Boise vs. Ole Miss Game Thread

Wareagletd

Ole Miss and Boise ....in Atlanta....who dreamed up that game? Neither team has a big alum following away from home.

Same ole Bo Wallace. 2 int already.

2nd Team All SEC preseason....an indication about how bad the QB situation looks in the SEC...at least for now.

2nd Team All SEC preseason....an indication about how bad the QB situation looks in the SEC...at least for now.

He was over hyped

He was over hyped

3 ints now. This one in the end One on 3rd down.

Analysis on Ole Miss thus far: not sure if their defense is that good or it's Boise State that's that bad; hopefully it won't matter against us. However, I am sure that their offense is THAT bad. Hugh Freeze is no Gus Malzahn.

Bo Wallace is still Bo Wallace - I think that is about all we know from this game. I will give UM's safety's some credit. Big guys that know how to hit and play the pass.

Wallace has always been the same guy. Capable of both submarining his team single-handedly and tossing up 300+ yards on solid defenses. He's a complete wildcard week-to-week. The defense looks good though. The DL is solid, the greater Nkemdiche is a stud, the Safeties are mean as hell, and the LBs will be a lot better with Bryant and the lesser Nkemdiche on the field. They can play. The offense is going to be spotty with Wallace's streakiness and the lack of a running game.

He was over hyped

Old Myth is over hyped. They have no rushing attack to take pressure off their average QB with departure of that speedster Jeff Scott. Even he wasn't a 20+ carry a game back.

He was over hyped

Old Myth is over hyped. They have no rushing attack to take pressure off their average QB with departure of that speedster Jeff Scott. Even he wasn't a 20+ carry a game back.

Yep, notice Jordan Wilkins is the RB. He committed to AU and then ended up at OM. Dont remember the ins and outs of it, but he is probably glad he didnt come to AU.

Analysis on Ole Miss thus far: not sure if their defense is that good or it's Boise State that's that bad; hopefully it won't matter against us. However, I am sure that their offense is THAT bad. Hugh Freeze is no Gus Malzahn.

Likely a combination of both. Boise's run is done with no Petersen on their sidelines. Look for them to get lost in non-Big 5 mediocrity.

Ole Miss is a top 25 team. Depends on what you expected from them. They are a good defensive team with very good WRs, a streaky QB, and a solid OL. That's a good team. They have flaws. No run game. Bo's turnover issues/lack of arm strength. Smaller CBs. Still. You have to be impressed with Nkemdiche, Shackleford, and Johnson up front with Prewitt and Connor in the back. Those guys are all very legit.

Wallace has always been the same guy. Capable of both submarining his team single-handedly and tossing up 300+ yards on solid defenses. He's a complete wildcard week-to-week. ...

Or apparently half-to-half.

Ole Miss looked pitiful in the first half. I think this year will be similar to what I've come to expect from Ole Miss teams: play a few good teams really tough and fade late, win 1-2 they shouldn't, and lose 4 games.

Ole Miss looked pitiful in the first half. I think this year will be similar to what I've come to expect from Ole Miss teams: play a few good teams really tough and fade late, win 1-2 they shouldn't, and lose 4 games.

Unfortunately, as an Ole Miss grad, last night made me feel the same way. Although, this year's defense is the best I've seen in at least 10 years.

If Bo Wallace can get consistent and cut down on mistakes and the defense keeps them in games late then they might have a chance to pull off 9 wins +. But, I said this last year, and I said it again last night that with Bo Wallace at the helm I don't think Ole Miss will ever win more than 8. He is far too much of a liability. Until he can prove that he can play consistently good ball, then i won't change my mind.

Will say that the D was absolutely laying the wood last night. I was very impressed, and that was still with out Denzel Nkemdiche and Sendarius Bryant.

Bo has a ceiling, but in fairness, he's a massive part of the office. They have zero run game so Bo and the WR/TEs are the entire offense. With Tunsil and Morris on the left side, they should be better running the ball.

Bo has a ceiling, but in fairness, he's a massive part of the office. They have zero run game so Bo and the WR/TEs are the entire offense. With Tunsil and Morris on the left side, they should be better running the ball.

He is a huge part of the offense, and I think the team believes in him, but I would love to see Devante Kincade play some more in the same capacity that Brunetti played last year.

To the running game, I was disappointed in the lack thereof last night, but there was promise from former Auburn commit Jordan Wilkins and also freshman Mark Dodson.

Archived