The opener against the Pigs just keeps getting bigger!

EagleFlight34

"you can laugh at what you want, but the first step of developing and creating a core for a program comes from within, have witnessed it happen. remember WI beating Auburn in 2006, yeah the hot bed of WI and the 10 D1 recruits a year, on a good year, at that time, won. So don't be an arrogant JA, they develop a bunch of players not wanted by anoyone to be a team, the same philosophy Gus pushes and if Brett is smart enough he will follow Mr Alveraz footprint. Hate when our fans make us look like pompous asses without having a clue"

Who is they? Wisconsin or Arkansas? bert better be developing the heck outta some players pretty damn quick. Im not being an arrogant jackass, I just dont thnk bert is that good of a coach. That game you referenced in 2006 has no bearing on the game between AU and Arkansas. I hope Auburn punks the hawgs by 5 TDs. bert is the only arrogant jackass involved the deal. He looked like he was going to cry when he shook hands with Gus post game last year. I hope he ends up crying uncontrollably this year. Dont like the guy and not going to pretend otherwise.

I went to that Capital One bowl game. Can't stand missconsin at all! BB is a tool for his whiny anti hurry up agenda. Grow up, grow a pair, man up and play!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm skeert of the Hogs because they be gittin' brand new uniforms from Nike. Them 'n' Notre Dame 'n' FSU. Gonna put Hogs on the TV beauty watch.

http://arkansasrazorbacks.com/fls/6100/branding2014/

Whereas -- what were those funky uniforms Auburn was wearing in the A-Day game? The white ones 'specially. Talkin' ugly.

If Auburn has to wear those uniforms next season, we doomed.

Because, as everyone knows, the purdiest uniform always wins.

I'm skeert of the Hogs because they be gittin' brand new uniforms from Nike. Them 'n' Notre Dame 'n' FSU. Gonna put Hogs on the TV beauty watch.

http://arkansasrazor...0/branding2014/

Whereas -- what were those funky uniforms Auburn was wearing in the A-Day game? The white ones 'specially. Talkin' ugly.

Really it's is worse than that.....we all know that AU can't win with Under Armor unis and will never have a serious team until we hook up with Nike.

The Wisconsin game was lost before we ever stepped on the field. Pre-game Tubbs announced that bowls were meant to have fun. The team had their fun before the game and was totally unprepared. Wisconsin on the other hand saved the fun for after the game and came on the field ready to play and handed our rear ends to us.

I doubt CGM will show up with an unprepared team.

^^^^^ This. I was at that game and it was very obvious we were totally unprepared. We didn't even look good in the tunnel and Cox couldn't hit the warm up man. Had some very nice WI fans sitting in front of us that thought we were going to run away with it, well we know how that turned out. WI really wanted to win for Coach Alvarez and did so at our expense. I know Tubbs did some good things while at AU but he never seemed to "finish". He would win a game he wasn't supposed to and then take the pack off and coast. Gus will never allow our team to get into that kind situation. We finally have a "closer" WDE!!!

http://arkansasrazor...0/branding2014/

Really it's is worse than that.....we all know that AU can't win with Under Armor unis and will never have a serious team until we hook up with Nike.

:bow: Well played, sir.

(If you don't see the humor in that, go read the basketball forum.)

Can't remember a season opener that I've been worried about less.

I can't remember an opener that I've looked forward to more!

I do think arky will be a good indicator of whether our defense has improved. Last year they gashed us pretty good in the run game using a traditional/mediocre offense.

IMO the important question is whether we win 48-34 or 48-10. Arky doesn't matter to me as a program, but as an acid test - it is interesting.

Arky has no natural rival in the sec and I think Bert's just trying to manufacture one. If it wasn't for his antics, would anyone, any where care about Arkansas or even identify correctly on a state map? It's a frantic attemp at any type of relevance. Honestly if it wasn't a slow day I wouldn't have read a thread with Arkansas in the title.

this is a great point as Brett will attempt to seal the borders for Arky recruits to build his program, the biggest threat is an Arky native, therfore you show ne fear. While he will continue to make an ass of himself publicly he is a good coach and can maintain a solid program. AU fans should not waste their energy creating the rivalry back and just let him turn his own fanbase against him, aka WI.

I admittedly giggled a little at this post. Seal the boarders of arky? Like there is a plethora of talent in that state! But they do tend to have a handful of good recruits every year and he does need to pull in all of 'em to be successfull there.

True. Arky, like Tennessee, does not have sufficient state talent to sustain top 20 recruiting so 1) seal the borders and 2) create a buzz so you can recruit texas, Louisiana, ect. How do you create a buzz at Arkansas ? No rivalry game, no real out of state rep, and a coach that has no reputation with recruits in the region. My feeling is it may be possible cbb has some personal issue with cgm (if so, seek counseling), but the real ploy is trying to get anyone beyond Arkansas fans to care (good or bad) about Arkansas.

Per'aps Bielema is trying to restore the grandeur of the Clinton days? :bananadance:

you can laugh at what you want, but the first step of developing and creating a core for a program comes from within, have witnessed it happen. remember WI beating Auburn in 2006, yeah the hot bed of WI and the 10 D1 recruits a year, on a good year, at that time, won. So don't be an arrogant JA, they develop a bunch of players not wanted by anoyone to be a team, the same philosophy Gus pushes and if Brett is smart enough he will follow Mr Alveraz footprint. Hate when our fans make us look like pompous asses without having a clue

Wow wasn't trying to offend you there phan. I even agreed with the overall point of your post. He does need to get all the recruits from arky to have a chance. But at the same time its not like he has to worry that much about Gus trying to steal players from under him (which seemed to be the point of your post). I bet we've never had more than 4 players from arky on our roster at any given time. Sure there are 1 or 2 every few years that we may go after but his success or failure at arky isn't going to henge on a couple players. It just sounded funny, I could see bert saying "I've got this state on lockdown!" and all the other coaches in the SEC looking over their shoulders saying "ok...." Not sure how pointing out that arkansas isn't known to have lots of D1 prospects is being arrogant. Its a fact.

I don't know if I hated Arky but I sure have come to fear them over the years. They were always good for a tough game against AU and I hate that we have like a .500 record against them since they joined the conference. I like to think of AU being in the top tier of the SEC and our Arky record was always a legitimate arguement against that. I'm really enjoying the idiocy of bert and look forward to much success against the hogs while he is there (2 years max!)

Our current coach has played them once, and beat them- and their current coach- 35-17 at their house in his first season.

Nothing that has happened between Auburn and Arkansas before that matters anymore. Chizik's ultimate ineffectiveness as a head coach, Tuberville's brain fart in '06, Petrino peaking during some mighty down years for Auburn... none of that has any bearing on what our programs are now.

To wit: UAT and UGA beat Auburn by a combined score of 174-21 in 2011 and 2012, and all 21 of Auburn's points were scored in 2011. Gus Malzahn and many of the same Auburn players beat both of those teams- and their same coaches and starting QBs- in 2013.

Rednilla is right, Arkansas has been- and could again be- a powerhouse. But the fact that Tommy Tuberville took a couple midseason naps in the '00s doesn't in any way mean we should be look at Arkansas as anything more than what they are right now- or ourselves as anything less than what we are right now.

Yes I agree that past loses to arky do not give any indication of how furture match ups will turn out.

Those are some good excuses as to why we loss to them, i'm sure arky fans could come up with some of their own for why they don't have a better record against us. We've been playing them regularly since 92' and we are about .500 against them. I find it hard to make the arguement that we are a better program when the record is what it is. I really hope that changes and i'm pretty confident that it will. White wash the history of AU football if you like, i find it hard to do so as a fan who has seen many games. For example, I will be very excited the next time we play GA Tech and USF because of the last time we played them even though our and their current coaching staffs record will be 0-0 against one another.

I don't know if I hated Arky but I sure have come to fear them over the years. They were always good for a tough game against AU and I hate that we have like a .500 record against them since they joined the conference. I like to think of AU being in the top tier of the SEC and our Arky record was always a legitimate arguement against that. I'm really enjoying the idiocy of bert and look forward to much success against the hogs while he is there (2 years max!)

Our current coach has played them once, and beat them- and their current coach- 35-17 at their house in his first season.

Nothing that has happened between Auburn and Arkansas before that matters anymore. Chizik's ultimate ineffectiveness as a head coach, Tuberville's brain fart in '06, Petrino peaking during some mighty down years for Auburn... none of that has any bearing on what our programs are now.

To wit: UAT and UGA beat Auburn by a combined score of 174-21 in 2011 and 2012, and all 21 of Auburn's points were scored in 2011. Gus Malzahn and many of the same Auburn players beat both of those teams- and their same coaches and starting QBs- in 2013.

Rednilla is right, Arkansas has been- and could again be- a powerhouse. But the fact that Tommy Tuberville took a couple midseason naps in the '00s doesn't in any way mean we should be look at Arkansas as anything more than what they are right now- or ourselves as anything less than what we are right now.

Yes I agree that past loses to arky do not give any indication of how furture match ups will turn out.

Those are some good excuses as to why we loss to them, i'm sure arky fans could come up with some of their own for why they don't have a better record against us. We've been playing them regularly since 92' and we are about .500 against them. I find it hard to make the arguement that we are a better program when the record is what it is. I really hope that changes and i'm pretty confident that it will. White wash the history of AU football if you like, i find it hard to do so as a fan who has seen many games. For example, I will be very excited the next time we play GA Tech and USF because of the last time we played them even though our and their current coaching staffs record will be 0-0 against one another.

Oh, I'm not white washing anything, nor am I making up excuses. You are right that we have simply failed as a football program several times- too many times- against Arkansas. And that bothers me, too. As for what actually happens between the whistles, though, I'm of the opinion that our most recent game against them is the only one that is relevant to what we might expect from our next game against them.

"You are right that we have simply failed as a football program several times- too many times- against Arkansas. And that bothers me, too. As for what actually happens between the whistles, though, I'm of the opinion that our most recent game against them is the only one that is relevant to what we might expect from our next game against them."

Its a new day and past shortfalls against Arkansas are history. They don't bother me one bit(on this we clearly agree)considering the direction that each program is going now. I seriously doubt there will be any unexpected lapses against the hawgs anytime soon. bert is still an over weight whiney brat.

Archived