Kerry Almost Loses A Vote

LegalEagle

I've been called a moron and an idiot in this thread, no doubt by extremists who call themselves Republican conservatives.  I must be saying something right! *grin*

More like your liberal bretheren are avoiding the discussion because they think you're an idiot, too. They just don't want to air out the "family laundry" in front of all the neighbors. :lol:

I've been called a moron and an idiot in this thread, no doubt by extremists who call themselves Republican conservatives.  I must be saying something right! *grin*

More like your liberal bretheren are avoiding the discussion because they think you're an idiot, too. They just don't want to air out the "family laundry" in front of all the neighbors. :lol:

Is that what silence indicates? If so, I guess TitanTiger is the only one willing to fall on the sword for Dave on the 'Hannity and colmes' thread because the only talk there from the rest of you is about medals.

Is that what silence indicates? If so, I guess TitanTiger is the only one willing to fall on the sword for Dave on the 'Hannity and colmes' thread because the only talk there from the rest of you is about medals.

Are you agreeing with me Al? I don't expcet you to answer because that would be expecting too much. ;)

I have said nothing about medals on the other thread. I have posted three times on that thread the last commenting on how ridiculous the whole "released info" discussion had gotten. I thought the information I had about the form 180 was regarding the medical records. I thought that might end that discussion. I was mistaken. Sue Me!

I feel like you have a point about the link but I know the link will come. I also feel you are getting a little carried away. It's one thing to expect a link and remind people. It is quite another to become a nag. It's almost as though you are consumed with that one post.

I have heard clips and read enough about the quotes in question to know that she insulted some people. You know she said some things. Eventually the truth will come out and one of you will be right. There were plenty of Republicans/Conservatives posting in that thread about the topic at hand. Should some of us just type the same things as them so that we can say we participated?

You on the other hand have contributed absolutely nothing to this thread, oh, except for a lame joke about THC, etc. That is what I was gettging at.

Anything else I can help you with?

In Bush's war, we have almost reached 1,000 soldiers dead. In addition thousands have been maimed and injured. Many will never be "normal" again due to the emotional trauma they experience.

In President Kennedy's War we had 57k dead. 2.5M were smeared by Kerry after their noble service. We had the entire Veteran population looked down upon by others. Many of these Vets came home and were spit on, cursed at, called horribly hurtful names. Many eventually even took their own lives.

The Dems see no problem with that though.

I've not personally met any viet vet that was spit on, but maybe it happened. I was in the Navy, I met many that wore the Zumwalt Bellman's Uniform and were denigrated in restaurants, bars, gas stations but specifically in airports and train stations.

I have met many Viet Vets that have PTSD from being sent to a stupid war that we should not have been involved in. Tell that to Mr. Kennedy and Mr. Johnson Please. If none had served, none would have suffered indignities or PTSD would they? No, and then we would never have had this discussion. Blame the men that put them there, not the Vets as Kerry has done.

I am thankful for those that served, but wish none of them would have gone. Ditto. I wish that the Left would have never took it upon themselves to be judge and jury on the Vietnam Vets. They should have protested the war, but smearing those that served honorably was unforgiveable.

I have seen several "certifiable experts" on specials on ngc, thc, and the sort who say that a nuclear device or two, or more are well within the realm of possibilities.

Certifiable in what...horticulture??? :D

Sorry, saw that and it was the first thing that popped into my mind!

You may now return to your regularly scheduled posts.

Actually it was the horticultural channel! They are concerned about the effect all that radiation will have on our ability to grow food! :lol:

I'm not sure which channels I have seen these programs on, I flip channels too much. It was the learning channel, or nat'l geo, or something. I have seen stuff on the mainstream news as well.

DKW 86, I see you overlooked any mention of Nixon. Well, nobody's perfect! *grin*

I did not observe anyone denigrating soldiers myself. When my next door neighbor came home with a broken jaw from crashing his copter, we made soup and took it to him. He went on to be a successful businessman.

I question whether some of the PTSD did not result from having to live with what they were part of in Viet Nam - many things similar to those alleged by Kerry. Hey, back then a Gook was a Gook! To say only a very few soldiers did things like that in Viet Nam is like saying only a very few soldiers are responsible for the prison fiasco in Iraq. You'd like to believe it, but you know better. AND once again, I really don't blame the Viet Nam Vets. I have a bit more problems with the prison guards in Iraq.

DKW 86, I see you overlooked any mention of Nixon. Well, nobody's perfect! *grin*

I did not observe anyone denigrating soldiers myself. When my next door neighbor came home with a broken jaw from crashing his copter, we made soup and took it to him. He went on to be a successful businessman.

I question whether some of the PTSD did not result from having to live with what they were part of in Viet Nam - many things similar to those alleged by Kerry. Hey, back then a Gook was a Gook! To say only a very few soldiers did things like that in Viet Nam is like saying only a very few soldiers are responsible for the prison fiasco in Iraq. You'd like to believe it, but you know better. AND once again, I really don't blame the Viet Nam Vets. I have a bit more problems with the prison guards in Iraq.

Man Go Home! I cant believe you just posted that there was some major deal in Abu Ghraib and that it compares to Vietnam. The crimes of a few dozen should be blown up top cover all in the Iraqi Theatre?

You live in a world where anyone that wears a unifrm is automatically guilty of a crime? If you have PROOF of more being involved in Abu Ghraib or Vietnam I hope you come forward.

Untill then you are just an overblown, psudeo-intellectual that makes broad rationalizations and generalizations to cover up his poor analytical thinking skills.

God help everybody if some fool ever makes you a Judge. :rolleyes:

My dad was a chopper pilot in vietnam. When he was on the bus at the airport in SF , I think, demonstrators gave them hell and threw things at the bus. It was a very upsetting thing for the soldiers. He hardly ever tells nam stories, but did tell me this one.

Most protesting and harassing of service men and women occurred in the larger cities, San Francisco, NY, Washington D.C., But rest assured even if you did not witness it, it did occur.

[Terrorists do not wish to kill you or me. They appear to be mainly concerned with the financial make-up of the world. Hence, they attacked the World Trade Center twice. They apparently see the USA as the leader of the financial world as well as a country who meddles in others affairs, and use us as a target for their message.

Unless you work in a high profile governmental building, you are quite safe from terrorists as compared to your drive home today.

Not keeping up with current events much, are you Legal?

Osama's Feb 98 fatwa

... The ruling to kill the Americans and their allies -- civilians and military -- is an individual duty for every Muslim who can do it in any country in which it is possible to do it, in order to liberate the al-Aqsa Mosque and the holy mosque [Mecca] from their grip, and in order for their armies to move out of all the lands of Islam, defeated and unable to threaten any Muslim. This is in accordance with the words of Almighty God, "and fight the pagans all together as they fight you all together," and "fight them until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God."

This is in addition to the words of Almighty God "And why should ye not fight in the cause of God and of those who, being weak, are ill- treated (and oppressed) -- women and children, whose cry is 'Our Lord, rescue us from this town, whose people are oppressors; and raise for us from thee one who will help!'"

We -- with God's help -- call on every Muslim who believes in God and wishes to be rewarded to comply with God's order to kill the Americans and plunder their money wherever and whenever they find it. We also call on Muslim ulema, leaders, youths, and soldiers to launch the raid on Satan's U.S. troops and the devil's supporters allying with them, and to displace those who are behind them so that they may learn a lesson.  ...

You're quite right. You are one of about 300 M so the mathematical chances of you actually being killed in a terrorist attack here in this country are admittedly low. However, if another attack on this country happens -- say, another truck bomb or a chemical attack in a crowded subway -- will you still feel as secure?

I remain secure as do you, despite the additional threat the "War of the Ignorant" has brought upon us.

I will pray for you all; may you at least see the light even if you are to dim to follow it. *grin*

Certainly I am serious.  It takes a bit of effort for terrorists to fight a full scale war don't you think?  We have a pretty big moat on either side.

If there's collateral damage, then at least America would be paying Americans to rebuild it.  Americans make money, Americans pay taxes, America reaps benefits - even out of collateral damage.

Oh, and American lawyers get to sue somebody. *grin*

But that moat doesn't protect us anymore. NOT WHEN TERRORIST USE OUR OWN FREEDOMS AGAINST US!!!!

How moronic to choose war on US soil over a foreign war. How many innocent Americans have to die before liberals wake up and understand that we are no longer safe from terrorism.

...Do you not understand that it is our medling in everyone's affairs across the world that causes us to be picked out as a target?....

Legal Eagle thinks America is to blame for 9/11. Not terrorists.

Nuff said.

Legal, you wouldn't happen to be a trial lawyer would you?

I remain secure as do you, despite the additional threat the "War of the Ignorant" has brought upon us.

I will pray for you all; may you at least see the light even if you are to dim to follow it. *grin*

I already have legitimate sources praying for me. Don't bother. The guy you pray too might not be the one we all want looking out for us! :blink:

Archived