2012 5* QB Jameis Winston (FSU signee)

RunInRed

Just responding to ellitors earlier post, relax Francis.

Well if he is going to visit it would have to be tomorrow sine he will be in Texas this weekend. Another problem with that is our coaches minus 2 each day will be out recruiting every day til midnight Saturday.

Do you think he would consider waiting until after signing day to announce/sign?  Even his last "I'm solid to FSU" interview didn't seem very convincing to me.

i totally agree with you he is solid to FSU but bama is in his final group and if we had kept on him we would this is by far the softest verbal commit ever.

Appears to be soft as a marshmallow now.

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if he is going to visit it would have to be tomorrow sine he will be in Texas this weekend. Another problem with that is our coaches minus 2 each day will be out recruiting every day til midnight Saturday.

Do you think he would consider waiting until after signing day to announce/sign?  Even his last "I'm solid to FSU" interview didn't seem very convincing to me.

He has said all along he is not signing his NLI until after he gets back from the USA v. World All Star game.

we should start a new thread and lay bets on who gets chizik's last "...till midnight saturday" visit!!!

I don't remember where, but I saw the story in which he said Auburn is definitely out.

That's the interview I saw where I didn't think he sounded overly committed to anyone.

As for him saying Auburn was definitely out, I seem to recall Yeldon saying he was 100% Auburn -- until he wasn't.

He has said since his visit to FSU that it solidified his commitment there.  I personally see it as everyone else in on the outside looking in on JW.  He'll sign with FSU.

It makes too much sense at FSU for him....he will fit their system well, he can still play MLB...although if he is looking at how he could develop under Craig he really doesn't have much to look at in regards to track record.  

Plus, free shoes for life!  

we should start a new thread and lay bets on who gets chizik's last "...till midnight saturday" visit!!!

I like it.  :thumbsup:

He has said since his visit to FSU that it solidified his commitment there.  I personally see it as everyone else in on the outside looking in on JW.  He'll sign with FSU.

It makes too much sense at FSU for him....he will fit their system well, he can still play MLB...although if he is looking at how he could develop under Craig he really doesn't have much to look at in regards to track record.  

Plus, free shoes for life!  

and Full of S*** for life too.

I don't remember where, but I saw the story in which he said Auburn is definitely out.

it was on Al.com and here is the article http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/01/hueytowns_jameis_jaboo_winston.html

and here is the qoute

Winston also said definitively that Auburn has no shot.

"Auburn is no longer in the running," Winston said. "Auburn does not even recruit me anymore. ... If Auburn would have recruited me the way that Alabama has, they would be in my final group."

^^^  Our coaches have moved on.  There are other fish to reel in for this class, and they are focusing their valuable time and energy on the big fish that we need to complete this class in just one short week. 

^^^  Our coaches have moved on.  There are other fish to reel in for this class, and they are focusing their valuable time and energy on the big fish that we need to complete this class in just one short week. 

... or we could not answer his questions without having an OC to answer them, so until we hired an OC we were just wasting everyone's time?

Pretty sure we established somewhere in this thread that the coaches told Pike that they were only taking him at QB, and they are keeping their word....

Pretty sure we established somewhere in this thread that the coaches told Pike that they were only taking him at QB, and they are keeping their word....

Trotter not returning for his senior year would leave us with only 3 scholarship qbs on roster, that could change that.

I read on this board somewhere - And I only read this board so it had to be here - that Pike was told we were recruiting another QB and that he was fine with it. It might have been because of Trotter, I don't know.

I also remember reading on here that when we hired an OC if Mr Winston liked the hire he would visit.

I thought that it was said after we knew about Trotter, but I could be wrong. Anyway, just thought maybe some people were behind, no biggy.

Even if we just have three, there would be an emergency plan for a guy who could just take snaps, hand off, and throw occasionally.  Uzomah and Bray can do those things.

Not saying it's a good thing, but honestly I'd prefer a kid who knows how to handle himself over a typical #4 QB.

I don't think we are really in it for Liggins, but I also don't think he is an Ole Miss lock like many thought.  I think LSU is giving him something to think about and has been pushing since losing Kiel. 

It is also being reported that he is going to announce his decision via phone rather than in Oxford like was planned originally. 

Are you guys forgetting about Logan Paul??   :dunno:

[/quot

Good point A4E, Why talk scholarship qb's only?. I remember LP is the real deal in HS and decided to walk on at Auburn. I don't know anything about how he's progressed but I bet he's a gamer.

Archived