Kris Frost.

aurules16

Looks like he is enrolling early because he is asking if we have school today or not.

Yeah, that's been known for some time now, actually...

Hey can anyone in the know clear something up?  A mod on another site (a pay site, I'm sure you know which one) said that KF may have to wait to take an official visit in January to prove his dedication to Auburn.  That they may make him wait and not let him enroll early.  I hate to bring up anything that could be negative (though it is positive that we can pick and chose among the best athletes).  If someone could clarify I'd be grateful.  I really want Frost in this class, but I'm not privy to what goes on behind closed doors.  

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do hate how it's all over his Facebook, with people asking him if he's coming to Auburn or not and saying Auburn told him not to come. That sucks.

This is why media should not make themselves part of the story it ends up badly.  I hate that for Frost he doesn't deserve this stuff.

The latest on Frost is that the coaches want him to come to Auburn for an official visit to be sure of his commitment. He's not enrolling this semester.

So I guess you have insider information on this right? Or are you just putting 2 and 2 together and forming an opinion? Just wondering how you are making this assumption is all. You can elaborate further if you want to prove your info is true.

Thanks!

If anyone has solid information, please comment on my above statement.  The same mod also said that KF had not yet spoken with coaches when he posted.  He said they would speak today.  I'm a little confused at this point.  I also am a little surprised that the mod would post info about a recruit that must have come from the coaches (if true) before the coaches have spoken with the recruit.

Looks like he is enrolling early because he is asking if we have school today or not.

was just stating the obvious in response to sprewell's comment red

Not trying to flame but the name Sprewell is most famous for being a former uat basketball player so I have my questions marks there.

Information is from Jeff Lee at Rivals, btw.

Do you realize the stupidity in saying he has to take an official visit to prove his loyalty to Auburn - when actually attending classes is the best proof there is???    :dunno:

Ah, I missed that comment.

And no, I don't think there is any foundation whatsoever to the coaches asking him to take an official to "prove" his commitment. Jeff Lee generally has good information, but this one is a bit far fetched if you ask me.

I believe he has talked with the coaches and its all gravy and biscuits. He got really ticked off about the facebook thing. If half of these rumors were true Kris would have decommited by now. No one deserves to go thru the BS that he has.

Do you realize the stupidity in saying he has to take an official visit to prove his loyalty to Auburn - when actually attending classes is the best proof there is???     :dunno:

This. Attending a class in this situation is the equivalent of signing scholarship papers. Meaning that if he attends even one class he would be subject to the transfer rule and have to sit out at least 1 year if he decided to transfer. I don't think it gets much more commited than that.

Do you realize the stupidity in saying he has to take an official visit to prove his loyalty to Auburn - when actually attending classes is the best proof there is???     :dunno:

This. Attending a class in this situation is the equivalent of signing scholarship papers. Meaning that if he attends even one class he would be subject to the transfer rule and have to sit out at least 1 year if he decided to transfer. I don't think it gets much more commited than that.

Its what happened to some of the tenn players after they were kiffined last year.  They already attended class so they were stuck.

Not trying to flame but the name Sprewell is most famous for being a former uat basketball player so I have my questions maks there.

and for trying to choke a coach...  :laugh:

Why continue belaboring this young man's commitment...

If anything, an irresponsible MOD/journalist/or whatever BM is, should be the one under scrutiny right now... he started this crap and needs to be held responsible...

Everybody needs to leave this kid alone... period...

He is an AU Tiger and will be in class asap, ready for Spring training...

can we not rejoice in this and treat him like a member of the family already?

Its what happened to some of the tenn players after they were kiffined last year.  They already attended class so they were stuck.

Hopefully I am wrong but it looked as if his facebook post referring to being out of school was directed toward his high school classmates. He also made a post stating that his high school quarterback was injured and wondered who would pass to him to get him ready for college ball.

Hopefully I am wrong but it looked as if his facebook post referring to being out of school was directed toward his high school classmates. He also made a post stating that his high school quarterback was injured and wondered who would pass to him to get him ready for college ball.

That would make 0 sense for him to mean it that way. He has graduated high school already.

That would make 0 sense for him to mean it that way. He has graduated high school already.

I hope you are correct, I was just going by those that responded and the other post he had made that indicated he wouldn't be enrolling early.

That guy is an LB, plain and simple. It's not just his physical abilities, but after watching him in the All Star game, it's the way he plays the game. Give him a year of coaching at LB and he will be a monster there. Listening to his comments after the commit, I think that even he knows that that is where he needs to be.

I don't know the guy has good hands.  But, probably a ryan white situation where he will get a shot and if he sticks at wr he stays and if not lber.

Most every analyst says he is a better fit at LB due to his hands...but he is an 18 yr old kid. He wants the ball. No surprise there, so the coaches will let him have his look at WR. But I think when he really sees all the talent he would be stuck behind he will make the move back over to defense. Just give it time.

I think even Shaun Kitchens could still end up moving back over to defense....ya never know with our coaches.

Most every analyst says he is a better fit at LB due to his hands...but he is an 18 yr old kid. He wants the ball. No surprise there, so the coaches will let him have his look at WR. But I think when he really sees all the talent he would be stuck behind he will make the move back over to defense. Just give it time.

I think even Shaun Kitchens could still end up moving back over to defense....ya never know with our coaches.

I trust the coaches first and foremost, but to be honest, I'd like to see Shaun and Kris both play LB for AU.

Based on his comments to the reporter after the commit, I think he knows that his future is at LB. I know he likes to play WR, but from what I saw of the AAA game, he was having a great time playing LB, so he must enjoy that position, too.

Hopefully I am wrong but it looked as if his facebook post referring to being out of school was directed toward his high school classmates. He also made a post stating that his high school quarterback was injured and wondered who would pass to him to get him ready for college ball in a few months.

Unfortunately you make an interesting point here. Why would he say that if he was starting class tomorrow?

Hopefully I am wrong but it looked as if his facebook post referring to being out of school was directed toward his high school classmates. He also made a post stating that his high school quarterback was injured and wondered who would pass to him to get him ready for college ball in a few months.

Unfortunately you make an interesting point here. Why would he say that if he was starting class tomorrow?

Thats what makes me think he isn't starting classes in Auburn tomorrow. A scout reporter just posted that she talked to Frost and he is taking an official to Auburn this weekend and will arrive Friday. She was more in depth about the conversation on the scout message board but here is her twitter feed - http://twitter.com/lauramckeeman.

Archived