Photos of Pat Sullivan

RunInRed

Great pictures! Auburn fans that were not on campus during the Sullivan years missed something special. I know many here weren't even born then but it was a great time to "be there".

Seeing how the jerseys of today are a lot about "show" those old jerseys make it interesting to see how things have changed.

Thanks so much for posting these wonderful memories. Pat Sullivan was my childhood football hero and remains so to this day. I consider it an honor to once again attend a game at JHS with Sully on the field. He represents everything that Auburn means to me.

May God continue to bless Sully! :wareagle:

Jersey's from back in the day of the tear-away and mesh jersey tops.

Pat was my 1st Auburn hero. I got his autograph at the Aub-Bama freshman game when he was a senior. Thought I'd died & gone to heaven! The following Thurs he won the Heisman. My whole family was gathered in front of the TV on Thanksgiving night for the announcement. I had prepared myself for Pat not to win. When they called his name, we broke into wild applause, & I was in heaven again. Will never forget it!

Auburn was the only school at that time that had those 'fish-net' jersey's, and it was used by the Auburn coaches as another reason to come and play for Auburn….

I remember Pat Sullivan playing for Auburn when I was a kid growing up in the early 70s and as a coach with Pat Dye in the mid 80s. Even Alabama fans like myself think he's a classy, standup guy. I wish him well and good health!

Thanks for posting those pics. Pat is one of the greatest Auburn people of all time. He was a role model when he was a kid and still is. God bless him.

His bombs to Terry Beasley were truly a sight to behold. Ad God bless Terry too. I knew him when I was a student at Auburn. He is a great guy. Another great Auburn man.

Archived