2012 5* QB Jameis Winston (FSU signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why has this thread not been locked?  Time to move on! :pcprobs:

Per Winston:

Winston also told Sentell that Auburn is no longer a factor in his recruitment and has not spoken to him for some time.

"Auburn is no longer in the running," Winston said. "Auburn does not even recruit me anymore. ... If Auburn would have recruited me the way that Alabama has, they would be in my final group."

Source: al.com

Winston is a great player but AU is not in need of another qb, plus IMO we get Jeremy Johnson or Cord Sandburg next year

I have thought about them to. If I were JJ and CS I would commit immediately before other QBs come running trying to get an opportunity to be coached by Tom Brady's personal QB coach.

Winston is a great player but AU is not in need of another qb, plus IMO we get Jeremy Johnson or Cord Sandburg next year

Well, I, too, had forgotten about Logan Paul, and with him being in the folds, I'm not so concerned about getting any QB in this class because of the two guys you mentioned...I wouldn't be terribly surprised, however, if we made a push to get both Johnson AND Sandburg rather than one or the other, kinda like how Florida got Cam and Brantley in the same class (for all his shortcomings, Brantley was a highly rated QB coming out of high school, as well) after having taken Tebow the year before.

I have thought about them to. If I were JJ and CS I would commit immediately before

other QBs come running trying to get an opportunity to be coached by Tom Brady's personal QB coach.

Maybe Tom will come workout at AU this offseason :-X

Well, I, too, had forgotten about Logan Paul, and with him being in the folds, I'm not so concerned about getting any QB in this class because of the two guys you mentioned...I wouldn't be terribly surprised, however, if we made a push to get both Johnson AND Sandburg rather than one or the other, kinda like how Florida got Cam and Brantley in the same class (for all his shortcomings, Brantley was a highly rated QB coming out of high school, as well) after having taken Tebow the year before.

You and me both

The coaches are recruiting Liggins.

Liggins is a BIG boy.  Is he agile?

Liggins has said it is down to the two Mississippi schools anyway so it looks like Pike is the only QB for this year

The last time Stanford came to watch Jameis he was suspended by the coach for being late to a meeting.  That night Coach Scott would only let him punt.  I think there was a point that all we had to do is show a little interest and he could have landed Winston.

I believe he said he'd eliminated Auburn. So, I doubt it. But, you never know. If any one is uncommitted at this point I would imagine the staff is speaking to them.

I believe he said he'd eliminated Auburn. So, I doubt it. But, you never know. If any one is uncommitted at this point I would imagine the staff is speaking to them.

He said Auburn stopped recruiting him and said Auburn would have been a finalist if the coaches would have kept in touch.  That said, I highly doubt Auburn will contact him.  I think the two schools he's torn between are Stanford and FSU.  

Guest JNieder51188

He had said we basically stopped recruiting him which was why he eliminated us as a choice and we now have 4 QBs signed so I doubt we try. But I've seen stranger things in life.

His interview was weird....all his teammates out there signed their LOIs but him.  He said he was a "nole" but then said he would sign Friday but might wait until next week....he was going to go home and talk with his family about everything.

He basically sounded like a kid who has not made up his mind and is still trying to decide yet he claims he has decided. 

I for one hope he sticks it to FSU and DC and goes to Stanford. 

He's a 100% FSU, he said it yesterday.  He's just milking this process like so many other top recruits.  They get so much attention over this every day. Plus, we already signed two QB's yesterday and with AU offering the 4 year scholarship now it would be a complete waste to offer another one to a QB.  Three QB's in one class is to much. 

His interview was weird....all his teammates out there signed their LOIs but him.  He said he was a "nole" but then said he would sign Friday but might wait until next week....he was going to go home and talk with his family about everything.

He basically sounded like a kid who has not made up his mind and is still trying to decide yet he claims he has decided. 

I for one hope he sticks it to FSU and DC and goes to Stanford. 

Oh, I hope he decides to be a spruce tree. :thumbsup:

Wasn't there a story on ESPN yesterday by a top recruit who signed with Stanford who said he wished JW would sign there to play so that they could be together?  I think both of them are potential Baseball draftees.  I could be wrong since yesterday was a whirlwind of watching TV, reading posts, and trying to keep the board clean.

War Eagle!!

:wedance:

Wasn't there a story on ESPN yesterday by a top recruit who signed with Stanford who said he wished JW would sign there to play so that they could be together?  I think both of them are potential Baseball draftees.   I could be wrong since yesterday was a whirlwind of watching TV, reading posts, and trying to keep the board clean.

War Eagle!!

You Mods did a great job yesterday. 

Y'all kept the board relatively clean throughout the day.

FYI - It's still a little smelly in a few areas of the house today.  But I trust y'all to do your deep cleaning (taking out the trash/flushing the toilet) now that the NSD rush is over.

Thanks for the hard work!

Wasn't there a story on ESPN yesterday by a top recruit who signed with Stanford who said he wished JW would sign there to play so that they could be together?  I think both of them are potential Baseball draftees.   I could be wrong since yesterday was a whirlwind of watching TV, reading posts, and trying to keep the board clean.

War Eagle!!

It was Noor Davis the linebacker from Georgia

I don't think he is really milking it since he is out of town at the All World game or something like that.  He is FSU and will have a another decision to make June 6 regarding the mlb draft. 

Archived