UGA backfield

cammycam2

They look scary good! We all knew how good gurley was. Nick chubb was pretty hyped out of HS and looks like he deserved it. They have, in my opinion, the best RB corps, and its not even close.

I know i sound like a broken record but that has to be the most talented backfield i have ever seen.

I was pulling for Georgia in this one. I don't like Dabo Swinney. I enjoyed watching UGA shred Clemson in the 2nd half. They rushed for 328 yards. Todd Gurley had 198 yards on only 15 carries with an avgerage of 13.2 yards per carry.

I'm sure UGA can't wait to run on South Carolina's defense in two weeks. It could get ugly for South Carolina if their defense doesn't get any better.

They look scary good! We all knew how good gurley was. Nick chubb was pretty hyped out of HS and looks like he deserved it. They have, in my opinion, the best RB corps, and its not even close.

I agree. Gurley is a legit Heisman candidate, even in this QB-happy era. I only saw Chubb once (mostly watching our game), but it was the one his helmet got ripped off. He is one tough dude and there won't be much dropoff when he spells Gurley.

ETA: And Keith Marshall is no slouch. Don't know his stat line, but he's a legit SEC running back.

There are a lot of great backfields in the SEC, but I can't imagine making an argument for a better back than Gurley. When healthy, that guy is out of this world.

The problem has historically been his health. Jury is out on whether or not he can make it through the season. I hope he can, he's fun to watch.

There are a lot of great backfields in the SEC, but I can't imagine making an argument for a better back than Gurley. When healthy, that guy is out of this world.

The problem has historically been his health. Jury is out on whether or not he can make it through the season. I hope he can, he's fun to watch.

Totally agree, but look whats behind him. I just cant get over it. Gurley is the best. Marshall is one of the best. Chubb will be one of the best. Sony michel (not sure how its spelled) will also be huge. Their future is as blindingly bright.

Don't like UGA but I detest Dabo and those Clempson wannabes even more. Definitely a good win for MR and crew.

My thoughts exactly

Don't like UGA but I detest Dabo and those Clempson wannabes even more. Definitely a good win for MR and crew.

I hate Dawg fans (including how the spell Dog), but I like Mark Richt. He's a class guy, wish he had gotten 5 more yards in the SECCG a couple years back.

Good victory for Georgia.

I don't buy the best of all time stuff (I mean, just to highlight a potential competitor: Bo Jackson and Brent Fullwood... same backfield), but Gurley's the best RB in college football. Heck, I'd take him over most NFL backs. Chubb looked explosive. He'll take Marshall's carries if he keeps that up. They lack weapons on the outside, which can be a killer. That's basically what happened to Wisconsin tonight. No threats outside. I haven't seen anyone that particularly concerns me in the UGA passing game.

Gurley is unreal, but Marshall didn't look very sharp from what I saw tonight. That'll be interesting to monitor this year with Marshall coming off an injury and Gurley being so injury-prone.

Just saw the stat line that Gurley's 198 yards came on only 15 carries. Chubb had 70 yards on 4 carries. Impressive, indeed.

Gurley also had a 100+ yard kickoff return.

While GA backs looked great, you have to wait 2 or 3 weeks to make proclamations. What if Clemsons D turns out tone their worst ever; or their best?hard to tell after 1 game. But I will say this, I would load the box and make GA QB beat me. Also can't stand Clemson. I could see them having a rough year; SC, FSU, Miami.

very impressed with the UGA running backs. I was more impressed with the defense. Pruitt has made a difference there.

Their D was much, much better -- or so it looked game 1.

Gurley is a beast no matter how good or bad Clemson is on D. That was an impressive performance.

GA and A&M had the best week 1 performances of any teams in the country. Gurley is a beast!

While A&M certainly had an excellent performance, UGA's was little different than ours. Clemson was right with them and held their own offensively in the first half, with UGA dominating in the second half. That is exactly what Auburn did, and without relying on one player to do it.

Archived