2015 4* JUCO CB Tony Bridges (Ole Miss signee)

McLoofus

Let's just wait and see how this plays out. We were just as worried if not more so as a fan base last year that we would not keep Duke from flipping to LSU but we did. With that said it would be a big blow for the 2015 season to lose him especially given 2 of our likely top 4 CBs are graduating in Mincy and T-Reed.

Yep, but our DC yesterday did speak pretty highly of 2 of our DB true freshmen; I believe he was talking about Boston and Roberts. I think we are still OK. Based on what I have read though, Bridges has immediate starting capability which would be great.

They're at Safety though. I don't see boston moving to CB. Roberts might if needed. He has more natural CB skills than Boston.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's just wait and see how this plays out. We were just as worried if not more so as a fan base last year that we would not keep Duke from flipping to LSU but we did. With that said it would be a big blow for the 2015 season to lose him especially given 2 of our likely top 4 CBs are graduating in Mincy and T-Reed.

Yep, but our DC yesterday did speak pretty highly of 2 of our DB true freshmen; I believe he was talking about Boston and Roberts. I think we are still OK. Based on what I have read though, Bridges has immediate starting capability which would be great.

They're at Safety though. I don't see boston moving to CB. Roberts might if needed. He has more natural CB skills than Boston.

It should also be noted that Ruffin is currently getting a look at Star.

Wonder why no word of Kal.

CEJ has not been asked about him specifically like the others. I have not seen feedback from CMS today yet so I don't know if he addressed Kal or not.

Wonder why no word of Kal.

Or Joseph Turner?

Legit questions, but why would you ask them in the Tony Bridges thread?

Bc on the last page we were discussing what comp there was a CB whether recruit, frosh, or vet.

• 2 weeks later...

What other cornerbacks are we still recruiting and have a good shot of signing if Tony ends up signing with Ole Miss?

I am sure the staff is talking to others but are not heavily recruiting any because if we hold the 2 we have then we're done at CB. Therefore we don't have a good shot with any other as things stand know. If Tony were to flip that would change. We would pick up somebody but likely not the talent TB has.

Highlights from MGCCC'S win over Northeast Mississippi last night:

@PerkSID

Read about MGCCC'S 41-8 win over Northeast here: LINK

@CregStephenson

#Auburn commits Jason Smith, Tony Bridges both came up big for @MGCCCBulldogs tonight in 41-8 win | LINK

@CregStephenson

Auburn commit Tony Bridges just ran a punt back for a TD for MGCCC. Auburn commit Jason Smith has 1 rushing TD, 1 passing TD.

@DougBarber2

Halftime - MGCCC 41, Northeast 0; new QB Jason Smith the real deal @sunherald #shscores

I'm getting more and more concerned about this guy. Just read that he's already scheduled a visit to Ole Miss and hasn't taken one to AU yet (of course I may have missed that....it could have been an official). Regardless, we've been short on really good corners over the last several years. This dude seems like a must get.

I'm getting more and more concerned about this guy. Just read that he's already scheduled a visit to Ole Miss and hasn't taken one to AU yet (of course I may have missed that....it could have been an official). Regardless, we've been short on really good corners over the last several years. This dude seems like a must get.

I think I read he will be visiting for the Auburn Lsu game. Which could work out well!

He has visited AU and will visit again for the LSU game like Jeff said. Regardless the threat from Ole Miss is real. The strange thing in this recruitment is both staff's are confident, AU that they will keep Bridges and Ole Miss that they will flip him.

Tony Bridges stats from Thursday

-1 INT returned 20 yards for a TD. 4 tackles, 2 were solo, 2 Punt returns for 26 yards. Longest return was 20 yards

I think he sticks. War Eagle.

Agree. I'm pretty good at reading between the lines as well as facial expressions, and if he had to sign a LOI today it would be with us. Plus it sounds like he has developed a good relationship with the DB coaches.

Archived