Ray Drew

Not A Insider

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it possible that he told the AU coaches not to make their visit with him because he has already decided to attend AU and that they needed to go work on some others--Cyrus K., Gabe Wright, Etc? Is there any link or even spoken word from his mouth that he is going to GA? Am I grasping at straws?

Call it spinning if you will, but if AU parted ways with him and wishes him well in future endeavors, then he's taking his talents elsewhere. 

Is it possible that he told the AU coaches not to make their visit with him because he has already decided to attend AU and that they needed to go work on some others--Cyrus K., Gabe Wright, Etc? Is there any link or even spoken word from his mouth that he is going to GA? Am I grasping at straws?

Call it spinning if you will, but if AU parted ways with him and wishes him well in future endeavors, then he's taking his talents elsewhere. 

We'll see...maybe it's part of "shock the world baby"...when is he announcing? Doesn't come to mind at the moment.

And since you phrased it that way I would prefer it be South Beach  ;D

I agree.   It is a little strange though.   I haven't responded to any of the Ray Drew threads but I must say I am a little shocked.   I just thought with our defense and then our team chemistry and closeness he would have been a better fit here.  His character choices just fit in better with the Auburn way of life and not UGA's.   Oh well, I wish him all the luck.   Our coaches have moved on and totally trust them.   WDE!

I agree.   It is a little strange though.   I haven't responded to any of the Ray Drew threads but I must say I am a little shocked.   I just thought with our defense and then our team chemistry and closeness he would have been a better fit here.  His character choices just fit in better with the Auburn way of life and not UGA's.   Oh well, I wish him all the luck.   Our coaches have moved on and totally trust them.   WDE!

Goes to show you with Marcus Lattimore as an example.  He had a great year last year, but he wasn't vital to us winning a National Title.  Drew may very well be a great player for UGA, but I think we'll be just fine. 

Understand, I guess, wanting to stay in state for Drew.  I just think he would have been "at home" at Auburn.  We have such a high standard of Christian coaches and men here.  I think Richt is a good guy but I feel he will be gone in a year.  Wish Drew the best of luck against everyone except Auburn.  Hope he has made the right decision for himself.

Understand, I guess, wanting to stay in state for Drew.  I just think he would have been "at home" at Auburn.  We have such a high standard of Christian coaches and men here.  I think Richt is a good guy but I feel he will be gone in a year.  Wish Drew the best of luck against everyone except Auburn.  Hope he has made the right decision for himself.

I don't. uga has the relatively easier west schedule next year and SC and AU at home so they are my surprise pick to win the East.

I hate it for this kid.  I don't care if he spurned Auburn in favor of UGA but I think it is a huge mistake for him to try to move from DE to OLB.  He won't be making an impact on the team for a few years, if ever.  What a waste of talent.

I just hate he has to go against our offensive line for the next 4 years  :thumbsup:

Probably just 3 years. If we're lucky.

He will want to go pro after taking a pounding from Big C or another great AU lineman by that point.

Archived