaches minus 2 each day will be out recruiting every day til midnight Saturday.

Do you think he would consider waiting until after signing day to announce/sign?  Even his last "I'm solid to FSU" interview didn't seem very convincing to me.

Do you think he would consider waiting until after signing day to announce/sign?  Even his last "I'm solid to FSU" interview didn't seem very convincing to me.

i totally agree with you he is solid to FSU but bama is in his final group and if we had kept on him we would this is by far the softest verbal commit ever.

Archived